Kroeschell

1 Rating

Great Company

Former Employee - Millwright/Welder in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Millwright/Welder in Aurora, IL

I worked at Kroeschell as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

If you are interested in working for a merit based company, who will give you an opportunity to prove yourself, this is the company to go to. They went out of their way to help me, and I have been grateful for the opportunity that they gave me.

Cons

There are no down sides to working for this company, they treated me fairly. Whenever I needed anything, including time off to be with my ailing parents, they worked with me in a very respectable manner. I am thankful for that.

Get more places to work so that you can employ more people. We need more places to work like working with Kroeschell. I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with, and if I hadn't had to relocate I would have liked to continue working for Kroeschell.

Bad, Very bad

Former Employee - Millwright in Montgomery, IL
    Former Employee - Millwright in Montgomery, IL

I worked at Kroeschell full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good exercise walking long distances, that's where the good points end.

Cons

In My Opinion:
    The management seems to always focuses on the negative.
    Management's tendency seems to be punitive based.
    Management tends make rash judgments with insufficient basis or information,
    and then obsesses on their erroneous assumptions.
    Management Screams and Yells at their employees, to the point where you feel that
    anything you say or do is going to be used as an excuse to further
    justify additional or increased levels of emotional or verbal abuses.
    You will never satisfy these people.
    It would appear as though both of the managers have serious emotional issues.
       Emphasis on SERIOUS....
       Impetuous: , actions done quickly and without thought : controlled by emotion rather than intelligent thought.
    Management has constructed a overall generalized environment of hostility, which appears to have been fabricated intentionally.
    One manager attempted to hit me with his golf cart while I was walking out.
    He then followed me to the door and deliberately walked in from of me ( from the right side) in what appeared to be a second failed attempt to trip me, or to cause a second altercation of a violent nature.
    Both of his nefarious attempts failed, because I simply continued walking away from him.

In My Opinion.
    The managers appear to have emotional issues which are typically indicative of a systemic traumatic childhood.
    Due to this, the prognosis for the future would seem to indicate that there will be a continual degradation in both moral and quality of workmanship which will be exemplified by the lack of proper tools to work with.
    The situation that exists there now seems to have already regressed to a dangerously low level now 7-22-2014

The company needs better leadership and organzation

Current Employee - Millwright/Electrician in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Millwright/Electrician in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Kroeschell full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Gained some valuable experience. The job isn't affected by the weather. The rate of pay was good. The people I worked with were enjoyable.

Cons

Work load is up and down. One minute you can't get a day off, the next minute you are laid off. You can't count on a steady paycheck.

Get your work load organized.

Unfair Company

Current Employee - Electrician in East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Electrician in East Peoria, IL

I have been working at Kroeschell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

decent pay. Ok company picnics

Cons

poor benefits, extremely poor upper management , employees are treat differently, if you are a favorite you will do well, if you do your job you get more work. they subcontracted to major company. when I quit , Kroeschell blacklisted me and kept me from going to another company . Very unprofessional company

fair treatment to all employees

Purposeful Employment

I worked at Kroeschell

Pros

Employees have a unique sense of connecting for their jobs and the responsibilities of others to work together as a very successful team to encourage an atmosphere of bonding.

Cons

Excessive amount of competition among staff at upper level is disruptive, it frays the feelings of teamwork within the company.

Cut back on the jobs at the top and turn the long-term productivity into REVENUE, stop gumming up the company with management jobs.

nice management but unfair

I have been working at Kroeschell

Pros

lunches for special occasions, nice people, health benefits

Cons

unfair treatment to certain employees
    some employees get away with things

need to learn how to treat everyone the same