Kronos Incorporated

Kronos Incorporated Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Kronos Incorporated Chief Executive Officer Aron J. Ain

Aron J. Ain

Pros
  • Kronos offers and promotes great work life balance whether you're in the office or not (in 27 reviews)

• As a solution consultant, I'm able to work from home a lot (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • This used to be OK because of the excellent work/life balance in a bad economy, but now the (in 8 reviews)

• Some of the middle management within Engineering struggle with how to manage people (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Place to Work

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsCompany invests in its sales force with training (sales as well as some technical) and management is very engaged and most (even at the VP level and higher) are pretty approachable and willing to help.

ConsNothing unique to Kronos but there have been some growing pains in the past few years as the company has grown. Most issues seem to be getting ironed out.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Kronos is a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chelmsford, MA

ProsThe engineering organization at Kronos has gone through a significant positive transformation over the past few years. Innovation and new ideas are encouraged, senior management is very receptive and inspires everyone in the organization to do their best, the technology is close to cutting edge. Employee engagement is taken very seriously and managers are held responsible for their teams' engagement.

ConsKronos has a hard time recruiting great engineers because of the ongoing perception (false) that it is not exciting and cutting edge.

Good times

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExcellent health benefits. Lots of opportunities to move around within the company.

ConsStuck in old way of doing things. Not too open to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the great health benefits plan.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company.

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsKronos is a very conservative company with a conservative approach to business. However, our VC owners have assisted Kronos in expanding successfully into new international markets.

ConsThere are very few cons. From a sales perspective, it is always about your territory and your relationship with your direct report.

Advice to Senior ManagementPossibly be a little more aggressive in acquiring some key competitors.

Very flexible work environment.

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsIf you like to telecommute, there are opportunities here. Benefits and compensation are great.

ConsToo much outsourcing to foreign countries, IMO

Good for short term

ProsGood compensation
    Good HR
    Good for Individual Contributors who obey managers

ConsToo much politics at senior level as there are very few opportunities to grow
    Agressive deliveries happening on the cost of quality

Advice to Senior ManagementHave trust in your employees, they come to work.
    Managres should be trained in SCRUM as they expect teams to follow it.
    Only increased salaries can not make people to stay for long, job satisfaction is must.

Working here was a mixed bag

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe compensation, benefits and time-off policies were first class, perhaps the best I've seen in my career. Some of the teams at the Engineering headquarters were great people to work with.

ConsDaily engineering tasks were mind numbingly mundane and unchallenging. There was zero budget allocated for training and personal growth. Employee engagement was nonexistent and managers were not held responsible for their teams' engagement. The technology used was archaic unless you are comfortable being 10 to 20 years behind.

ISR

LDR (Current Employee) Chelmsford, MA

ProsIt is a nice company with over 3K employees around the world. The Salary is good but commission is capped at 25K.
    so it limits you ability to exceed your previous goals.

ConsCompany has new investors, the stress level on production just went through the roof.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat your seasoned reps like they are kids and work in a sweatshop.

What a great place to work!

Anonymous (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsFlexibility, forward thinking, casual work environment, approachable management team, fantastic benefits, supportive manager.

ConsStill working out how work flows into the Center so there are challenges that come along with this, however, it is good experience to navigate those challenges. Because the Center takes an innovative approach there are a lot of changes that take place that require it's employees to be flexible which works for most of us but not all.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Kronos - A Well Run and Financially Sound Company

ProsLeadership team (C-Level) is top notch with rare exception. CEO is exceptional leader able to be intense, decisive, and affable. Colleagues are all focused on working hard and in most departments there is a family -like atmosphere.

ConsSlow to affect change. Changes are made but the process can be challenging for those who lack patience. Will be frustrating to some leaders.

Worked for Kronos Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!