Kronos Incorporated Reviews

Updated April 22, 2015
323 reviews filtered by

1. #1 Place to work in Boston...not by chance!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance is the BEST! I am allowed the flexibility I need to take care of both work and home and be productive in both. I have had the opportunity of attending some great development courses offered by Kronos University and truly feel as though the company is investing in me. These opportunities have contributed to my success at Kronos thus allowing me to give back to Kronos what they have invested in me.

Cons

Change - there are some hiring managers who have been with Kronos for 20+ years (which is a great thing), although, educating them about the market and getting their "buy in"/flexibility regarding the type of talent we should be bringing into the company can be a struggle.

2. Best job I have ever had, wish I came here sooner!

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Remote work station, travel, work life balance, fun colleagues who care, recognition, learning opportunities are endless, fast paced organization, very little micro-management, complimentary health/wellness coach, excellent benefits and compensation packages.

Cons

Idea sharing can sometimes lead to group think
    Reward trips are impossible to earn
    Cliquey at times

Advice to Management

Don't forget about your individual contributors
    Don't be scared to promote even your steady team members along with your best ones. There's another shining star just waiting to be noticed.
    Keep up the great work.

3. Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kronos is in a unique position as an industry leader in Workforce Managment with a huge opportunity ahead of it in further growing its Cloud-based offerings. This huge growth and "start-up" opportunity is in the context of a large, stable company. Kronos has a great overall company culture, and its senior executives seem very committed to creating and maintaining a great place to work.

Cons

The shift to Cloud offerings is not fully-embraced in the organization, and there are many pain points because of this. Sometimes it feels like working for a separate organization being part of the Cloud team, when we really are one Kronos to our customers.

Advice to Management

Be very aggresssive about having the organization embrace Cloud by creating incentives and driving accountability.

Happy to be here

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a company that is busting at the seems - great culture, great product, great strategy/vision - as a new hire, I can clearly see how I can contribute to this and that is exciting!

Cons

Onboarding lacked a little rigor

Advice to Management

Kronos is growing and expanding very quickly so transparency around this change management and our pure ability to scale up as quickly as we need to will be our biggest challenges - so over communicate, educate and guide!

6. lots of potential growth within the industry

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time

Pros

great benefits, great work life balance. friendly environment

Cons

limited growth potential in career path, career development is something they are working to improve upon but managers may overlook the aspect with fear of losing a valuable employee in their department, limited promotions from within the company

7. Why work anywhere else?

Current Employee - Applications Consultant IV in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Applications Consultant IV in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time

Pros

I'll be the first to admit that I do not have the experience of working for other companies at a corporate level to offer a full comparison. Regardless, Kronos has clearly been doing something right because I've been here since 1998 and still do not have a desire to leave. The people here have a passion for what they do and they want to do it well. Just about everything I've learned in my career has come from either my experience working here or the training they have sent me to. They always support you when you want to learn more and grow. The company offers enough benefits to cover my family's needs. We lack for nothing.

Cons

As the company has grown, the challenge of inter-department communication has become more complex. I do believe that the leaders here at Kronos always strive to do the right thing. I don't think they always get it right the first time; however, they do seem to recognize when things really aren't working and try to adjust to fix or accommodate.

Advice to Management

Take good care of all the people in the field. As a former field employee, I can tell you that it was more taxing than many other positions here at Kronos. They are on the front lines with the customer and without them, all our hard work at the corporate level would be for naught.

8. Amazing, friendly, and competent people in lumbering atmosphere.

Current Contractor - Cloud Engineer in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Contractor - Cloud Engineer in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Kronos is by far the best place I've worked in my career, and the main reason for that is the people. My direct manager is amazing, and the people I work with really know what they're doing. Everyone is personable, even CXO level employees; and for the most part, everyone's pretty forward thinking in general. People are rewarded and applauded for accomplishments and personal initiative, and I've almost never seen anyone here thrown under the bus.

Cons

The company's slow to move on projects. Nearly everything that's rushed is a break-fix. It feels like everything's a priority 1 issue, no matter what. It feels like the company grew way too quickly to get its feet under it, and everyone's work day is a game of QWOP.

Advice to Management

Take some time to focus on the foundations that make up a good organization, and slow down on expansion.

Great Opportunity

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated

Pros

Great Company - lots of passionate people
    Great opportunities to do lots of different jobs once you prove yourself
    Good pay
    Great customers

Cons

Politics -but they exist everywhere
    Would like to see more visible programs to promote women. Very talented ones there already

Live Inspired at Kronos

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated

Pros

One of the benefits Kronos offers, which has made a tremendous impact on my health is their Live Inspired program. The best part of this program by far is the on-site Health Coach. I don't believe I would have accomplished as much as I have without the support, knowledge, and care our Health Coach provides to me. The journey to good health is not always easy, so having a coach on your side is a huge benefit. All and all I love working for Kronos!

Cons

I think sometimes different departments get caught up in their goals and forget they need to communicate with other departments to achieve Kronos' goals.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Kronos is a top employer for good reason!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kronos cares about their employees. This starts at the top and is embedded in all parts of the organization. They care about the development of their employees and believe that employees is what makes our products great as well as making our company a great place to work. I feel as though I am a valued member of my team and a critical part of our teams success. I also love the people that I work with. I really love working at Kronos!

Cons

The company cares so much about it's employees that sometimes it's difficult to make changes in the organization. There's a lot of hand holding and change can be slow as a result.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive reinforcement. You have a group of people who believe in the company and where it's headed and who are thrilled to be working at Kronos!

Kronos Incorporated Photos