Krispy Kreme

Updated December 8, 2014
2.8

Krispy Kreme Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Morgan
Jim Morgan

Pros
  • Occasionally free doughnuts, long hours and a little bit above minimum wage (in 14 reviews)

• free donuts, total lack of supervision, we did what we wanted, when we wanted (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management couldn't care less about the work force (in 5 reviews)

• You have to throw away hundreds of doughnuts a day and cannot take them home unless you buy them (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Manager is very rude and nasty

Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Krispy Kreme

Pros

Free donuts all day, helping customers, coworkers are fun

Cons

Work for more than your paid, store manager is rude and nasty

Better management

A good starter job

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Krispy Kreme part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get paid every week. Can get health benefits. In many locations.

Cons

Poor pay in comparison. Does not care about employees, just the almighty dollar.

Create more benefits for employees. Bring back stock options and raise pay.

For job experience

Current Employee - Team Member in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Krispy Kreme part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun environment , learned to adjust with coworkers. Working in KK is more good for first job seeker to learn sales and costumer service for experience.

Cons

Meeting different people eveyday. Encounter demanding and rude costumers. Just still be friendly attitude and keep smiling. Busy morning hours.

it's an experience

I worked at Krispy Kreme

Pros

steady hours, benfits, fun employees, free doughnuts

Cons

it can get super packed overwhelming sometimes it's hard to work off doughnuts

be nicer, don't stress so much your employees are here to help

Look after your staff and they would look after your business.

Former Employee - Store Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Krispy Kreme full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

strong company values and vision, the training for a low level employee is great and exciting. great employee to work with

Cons

The benefits, promotions, wages and personal growth lack attention.

First job, started out great... no promotion after I finished college so it was time to move on

Former Employee - Team Member in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Team Member in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Krispy Kreme part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great first job, good for students

Cons

Busy, staffing sometimes short, must have excellent multi-tasking ability... raises are insulting

Give raise more often or a better amount if you want employers to stay loyal

My experience with krispy kreme.

Current Employee - Retail in Goldsby, OK
    Current Employee - Retail in Goldsby, OK

I have been working at Krispy Kreme part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like working at krispy kreme because I get to meet and talk to alot of great people. I love to make customers smile. I've learned to come out of my shy shell working with team members and customers, thanks to krispy kreme.

Cons

Some challenges are meeting the requirments such as dress code have to be to the T or employees will lose money. And on a very busy day moving at a fast paste and still mataining positive mood.

I advise some managers such as my manager at krispy kreme to treat the employees with respect and to not be so hard on us workers, also it would be nice to be rewarded when workers have had a hard day at work, or something simple as "good job everyone" on holidays or on a very busy day. Make sure employees comfortable working with you, never make one feel less then the other. Just an opinion from a employee at krispy kreme. I have experienced these problems from a manager at the krispy kreme I work at.

Free Doughnuts Are Awesome! Pay sucks.

Former Employee - Doughnut Maker in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Doughnut Maker in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Krispy Kreme full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free doughnuts!!! Laid back atmosphere. Cool co-workers. Easy. Decent first job for high school kids.

Cons

Low pay. $8.00 an hour as up front worker/ $8.50 an hour as doughnut maker. Management was moody. Could be stressful when extremely busy. Doughnut makers worked harder than up front workers, but were not compensated much more for it. No breaks for doughnut makers.

Doughnut makers should make $10.00 an hour starting out. That's fair.

BAD

Former Employee - Retail in Collingswood, NJ
    Former Employee - Retail in Collingswood, NJ

I worked at Krispy Kreme full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free Donuts given while at work

Cons

Everything from management to owners to training to dealing with customers

Do not play favorites, promote from within, and do more work instead of delagating

Krispy Kreme Hoover Shop

Current Employee - Production in Hoover, AL
    Current Employee - Production in Hoover, AL

I have been working at Krispy Kreme full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy to get hired, allows overtime, provides uniform.

Cons

Does not offer direct deposit, requires uniform, expected to come in early or forced to stay late to be relieved with no notice whatsoever, no breaks or time to even sit down some nights, and unreliable employees.There is no where near enough employees to even run the production line, let alone finish all tasks including, making all doughnuts for 3 different Krispy Kreme shops by a certain time, supply our store, and make enough for the fundraiser orders, then clean entire shop before the store opens. The machines are constantly breaking and just get a quick fix to only break again soon, management does not do anything when you address them with serious problems in the workplace. Employees do not stay long at all because of the lack of help or training and how unorganized and chaotic things are. I quit during transition, when my paycheck was misplaced twice and took a month to receive it, my employee paperwork was lost 3 times so I was unable to work for 10 days with no pay (while ready the same day, it was sitting on the desk waiting to be sent to the boss for 9 days), and during transition from franchise to corporate, I was promised several times that my healthcare wouldn't change because I was working mainly for benefits and waited a year to have surgery and with only one month left for eligibility, then at the last moment I was told I would only have a preventive plan, and it was a joke. I tried to contact corporate management several times, I left many messages and still have not received a call. Very unprofessional and do not care about their employees one bit and are so completely disorganized and messy they cant find anything at all. No management on 3rd shift so most employees leave to go sleep in their car for hours while others are working.

Consider employee suggestions that would possibly improve the store environment for customers and employees. Try to resolve any problems that one of your employees may have and pay more attention to what your employees are doing. Learn how your shop is supposed to run, like how the production line and machines work as well as health, safety, and work protocols so you can fix problems instead of having an employee come fix the problem when they have already worked a double shift. Train your new hires and communicate with other managers, so that everyone is on the same page. Sanitize machines more than just when a general manager is coming to evaluate the establishment.