Kronos Incorporated Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
3.8

Kronos Incorporated Chief Executive Officer Aron J. Ain
Aron J. Ain

Pros
  • Kronos offers and promotes great work life balance whether you're in the office or not (in 27 reviews)

• As a solution consultant, I'm able to work from home a lot (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • This used to be OK because of the excellent work/life balance in a bad economy, but now the (in 8 reviews)

• Some of the middle management within Engineering struggle with how to manage people (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company that could be great!

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great C-level leadership with culture driven from the top. Good products and amazing resources to support sales effort. Great comp plan if given the opportunity to take advantage.

Cons

Senior sales management strategy du jour. Verticals, no vertical, Hunter vs. Farmer, territories change all the time. Takes 18 months on average for a sales rep to be productive. Like any company there are exceptions but is is rare for a new rep to outperform their first two years.

Pick a strategy and stick with it. Let Reps and field managers get some time in territory so they can maximize the comp plan.

Amazing Internship Program - Two years in a row!

Former Employee - Industry Marketing  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Industry Marketing in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Kronos Incorporated as an intern for more than a year

Pros

I had such an enjoyable and rewarding experience during my first internship stint at Kronos that I decided to come back again the next summer! The combination of helpful supervisors, high exposure to all business processes, adequate compensation, and a packed schedule of intern activities provided me with an internship experience that was unlike any other. Additionally, I was given real responsibilities to complete tasks and projects that mattered. Overall I would highly recommend this opportunity to others.

Cons

My personal experience at Kronos was certainly a positive one- there are no cons to list.

I have been working at Kronos as an intern for less than a year.

Current Employee - Customer Marketing  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Marketing in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, option to work remotely depending on job, great culture and work-life balance, competitive pay in the market.

I did not feel like an intern while working for Kronos. I always had meaningful projects and was included in all team meetings and discussions. I highly recommend the internship program to any college student looking for a corporate experience. Not only did I learn a ton this summer, but I had a great time with all of the other interns and employees.

Cons

I did not see any cons while interning for Kronos. All employees were willing to help and truly interested in learning about the interns.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Workforce Innovation Company that Redefines the Workplace

Former Employee - Graphic Design Intern  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Graphic Design Intern in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Kronos Incorporated as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The internship program at Kronos was unbelievable. It redefines the meaning of internship. The experience allows for so much opportunity and knowledge and it was also SO fun!!! My experience at Kronos was extraordinary in so many different areas. While listing them all would make for a better Pros description I would not even know where to start. The culture and environment at Kronos is unlike anything. Everyone is so supportive and upbeat!

Cons

Every workplace will come with Cons, but from my personal experience I did not see anything worth noting besides my advice to management!

I would say that the upper management directly under the CEO of Kronos needs to make a greater effort to be as communicative about how their views of Kronos line up with his! The CEO of Kronos is spectacular. He makes his message known and it is a great one. He is such a respectable leader!

Great Experience

Current Employee - College Relations Specialist  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - College Relations Specialist in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, great work/life balance, competitive salary/wage, great culture. They are also looking to hire more young adults, I began as an intern here and was given a full time position.

Cons

No real cons other than the difficulties that come with being a global organization such as communication barriers and understanding other cultures.

Top Employer

Current Employee - Corporate Communications  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Corporate Communications in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The average tenure of a Kronite is close to seven years, which is great because Kronos knows how to keep employees happy. Kronos does this is by encouraging employees to have lives outside of work with its schedule flexibility and work from home policy. Also, they hire great people.The people here (at corporate) are nice and most are always happy to help a fellow Kronite. Sometimes it feels like a campus of 1,100 is a campus of 10.

The work is fun, yet challenging, as the company just recapitalized and is making huge investments in R&D and employee development. It's an exciting time to be a Kronite!

Cons

Because no one leaves, there isn't much room for upward mobility, which can be frustrating for some. They try to fix this by giving many opportunities to expand and develop the role you're in.

Also, being so big and having a somewhat rigid structure, there is a lot of red tape involved with decision making for many aspects of the business. In such a fast paced industry, it can slow down growth and negatively impact brand reputation.

Take more risks and say yes to new ideas that may not be "how it's always been done." Also, maintain aspects of the Kronos culture that make it a great place to work, but consider adding a few employee perks that impact the changing and younger workforce.

Stay away

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Engineering  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Engineering in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very financially strong company located in Chelmsford (not Boston, not Cambridge, not even Burlington).
    Decent Agile process
    Longevity of individual contributor employees (average tenure is about 7 years)

Cons

They go through tons of first level managers - they blame them for all failures.
    Layoffs invariably occur once per year where they rid the company of "low performers" - often after a project finishes

Grow your managers into stronger leaders - stop blaming them.

Great potential in front-office, product arena; challenging in back-office departments

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated

Pros

Inspirational C-level leadership moving all the right levers in all the right directions. Lots of excited areas to become involved in, especially in the Cloud space, led by new senior level staff.

Cons

Very inadequate back-office investments to keep up with the innovations and changes.

Good Times, Bad Times

Current Employee - Applications Consultant  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is a leader in the field and used by many high profile clients. Co-workers are great people that collaborate together to deliver great implementations.

Cons

Management in the Indy office is terrible. Management makes brash decisions and changes on a whim and has limited product knowledge. Sales sells features that the software is incapable of performing and projects often sink because of failed customer expectations. Consultants with limited product knowledge are often thrown into projects without proper product training and in turn the customer receives a poor product. Consultants are overloaded with multiple projects and unreasonable expectations. Limited benefits compared to other technology companies.

Get to know the product and the challenges of implementations. If you are going to treat consultants as just numbers, don't be surprised when they seek other employment, with better benefits and higher wages. Provide consultants with more job growth. There is no incentive or career opportunities to work towards in professional services. Formulate a better bonus plan that is attainable and gives consultants incentive to perform and deliver a better product implementation.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very supportive and fun work culture. My co-workers and boss are terrific. First company I have worked at in a long time where there are so few complainers and virtually everyone is upbeat. Great work-life balance with flexible hours, work from home option, casual dress, and decent paid time off. Salary and benefits are good and bonus payouts are excellent thanks to strong company performance.

Cons

A lot of money has been invested in the office environment for engineering but other department offices are not so great. There are also too many systems that require separate logins, don't talk to each other, and are not easily modified to meet current needs.

The CEO is great at communicating the company direction to the employees and generating enthusiasm throughout the organization. I think the leaders below the CEO need to do more positive communication and make more effort to be better in sync with each other - seems like sometimes parts of the organization are going in opposite directions.

Worked for Kronos Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!