Krispy Kreme

Be The First To
Add Photos

Krispy Kreme Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Morgan

Jim Morgan

Pros:
  • "Pays weekly, comes with benefits, easy startup job, get to eat free donuts"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Good environment, free doughnuts, customer service experience"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Whenever you run low on doughnuts a lot of the customers don't understand that it isn't magic"
    in 8 reviews
  • "I was trained more on making donuts then actual manager training"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fun but not a place for a full-time job.

Retail (Current Employee)
    Havertown, PA

ProsGreat coworkers. Easy going pace. The work is not to demanding. Smells great when you walk in.

ConsPay is low and not a lot of available hours. The occasional difficult customer is always a bummer. Sick of the smell by the time you go on break.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people more hours to people who actually need them.

Great Place to work

Retail Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible work schedule, great working environment

ConsA lot of work to to in short amount of time

Impossible to not love the job, selling delicious hot doughnuts to happy customers.

Orlando, FL

ProsCustomers are happy to come into the store 90% of the time. The support team from Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation is awesome. They provide great training materials and are available by phone or email for just about anything. The company promotes from within as much as possible and reward good employees with salary raises and praise.

ConsThe 10% of not so happy customers can be a drag but luckily it isn't often. It's no fun to smile when a customer is griping about something but it can be fun to try to change their attitude through friendliness and accomdation. I also don't like smelling like a doughnut when I leave -- but there are worse things to smell like! :)

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue selling those amazing hot glazed doughnuts and support your employees!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's been real.

Shift Lead (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

Pros$10 an hour for a shift lead is pretty impressive, to me. Interview was easy, just be personable and pass the drug test. Everyone I worked directly with has been pleasant, I worked at a production store and a "hot shop". Doughnuts are the best around. Our coffee is fantastic, too. The management in my area (they own the stores in Brandon, Fl. Avenue, Kennedy Blvd., Lakeland, and Palm Harbor) has just undergone some changes, and most of them seem really good. I am hearing we will be opening more stores soon. There seems to be room to move up in the company, people have an opportunity to go from a retail member to a shift lead to store manager with a lot of hard work and that is something I admire a lot in a company.

ConsI hate khakis and white polos. So. Much. And the coffee stains our shirts so easily. So that's a bummer.

The first store I worked at (for almost a year before transferring) was in a shady part of town and almost every single customer was rude, nasty, and just trying to get something for free. I have never been treated the way those customers treated me, and I have held several customer service jobs. I had to call the police on more than one occasion. So that was terrible. Though this is more a "con" about the human race moreso than the company.

The two stores I did work at didn't have any sort of method of systematically giving reviews or raises, so that's something that threw me off because other places I've worked had a set way about doing it. I know people who have been working here for years without any sort of raise, and that's unfortunate.

There's definitely some miscommunication about coupons and other procedures. We are told not to accept expired coupons but to also make sure the customer leaves happy, and it seems impossible to find a balance there. I'm so used to customers trying to scam me that I do not ever accept a questionable coupon, which typically has been the right way to go, but I have coworkers who've been written up upon receiving customer complaints when all they did was follow that same rule.

I asked a few times about getting on the health insurance with this company but no one has actually told me what to do and that's a little annoying, I wish they would send out a packet when you're hired on full time or something.

Analyst

Winston-Salem, NC

ProsBenefits are great; Medical, Dental & vision; Flex, vacation, community service days etc.

ConsResponsibilities of Job Title vs Pay Scale

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within; Advancement of employees within the organization;

Bad Awful Worse

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, KS

ProsFree doughnuts throughout the day and free soda, anything else you must purchase, there is a 50% discount if you work there.

ConsDepending on how reliable your managers are at your location is how good of a job this is. We went through over nine managers in less than four months. We were always missing something and having to borrow it from our sister stores. There was one point in time where we were missing napkins, straws, lids, and boxes for the doughnuts. Whenever you run low on doughnuts a lot of the customers don't understand that it isn't magic. If the planning isn't done correctly and you run short on original glazed you also run short on anything that comes from the original glazed (chocolate iced, chocolate iced with sprinkles etc.) What you may not understand when you get this job is that this is a small factory that supplies a large majority of the doughnuts in your area. So the doughnuts must be caught and packaged while they run down that line, with that comes load out (making sure each route gets the amount of doughnuts they need) and stickering boxes. You may think a business like this the boxes would come ready to go, but they don't. They have old school stickering guns in which you may get stuck stickering well over 500 boxes a night. I would say this job was much more enjoyable before I got promoted and was in charge of everything that would go wrong because my manager wouldn't always order the things we need. Great job if you are still in school they will work with you on your schedule and if you work hard you can go far. If you plan to make it to shift supervisor status or above it would be better for you to be someone who has really thick skin and can easily handle all the drama thrown your way.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to FULLY train your supervisors and managers instead of just throwing them out to the wolves.

Good stuff here at Krispy.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Foley, AL

ProsGood steady job. descent pay for fast food

Conslay offs during winter suck. Work your ass off, to keep your jub

I loved my coworkers but I hated working for Krispy Kreme

Production Associate (Former Employee)
    Greenville, SC

ProsAmazing coworkers and customers. Close proximity to my home those were pretty much the only pros of this job.

ConsTerrible policies, unrealistic expectations for production associates. I worked many days with out breaks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a more active role in what is going on.

It is very boring to work there

Team Member (Current Employee)
    Fredericksburg, VA

Prosgood pay nice customers closes at 10 and 11

Consbad management bad hours not enough hours sometimes

Advice to Senior Managementfix it

Mixed, some parts enjoyable , some parts not

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Winston-Salem, NC

ProsFun working for a company with a great brand known around the world and loved by many.

ConsThere were some nasty people working in corporate management (many have left) who were not pleasant with work with. Would like to see the company move faster and more aggressive on projects

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of the actual culture and demand that everyone works together in a friendly way to achieve the goals of the company. As Jim Morgan said, no one should have hair on the bottoms of their feet from stepping on peoples heads.

Worked for Krispy Kreme? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Krispy Kreme reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Krispy Kreme CEO Jim Morgan. All 66 reviews posted anonymously by Krispy Kreme employees.