Kronos Incorporated Reviews

Updated September 30, 2014
3.7

Kronos Incorporated Chief Executive Officer Aron J. Ain
Aron J. Ain

Pros
  • Work/life balance - freedom to get work done in whatever way you work best (in 32 reviews)

• As a solution consultant, I'm able to work from home a lot (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This used to be OK because of the excellent work/life balance in a bad economy, but now the (in 8 reviews)

• Some of the middle management within Engineering struggle with how to manage people (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Software Engineering Intern

I worked at Kronos Incorporated

Pros

Supportive to interns, exposure to wide variety of products and their works.

Cons

Not much to learn in a short period of time

Overall, Kronos is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is willing to listen to new ideas and encourages personal and professional skill advancement.

Cons

As with many companies these days, company organizational hierarchies change often and not always for the better.

Bait and Switch !!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time

Pros

Employee population is very friendly, good health and wellness benefits, free coffee and snacks (apples, bananas, granola etc.)

Cons

Bureaucracy and Project mismanagement the likes of which I have never seen in my 18 year career!

Innovation (one of Kronos core corporate Inflection points) is extinguished at onset due to a focus on only meeting the immediate task at hand, of which, there is a never ending list. Even if you have the greatest idea and solution to making these tasks turn into automated events, no one wants to listen, just keep digging the ditch by hand, even if you own a backhoe which could do the job 100x's faster!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loyalty Ha!

Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer Senior  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer Senior in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are some pretty friendly co-workers who I got to know well.

Decent renovation of the new building.

Cons

Performance reviews mean nothing. It is given on a whim and how your manager feels about you those months leading to it.

People are "encouraged" to give good ratings on the company surveys. That tells you how trustworthy the results actually are.

Regardless of your performance, when it's time for you to go, in comes the moving boxes and out you go.

Short sighted middle management. Can not see long term consequences only short term gains.

Great place for enterprise software and SaaS sales people.

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Kronos is riding the disruptive technology trend. Ability to sell SaaS, mobile solutions and analytics.
    2. Positive reputation in the market. Kronos' time & attendance heritage turns most cold calls into a warm call.
    3. Kronos solutions have recognizable business value. This is a tangible sale that CFO, CIO, SVP HR and Operations all understand.
    4. Compensation is competitive with Oracle, SAP and ADP. Decent base, good comp structure. Good reps earn $200 - 250k, and top reps can clear way more.

Cons

1. Kronos needs to invest in their partner eco-system and support. Most implementations are done in-house, which doesn't scale and hurts quality. Customer support is more 'break fix' than customer service - which is what SaaS clients expect.
    2. Kronos' time & attendance reputation is also a barrier to strategic deals. Customer execs see t&a as tactical and call Successfactors or Peoplesoft for cutting edge HR solutions.
    3. Nice management, but they are spread out. Not a lot of ramp up help for new hires. You need experience in the HCM space to succeed here.

Continue to drive the cloud adoption in the sales force, embrace the partner implementation.

Christmas present = Get laid off!!!!

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some free snacks are provided

Cons

I was part of a new hire rotation program that placed us in different groups every 6 months. At the end of 18 months, we were suppose to be able to choose which group we would end up at. Guess what several of us got at the end of the rotation. You guessed it Pink slips!!!!!! From what I heard, the remaining people on the program will be forcefully placed on to teams they never even heard of.

One observation that I noticed a couple of months in is the talent at the middle management level. It is severely lacking compared to other companies in this industry. It seems from previous reviews that I'm not the only one who made this observation.

I would never ever recommend this place to anyone.

Do not blatantly lie to your employees and then act as if nothing ever happened.

Get out of here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not much to say here.

Cons

The incompetence of management is astounding. No wonder why so many people left. Management do not listen to advice especially those directly under them. When things go wrong, no responsibility is taken and blame those who advise against such action in the first place. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Listen to your employees and don't be so hot headed!! Replace middle management.

I probably made a mistake

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Provides a clean workplace. There is also free snacks, tea and coffee

Cons

The work was mediocre at best. I was part of this program that kept moving me from group to group so I can get "experience". The pay is extremely poor compared to a similar role in this industry. Several people I've talked to in the company share the same view. Some have already left and others are visiting monster.com more often.

Pay your employees especially the ones you've just hired. This will make them stay longer and make them think you actually care a bit.

Engineering headquarters

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated

Pros

Great people to work with, everyone is willing to assist with any issue you may have to help get you unblocked. Everyone is very friendly and many experts to assist and guide you.

Cons

Jobs are being outsourced overseas. Company wants to make room for younger employees and lets go senior employees who have been with the company for many years.

Senior employees know a lot of the history of how and why the product works as it does. Laying off senior employees to make room for younger employees may lead to instability of the product and have a negative affect on other senior employees wondering when it will be them who are let go.

This used to be a very good company to work for

Former Employee - Engineering  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Engineering in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fair salary, very good benefits. Good team work approach even across groups and levels until the Agile move was on. Company mission and goals were very transparent

Cons

Work overload. Management has become very secretive and some so hostile to the point of making people leave. Those left behind since various layoffs hang in there in hope of the next good package is for them.

Company needs a true refresh of mid management and up. Ideas and solutions are stale and it is obvious to the product users.

Kronos Incorporated Photos

Worked for Kronos Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!