Kroll Factual Data Reviews

1.7
Rod Bazzani

1. Unorganized - lack of direction and support

I worked at Kroll Factual Data

Pros

Brand recognition in the marketplace

Cons

Inferior technology compared to competition

There is always room for improvement

2. Overworked and underpaid

I worked at Kroll Factual Data

Pros

The camaraderie amongst myself and my co workers was amazing, unfortunately it was due the fact that we all felt under appreciated and extremely over worked.

Cons

Our compensation for the amount of stress which was involved with our workload was completely unfair.

Don't treat your employees as if they're a number. You're turnover might not be as high.

OUT SOURCED

I have been working at Kroll Factual Data full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Kroll for Almost 6 years, Until the last 2 years have very much enjoyed working for the company

Cons

Kroll has now been OUT SOURCED!! To India and either the Phil pines or Dominican Republic, We are expecting huge layoffs in the near future. I feel our *BIG* Clients are being left in the dark about who is really processing their files. The catch, They contracted a company within the US (Thought Focus) so they don't get their hands dirty. So don't bother applying anytime soon for a job. unless your willing to move to another Country. What ever happened to *Made in the USA?*

Fire the people who got your company into this mess and keep jobs here in the US!!

A company that I am embarrassed to be associated with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Kroll Factual Data full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They offer a very nice vacation package starting at 3 weeks and going up to 5 weeks at 5 years. Management leaves you alone for the most part. weekly BBq's during the summer. They have many drawings for tickets to Budweiser events

Cons

No chance for advancement. Poor pay and the raises are between 1 and 5 percent. Poor management. direction given by management is contradictory fixing one issue yet leaving multiple problems unresolved or even recognized, Working conditions are so poor quality and seasoned employees are leaving and untrained or quality employees are the majority.

Recognize the frustration of employees from the poor working conditions and lack of change needed to overcome high turnover. Get rid of the VP. Work as hard as your employees. Act on resolving problems in the company, there are tons to choose from

Most shady company I ever worked for!!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Kroll Factual Data full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is ok here

Cons

I worked for almost six months threw a temp company "In there building" and I worked hard for them and was a good employee and out of nowhere they gave us a 4 day notice we were all being layed off do to them slowing down...Then to add insult to injury ,2 days before the cutt off day, they sent us home early do to them being slow... The senior supervisor's reply was "I aint gonna pay all of you for doing nothing so you need to go home" Like it was are fault they were not getting enough calls!!! Basically they put me in a terrible bind and obviously know how to work around not giving benifits, paying unemployment or even have to have a reason to fire you...smh...dirtiest company I ever work for

Have more respect for your employees ,and realize people depend on a pay check just like you depend on making a profit!! Give a 2 week notice if your gonna be laying people off and be somewhat human about it

Horrible

Former Employee - Credit in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Credit in Loveland, CO

I worked at Kroll Factual Data full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you absolutely cannot get a job then KFD is ok

Cons

Women are treated as second class citizens . Company is run by bunch of old guys who for every complaint or question simply tell you :" we will look into that " , in other words it's never gonna happen don't waste your breath .
    Management sucks as well the supervisors . If you can dodge all the bullies don't worry supervisors will get you . They will either talk badly about you or constantly strive to find your smallest mistakes but nobody acknowledges all the hard work you do and how much business you actually make them.
    I complained twice about bullies and treatment I didn't even get an email back much less action taken even know I was discriminated against . This includes HR and management . That is unacceptable .
    They draw these little drawings about how teamwork is dream work when in reality there is no such a thing at KFD . It's every man for himself and if you survive constant backstabbing and constant negativity you're lucky .
    They simply don't care one way or the other , nor do they want to invest time in trying to make departments better . After huge lay off KFD has become hellhole full of hostile , insecure , unprofessional people who don't have a clue what they are doing . Very sad what the company has become .

Get rid of bad people , employees , supervisors , managers and go back to good company you use to be . Just because you were sold doesn't mean you cannot hire good nice people . Try to maintain that KFD integrity you use to have , nobody is asking that you spend huge amounts of money to buy things for employees , people just appreciate honesty and good hard working employees , supervisors and managers vs the ones that are just out to get you on every single corner . Such shame .

QA/QC

Former Employee - QA/QC in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - QA/QC in Loveland, CO

I worked at Kroll Factual Data full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice facilities and place to work out. Flexible hours. Steady paycheck.

Cons

Management is a mess. There is absolutely zero communication between departments and management with staff. Everyone is always in the dark. They hire a lot, lots of turnover. Hard to get quality people there. Pay is low and benefits are terrible. They cost you more then what they present. Managers micromanage and if you are 7 minutes early or late for a shift you are written up. My first manager literally would yell and scream at staff and the company kept her for a long time. They under bid on contracts then have to lay people off again when contracts are pulled and cancelled due to mismanagement. Constant back and forth. No job security. Went through 4 managers in less than 2 years. Was lied to since day one when I was told could work from home to only find out on day one that was not the case. Keep looking.

Appreciate the good people you have and give rewards to the hard workers. Stop focusing on the a persons time and focus on what they can do for the company. Use a persons skills to the companies advantage and stop dismissing them to fill a seat. Give better salary increases and communicate better with your employees.

Unfortunately not a great place to work anymore

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Kroll Factual Data full-time

Pros

Used to be a great company, family oriented, listened to all levels of employees. Compensation was worth trying hard, staying at the company. Had many 20+ year employees at the company and they still loved it.

Cons

Company was purchased about two years ago and everything that was a "pro" is not there anymore. The people running the company do not know what they are doing, many employees have now left. Unfortunately not a good place to work anymore, very stressful.

10. Pleasant and responsive but they didn't understand their clients intentions

Current Employee - Mortgage Investigator in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Mortgage Investigator in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Kroll Factual Data full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked in a department that ramped up quickly to serve their large client. They were pleasant to me personally and they showed good judgment by releasing or transferring employees who weren't able to produce or put them in a better place.

Cons

It became apparent there was a rough patch with some of the management team - they were incapable of understanding client expectations. That eventually improved. They did not negotiate a good long term contract - it put them in a bind for continuing profitable operations. The client was able to wiggle out of the contract - as a result there was a Department-wide layoff of all employees.

Learn from this mistake - don't low ball future offers - understand the long term implications of your actions.

Unstable

Current Employee - Independent Verification Specialist in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Independent Verification Specialist in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Kroll Factual Data full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Does not tolerate cigarette smokers

Cons

employees are extremely insecure and completely stressed out over a very simple job

Get all new people--start from scratch

Kroll Factual Data Photos

Looks pretty on the outside...
Corporate HQ