Krispy Kreme Reviews

Updated August 18, 2014

2.9

Krispy Kreme Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Morgan
Jim Morgan

Pros
  • Good environment, free doughnuts, customer service experience (in 8 reviews)

• free donuts, total lack of supervision, we did what we wanted, when we wanted (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • When addressing that to upper management, they act surprised and act as if it's impossible (in 3 reviews)

• You have to throw away hundreds of doughnuts a day and cannot take them home unless you buy them (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great work experience with decent pay

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Krispy Kreme full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work hours and great work environment

Cons

Standing all day and running around.

Hire experienced people and keep an eye on new employees.

it was ok

I have been working at Krispy Kreme

Pros

fun enviornment, ice people, great donuts

Cons

bad hours, mean customers, sweet donuts

Great company, not a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Krispy Kreme full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Who doesn't love doughnuts? It really is fun to share the joy of Krispy Kreme. Great benefits and wellness programs.

Cons

Inconsistent application of company policies on conduct, scheduling, work output and job advancement. I don't know many employees who are doing the work they interviewed for or is on their job description. Favoritism and elitism may be the reason for huge turnover in Supply Chain, Finance and Training departments.

KK is no longer a small family run business, please act and run it like the large multinational company that it is.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Okay job for high school and college students

Current Employee - Team Member  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I have been working at Krispy Kreme part-time

Pros

Friendly co-workers, becoming friends with the customers

Cons

Low pay, not many work days

Fun but not a place for a full-time job.

Current Employee - Retail  in  Havertown, PA
    Current Employee - Retail in Havertown, PA

I have been working at Krispy Kreme part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers. Easy going pace. The work is not to demanding. Smells great when you walk in.

Cons

Pay is low and not a lot of available hours. The occasional difficult customer is always a bummer. Sick of the smell by the time you go on break.

Give people more hours to people who actually need them.

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Retail Specialist
    Current Employee - Retail Specialist

I have been working at Krispy Kreme full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule, great working environment

Cons

A lot of work to to in short amount of time

Impossible to not love the job, selling delicious hot doughnuts to happy customers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Krispy Kreme full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Customers are happy to come into the store 90% of the time. The support team from Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation is awesome. They provide great training materials and are available by phone or email for just about anything. The company promotes from within as much as possible and reward good employees with salary raises and praise.

Cons

The 10% of not so happy customers can be a drag but luckily it isn't often. It's no fun to smile when a customer is griping about something but it can be fun to try to change their attitude through friendliness and accomdation. I also don't like smelling like a doughnut when I leave -- but there are worse things to smell like! :)

Continue selling those amazing hot glazed doughnuts and support your employees!

It's been real.

Current Employee - Shift Lead  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Krispy Kreme full-time for more than a year

Pros

$10 an hour for a shift lead is pretty impressive, to me. Interview was easy, just be personable and pass the drug test. Everyone I worked directly with has been pleasant, I worked at a production store and a "hot shop". Doughnuts are the best around. Our coffee is fantastic, too. The management in my area (they own the stores in Brandon, Fl. Avenue, Kennedy Blvd., Lakeland, and Palm Harbor) has just undergone some changes, and most of them seem really good. I am hearing we will be opening more stores soon. There seems to be room to move up in the company, people have an opportunity to go from a retail member to a shift lead to store manager with a lot of hard work and that is something I admire a lot in a company.

Cons

I hate khakis and white polos. So. Much. And the coffee stains our shirts so easily. So that's a bummer.

The first store I worked at (for almost a year before transferring) was in a shady part of town and almost every single customer was rude, nasty, and just trying to get something for free. I have never been treated the way those customers treated me, and I have held several customer service jobs. I had to call the police on more than one occasion. So that was terrible. Though this is more a "con" about the human race moreso than the company.

The two stores I did work at didn't have any sort of method of systematically giving reviews or raises, so that's something that threw me off because other places I've worked had a set way about doing it. I know people who have been working here for years without any sort of raise, and that's unfortunate.

There's definitely some miscommunication about coupons and other procedures. We are told not to accept expired coupons but to also make sure the customer leaves happy, and it seems impossible to find a balance there. I'm so used to customers trying to scam me that I do not ever accept a questionable coupon, which typically has been the right way to go, but I have coworkers who've been written up upon receiving customer complaints when all they did was follow that same rule.

I asked a few times about getting on the health insurance with this company but no one has actually told me what to do and that's a little annoying, I wish they would send out a packet when you're hired on full time or something.

Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Krispy Kreme full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great; Medical, Dental & vision; Flex, vacation, community service days etc.

Cons

Responsibilities of Job Title vs Pay Scale

Promote from within; Advancement of employees within the organization;

Good stuff here at Krispy.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Foley, AL
    Current Employee - Manager in Foley, AL

I have been working at Krispy Kreme full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good steady job. descent pay for fast food

Cons

lay offs during winter suck. Work your ass off, to keep your jub

Worked for Krispy Kreme? Contribute to the Community!