Krispy Kreme

Updated December 8, 2014
2.8

Krispy Kreme Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Morgan
Jim Morgan

Pros
  • Occasionally free doughnuts, long hours and a little bit above minimum wage (in 14 reviews)

• free donuts, total lack of supervision, we did what we wanted, when we wanted (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management couldn't care less about the work force (in 5 reviews)

• You have to throw away hundreds of doughnuts a day and cannot take them home unless you buy them (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Free Doughnuts Are Awesome! Pay sucks.

Former Employee - Doughnut Maker in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Doughnut Maker in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Krispy Kreme full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free doughnuts!!! Laid back atmosphere. Cool co-workers. Easy. Decent first job for high school kids.

Cons

Low pay. $8.00 an hour as up front worker/ $8.50 an hour as doughnut maker. Management was moody. Could be stressful when extremely busy. Doughnut makers worked harder than up front workers, but were not compensated much more for it. No breaks for doughnut makers.

Doughnut makers should make $10.00 an hour starting out. That's fair.

Team member

Former Employee - Team Member in Destin, FL
    Former Employee - Team Member in Destin, FL

I worked at Krispy Kreme full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free doughnuts and good summer job

Cons

Management, anyways hate when you request any time off. Always let personal conflicts in the work environment.

Provide better training for management

circus

Former Employee - Front Work in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Front Work in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Krispy Kreme part-time (less than an year)

Pros

if you a slacker it the place to work boss there only in mornin you break when u wont lunch when u wont. Sleep drink play all u wont on the job. u get ritten up a bunch an it dont mean nothin cause u dont be fired. Go to the boss bout thangs and they dont do nothin. u can tell the boss when u gonna work or who u aint gonna wont work with. we get to run the place an u call frends an give donuts out the back fo free they say corprit is comming and tale us.

Cons

drama gosipp from ppl u work with ruing yo life. KK they dont got nothin to give us to help us.

yall need to quit sayin corprit comming an catch us screwin roun all day

BAD

Former Employee - Retail in Collingswood, NJ
    Former Employee - Retail in Collingswood, NJ

I worked at Krispy Kreme full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free Donuts given while at work

Cons

Everything from management to owners to training to dealing with customers

Do not play favorites, promote from within, and do more work instead of delagating

Not a bad job for a student

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Destin, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Destin, FL

I have been working at Krispy Kreme full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, and good environment for a student. I'm a college student and I am a shift supervisor and it is a good job. Plus, they have great benefits, including tuition assistance.

Cons

Long hours, have to work for a year before you get vacation,

Krispy Kreme Hoover Shop

Current Employee - Production in Hoover, AL
    Current Employee - Production in Hoover, AL

I have been working at Krispy Kreme full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy to get hired, allows overtime, provides uniform.

Cons

Does not offer direct deposit, requires uniform, expected to come in early or forced to stay late to be relieved with no notice whatsoever, no breaks or time to even sit down some nights, and unreliable employees.There is no where near enough employees to even run the production line, let alone finish all tasks including, making all doughnuts for 3 different Krispy Kreme shops by a certain time, supply our store, and make enough for the fundraiser orders, then clean entire shop before the store opens. The machines are constantly breaking and just get a quick fix to only break again soon, management does not do anything when you address them with serious problems in the workplace. Employees do not stay long at all because of the lack of help or training and how unorganized and chaotic things are. I quit during transition, when my paycheck was misplaced twice and took a month to receive it, my employee paperwork was lost 3 times so I was unable to work for 10 days with no pay (while ready the same day, it was sitting on the desk waiting to be sent to the boss for 9 days), and during transition from franchise to corporate, I was promised several times that my healthcare wouldn't change because I was working mainly for benefits and waited a year to have surgery and with only one month left for eligibility, then at the last moment I was told I would only have a preventive plan, and it was a joke. I tried to contact corporate management several times, I left many messages and still have not received a call. Very unprofessional and do not care about their employees one bit and are so completely disorganized and messy they cant find anything at all. No management on 3rd shift so most employees leave to go sleep in their car for hours while others are working.

Consider employee suggestions that would possibly improve the store environment for customers and employees. Try to resolve any problems that one of your employees may have and pay more attention to what your employees are doing. Learn how your shop is supposed to run, like how the production line and machines work as well as health, safety, and work protocols so you can fix problems instead of having an employee come fix the problem when they have already worked a double shift. Train your new hires and communicate with other managers, so that everyone is on the same page. Sanitize machines more than just when a general manager is coming to evaluate the establishment.

Horrible place

Former Employee - Retail Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Retail Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Krispy Kreme part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly customers, easy work usually

Cons

Very negative, racist, poor training and the coworkers were against having to deal with new people.

Overhaul your staff, the majority are horrible people.

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Route Salesman in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Route Salesman in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Krispy Kreme full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As long as you work hard this is a good place to work.

Cons

early hours but not bad wend you get use to it.

Good place to work

Time with Family

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Krispy Kreme

Pros

Great work-life balance!! Love the loyal customers that come through the doors everyday!

Cons

Wages for PT help could be better

Great job

I have been working at Krispy Kreme part-time

Pros

Free Doughnuts all the time

Cons

Free Doughnuts all the time