Krispy Kreme

Be The First To
Add Photos

Krispy Kreme Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Morgan

Jim Morgan

Pros
  • Good environment, free doughnuts, customer service experience(in 8 reviews)

• free donuts, total lack of supervision, we did what we wanted, when we wanted(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • When addressing that to upper management, they act surprised and act as if it's impossible(in 3 reviews)

• You have to throw away hundreds of doughnuts a day and cannot take them home unless you buy them(in 9 reviews)

Back Stabbing Rude People

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsI started as a manager in training. I traveled to 2 different States. For a 6 months to train to be an assistant manager. It was fun learning different aspects of the job and traveling. The pay was out standing.

ConsKrispy Kreme locations do not train the same. I was trained more on making donuts then actual manager training. Once I became an assistant manager I was sent to University Store in Winston Salem. I had no life the Gm there ruined my career. He set me up to fail when I went to HR I was fired 3 Months later.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssistant manager Position needs More management training for 6 months. If u are wanting to hire a shift supervisor do that instead of placing an assistant manager at a store then treating them like a shift supervisor.

Should be do not,not donut

Team Member (Former Employee) Denver, CO

Prosfree donuts, total lack of supervision, we did what we wanted, when we wanted. total abscence of upper managers except when they came for the dog and pony shows

Consunderpaid, under staffed, never enough help, jerk shift managers, rude customers, seriously its donuts people

Advice to Senior Managementcome down from the office and be more involved, get real with your team and pay them, they make the money, not you.

Mixed bag work experience.

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsIt is an international company.

ConsNo career growth opportunities within Finance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

overall working at krispykreme was fun, perfect first job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rock Hill, SC

Prosfree donuts, fun work environment

Consmgmt ruined my experience, choose employees more carefully

Advice to Senior Managementdont take your job so seriously

Stressful

Krispy Kreme (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsAnnual raise
    There are no other pros

Cons-They do not promote from within
    -No matter how hard you work and show dedication raises are extremely minimal between $.05 - $.25

I loved my coworkers but I hated working for Krispy Kreme

Production Associate (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsAmazing coworkers and customers. Close proximity to my home those were pretty much the only pros of this job.

ConsTerrible policies, unrealistic expectations for production associates. I worked many days with out breaks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a more active role in what is going on.

The incompetence of Management and how I was treated is absolutely appalling!!

Fundraising and Community Relations Manager (Former Employee)

Pros* Free Doughnuts
    * Marketing experience
    * Work mostly from home office

Cons* TERRIBLE Management!
    * Consistant mistakes
    * Non-Comunication

I would describe my experience with Krispy Kreme, not such a good work environment...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have flexible hours and they also have free doughnuts and soda pop if your clocked in.... who would complain about free doughnuts..

ConsMost of there employees does not speak english. And there Management are not apart of the team that they are running. If the employees were running behind, the Management staff would not go on the floor to help get caught back up. There management staff is very lazy I guess you could say.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to communicate with your staff as well as help out your team members, not just sit in an office.

Relieved to be a former employee.

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsHaving a paycheck in this deep recession we're in.

ConsNo career growth, unprofessional director(s)

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish an employee system wherein departmental issues can be resolved in a timely manner. Currently, rules are not being inforced and employee morale is suffering as a result. Only a couple departments promote internally, finance isn't one of them.

Stay far away

Delivery Driver (Former Employee)

ProsThe actual job isn't bad, Especially in the summer. Had fun listening to radio all night and getting to know all the gas station employees. This job with a good company would be awesome.

ConsThis place is so unorganized its not even funny. The benefits are a joke, and they will have you delivering doughnuts in blizzard conditions. They are closing down stores like there's no tomorrow.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be a manager. Quit treating your workers like cattle and follow through on your promises. Get some organizational skills.

Worked for Krispy Kreme? Contribute to the Community!