Kronos Incorporated

Kronos Incorporated Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Kronos Incorporated Chief Executive Officer Aron J. Ain

Aron J. Ain

Pros:
  • "Kronos offers and promotes great work life balance whether you're in the office or not"
    in 26 reviews
  • "As a solution consultant, I'm able to work from home a lot"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "This used to be OK because of the excellent work/life balance in a bad economy, but now the"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Some of the middle management within Engineering struggle with how to manage people"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I probably made a mistake

Chelmsford, MA

ProsProvides a clean workplace. There is also free snacks, tea and coffee

ConsThe work was mediocre at best. I was part of this program that kept moving me from group to group so I can get "experience". The pay is extremely poor compared to a similar role in this industry. Several people I've talked to in the company share the same view. Some have already left and others are visiting monster.com more often.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees especially the ones you've just hired. This will make them stay longer and make them think you actually care a bit.

Engineering headquarters

ProsGreat people to work with, everyone is willing to assist with any issue you may have to help get you unblocked. Everyone is very friendly and many experts to assist and guide you.

ConsJobs are being outsourced overseas. Company wants to make room for younger employees and lets go senior employees who have been with the company for many years.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior employees know a lot of the history of how and why the product works as it does. Laying off senior employees to make room for younger employees may lead to instability of the product and have a negative affect on other senior employees wondering when it will be them who are let go.

This used to be a very good company to work for

Engineering (Former Employee)
    Chelmsford, MA

ProsFair salary, very good benefits. Good team work approach even across groups and levels until the Agile move was on. Company mission and goals were very transparent

ConsWork overload. Management has become very secretive and some so hostile to the point of making people leave. Those left behind since various layoffs hang in there in hope of the next good package is for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany needs a true refresh of mid management and up. Ideas and solutions are stale and it is obvious to the product users.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company and it starts at the top!

Pre-Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsThere are many reasons so many employees have worked here a long time, and why so many who have left return. The welcoming & truly collaborative culture is based on "sharing the wealth". So many organizations think an internal, competitive culture helps growth when it does the opposite. At Kronos, everyone pitches in because the team succeeds & benefits, not just the individuals. This fosters a great environment for new hires since the help you need to get started is genuine versus most other companies where it's just an appearance of help (because you're competing for bonus $).

ConsI regrettably left only because of finances. An almost 50% increase & title bump doesn't come around often, right?

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep compensation somewhat competitive, or come up with "golden handcuffs" of your own.

I love it here

Chelmsford, MA

Pros- Everyone that I've met here so far has been very nice.
    - There is a great balance of work and life.
    - Everyone here works hard and plays hard together.
    - In my team, we win together and we lose together.

ConsIt is hard to convince the more experienced people to change things about their methodology. Some meetings run much longer than they should and few people choose to talk because the most experience people tend to influence everyone very easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to ensure that meetings don't run as long, get to the point faster. Also, be more flexible about new ideas if you can.

Very Positive company with CEO who care deeply about Clients and Employees

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent Senior Leadership, Best products in the market, Significant investment in product and employees, Happy Customers

ConsThere is nothing negative about Kronos

Fine place to be

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsOpportunities by industry and product line, remote work allows for flexibility, solid infrastructure, sales, and HR teams

ConsFor the industry (WFM) Kronos is a very large company, it is not as intimate as a smaller company and you do feel like a cog in the wheel

Don't work here

Chelmsford, MA

ProsGood commute for people in the area, but that's all.

ConsI had a truly horrible experience here. Highly political, no culture, bad management, frequent layoffs(usually in Dec, right before the holidays). Run by an investing company. You will be a number, the CEO will put on a front like he actually cares about employees, but just waiting to cash out.
    They are moving all development overseas, so if you are a developer, don't work here.
    This place has gotten real bad...stay away

Advice to Senior ManagementSell already

Good company

Chelmsford, MA

Prosgood work life balance. The work is satisfying.

ConsI cannot really think of much. There are cons everywhere, but i think Kronos is much better than the average. I don't exactly jump out of bed with excitement every morning to go to work, but I think I'm much happier here than I'd be at many other companies.

Good at first, then .. Bad.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsMost people at Kronos are not actively nasty, they are mostly reasonable most of the time.

The company comes off as "friendly" and "comfortable". New employees tend to like this.

ConsI think that at VP level, Kronos' average talent is less than that of their competition. I am not saying every VP is bad, but I've worked in Kronos' industry since the early 90s at several companies. I think the VP Average Talent Level at Kronos is less than market average.

The results of this are lack of coordination across areas of the company, slowly degrading quality of product, and slow reaction to new market conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and go to a smarter, more proactive, younger company with higher potential for future success. Kronos operates in markets with increasing commoditization and decreasing margins, and reacts slowly and grumpily to any type of change.

Worked for Kronos Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!

Kronos Incorporated Videos

Kronos Incorporated – Why Work for Us?

About Kronos Global Workforce Management Solutions It started off with a simple idea: there had to be an easier way to record employee time transactions. And then one innovation led to another and that idea grew into… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kronos Incorporated reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kronos Incorporated CEO Aron J. Ain. All 188 reviews posted anonymously by Kronos Incorporated employees.