Kronos Incorporated

Kronos Incorporated Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Kronos Incorporated Chief Executive Officer Aron J. Ain

Aron J. Ain

Pros
  • Kronos offers and promotes great work life balance whether you're in the office or not(in 27 reviews)

• As a solution consultant, I'm able to work from home a lot(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • This used to be OK because of the excellent work/life balance in a bad economy, but now the(in 8 reviews)

• Some of the middle management within Engineering struggle with how to manage people(in 13 reviews)

Great Company

ProsFantastic company to work for, great products, people and culture.

ConsLimited work from home opportunities.

Great until buyout

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people
    Pay was decent
    Benefits decent

ConsToo political. Older workers forced out in droves. Someone should sure them!

Advice to Senior ManagementKnock off the revolving door of engineers and treat people like people.

Great company to work with

Intern (Current Employee) Chelmsford, MA

ProsThis was a great experience over the summer. Learned numerous new skills and was able to expand my skill set. Managers were very helpful and no one was to busy to help. I would highly recommend this company

ConsKronos has a low turnover rate since the majority of the employees are happy with the company. Although this is a good thing, it leads to a older workforce, so for someone in their 20's you won't have many people your age to talk with.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging work and a great culture

Director (Current Employee) Chelmsford, MA

ProsThe culture is collaborative, fast-paced, and fun. Our CEO is highly charismatic and genuinely appreciates his employees - at town hall meetings, he will often say he wishes he can give everyone (and their families) a hug! Kronos is an industry leader and doing very well financially, and employees get to share in the excitement and success.

ConsI love working for a global company, but we could be better at communicating across departments, countries, and time zones. Sometimes it's challenging to get everyone on the same page.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe more communication the better. We love Aron's vlogs and would like to hear even more from the leadership team.

Place I want to be at every morning

Director (Current Employee) Chelmsford, MA

ProsGreat management team
    Great engineers
    Great people to work with across functional areas
    Place of innovation
    Great work gets recognized and rewarded quickly
    Wise finance policies

ConsNone I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt maybe a good to look for ways to orient the company to be technology driven company as opposed to sales driven company - this may attract and retain top talent in the industry and advance the company growth. I believed currently there is a balanced approach in this respect, but the "message" somewhat come out as sales is the #1 priority for the company.

Innovative, Financially Strong, Inspiring Culture

Senior, Director Human Resources (Current Employee) Chelmsford, MA

ProsGreat CEO (Aron Ain). Open, honest, transparent culture.
    Over 30 years of financial success. New, innovative products. Multiple verticals. Global presence.
    People matter. Zero arrogance about this company and it's culture. It's all about pride in products, services and people.

ConsWould like to see more international job opportunities available for internal candidates to post, etc. Starting to see this happen more often. Exciting.
    Would like to see more of an uptick in our international business - see huge opportunities to gain market share globally.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of Aron Ain! He's truly an inspirational leader. I'd follow him anywhere.

Software Engineering Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSupportive to interns, exposure to wide variety of products and their works.

ConsNot much to learn in a short period of time

Overall, Kronos is a great place to work.

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsManagement is willing to listen to new ideas and encourages personal and professional skill advancement.

ConsAs with many companies these days, company organizational hierarchies change often and not always for the better.

Bait and Switch !!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chelmsford, MA

ProsEmployee population is very friendly, good health and wellness benefits, free coffee and snacks (apples, bananas, granola etc.)

ConsBureaucracy and Project mismanagement the likes of which I have never seen in my 18 year career!

Advice to Senior ManagementInnovation (one of Kronos core corporate Inflection points) is extinguished at onset due to a focus on only meeting the immediate task at hand, of which, there is a never ending list. Even if you have the greatest idea and solution to making these tasks turn into automated events, no one wants to listen, just keep digging the ditch by hand, even if you own a backhoe which could do the job 100x's faster!

Loyalty Ha!

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Senior (Former Employee) Chelmsford, MA

ProsThere are some pretty friendly co-workers who I got to know well.

Decent renovation of the new building.

ConsPerformance reviews mean nothing. It is given on a whim and how your manager feels about you those months leading to it.

People are "encouraged" to give good ratings on the company surveys. That tells you how trustworthy the results actually are.

Regardless of your performance, when it's time for you to go, in comes the moving boxes and out you go.

Advice to Senior ManagementShort sighted middle management. Can not see long term consequences only short term gains.

Worked for Kronos Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!