Kronos Incorporated

Kronos Incorporated Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Kronos Incorporated Chief Executive Officer Aron J. Ain

Aron J. Ain

Pros:
  • "Good Work Life Balance, supports learning, great middle management in HSG division"
    in 24 reviews
  • "As a solution consultant, I'm able to work from home a lot"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "This used to be OK because of the excellent work/life balance in a bad economy, but now the"
    in 8 reviews
  • "One observation that I noticed a couple of months in is the talent at the middle management level"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company and it starts at the top!

Pre-sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere are many reasons so many employees have worked here a long time, and why so many who have left return. The welcoming & truly collaborative culture is based on "sharing the wealth". So many organizations think an internal, competitive culture helps growth when it does the opposite. At Kronos, everyone pitches in because the team succeeds & benefits, not just the individuals. This fosters a great environment for new hires since the help you need to get started is genuine versus most other companies where it's just an appearance of help (because you're competing for bonus $).

ConsI regrettably left only because of finances. An almost 50% increase & title bump doesn't come around often, right?

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep compensation somewhat competitive, or come up with "golden handcuffs" of your own.

I love it here

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for less than a year

Pros- Everyone that I've met here so far has been very nice.
- There is a great balance of work and life.
- Everyone here works hard and plays hard together.
- In my team, we win together and we lose together.

ConsIt is hard to convince the more experienced people to change things about their methodology. Some meetings run much longer than they should and few people choose to talk because the most experience people tend to influence everyone very easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to ensure that meetings don't run as long, get to the point faster. Also, be more flexible about new ideas if you can.

Very Positive company with CEO who care deeply about Clients and Employees

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExcellent Senior Leadership, Best products in the market, Significant investment in product and employees, Happy Customers

ConsThere is nothing negative about Kronos

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't work here

Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than a year

ProsGood commute for people in the area, but that's all.

ConsI had a truly horrible experience here. Highly political, no culture, bad management, frequent layoffs(usually in Dec, right before the holidays). Run by an investing company. You will be a number, the CEO will put on a front like he actually cares about employees, but just waiting to cash out.
They are moving all development overseas, so if you are a developer, don't work here.
This place has gotten real bad...stay away

Advice to Senior ManagementSell already

Fine place to be

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOpportunities by industry and product line, remote work allows for flexibility, solid infrastructure, sales, and HR teams

ConsFor the industry (WFM) Kronos is a very large company, it is not as intimate as a smaller company and you do feel like a cog in the wheel

Good company

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood work life balance. The work is satisfying.

ConsI cannot really think of much. There are cons everywhere, but i think Kronos is much better than the average. I don't exactly jump out of bed with excitement every morning to go to work, but I think I'm much happier here than I'd be at many other companies.

Best experience in over ten years of working at other top companies!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated part-time for less than a year

ProsTalented leaders. I have had a great deal of visibility with the leaders of the department. They make themselves available to listen to my ideas, provide feedback to improve my work, and give me ownership of projects. They trust me to do a great job, and it feels awesome!

ConsLong commute. I had never considered working an hour away from home until a friend and current employee shared how leaders and managers support flexibility and work/life balance. They turned a con into a pro, and helped me make it work!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with your enthusiasm and energetic leadership. It truly is inspiring!

Kronos is run by investors who just want to squeeze a turnip

Engineer (Former Employee)
Beaverton, OR

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou will be able to step up to new duties and get them on your resume as people with the credentials to do those jobs flee like rats from a sinking ship

Consjudging from the droves of people who have once worked for them, and how they all collectively feel, you will suffer from years worth of therapy inducing ptsd, proportionate to the time you spent working for them and the level of responsibility you held.

Advice to Senior Managementnone, its too late.

Good at first, then .. Bad.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 8 years

ProsMost people at Kronos are not actively nasty, they are mostly reasonable most of the time.

The company comes off as "friendly" and "comfortable". New employees tend to like this.

ConsI think that at VP level, Kronos' average talent is less than that of their competition. I am not saying every VP is bad, but I've worked in Kronos' industry since the early 90s at several companies. I think the VP Average Talent Level at Kronos is less than market average.

The results of this are lack of coordination across areas of the company, slowly degrading quality of product, and slow reaction to new market conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and go to a smarter, more proactive, younger company with higher potential for future success. Kronos operates in markets with increasing commoditization and decreasing margins, and reacts slowly and grumpily to any type of change.

Was great and might be again some day.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWhile it was privately held it was a great place to work. Still might be some day if Aron gets it back to private again.

ConsAfter it was sold to venture capital holders everything came down to how the business looked on paper. Long term upper salary employees were outsourced or replaced to lower the bottom line. People still there are worked twice as hard with little added compensations.

Worked for Kronos Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!

Kronos Incorporated Videos

Kronos Incorporated – Why Work for Us?

About Kronos Global Workforce Management Solutions It started off with a simple idea: there had to be an easier way to record employee time transactions. And then one innovation led to another and that idea grew into… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kronos Incorporated reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kronos Incorporated CEO Aron J. Ain. All 174 reviews posted anonymously by Kronos Incorporated employees.