Kryptiq

Updated December 12, 2014
4.4

Luis Machuca

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Kryptiq is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Customer Support L1 in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Support L1 in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Kryptiq as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

One of the best cultures I have witnessed. Everyone has a good attitude and willing to help no matter what the problem is. The management has an open door policy. This is a company that will go above and beyond to help you achieve your goals. Supervisors at Kryptiq recognize the extra effort and hardworking employees are appreciated.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative to report. It is difficult to remember the cons when you work among amazing people.

I think it would be a good investment to have electric car charging stations in the parking lot. Even if it requires a membership of some sort, it will make it even more convenient to work for this company.

Immensely Challenging

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Kryptiq full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you want to be challenged, then boy - this is the place for you.

Kryptiq offers a very unique environment where normal employees are often expected (or asked) to perform super-human feats of engineering or time-crunched turn-around. The company offers a huge amount of flexibility to approach a problem from whatever angle is most comfortable for the employee solving it. It's an agile environment which allows self-motivated people really reach for the stars. Hard work is acknowledged, and working in a team with other 'A

Cons

Compensation has been historically average at best, but they do make an effort to be fair to their employees. Surescripts acquisition made things better in this department.

Some of your hardest working employees go unnoticed, do a better job identifying those who are truly exceeding expectations and reward them. I could rattle off 5 names off the top of my head who perform duties above and beyond what their job description states - and who are a tremendous asset to the company.

Excellent experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Kryptiq full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great vision on products. They were ahead of the curve on the needs of the healthcare industry.The products they launched were some of the most innovative in the industry.

Cons

Sometimes the vision is clouded by other shiny things. It is a very flat company, so there may not be much opportunity for management, but it is a meritocracy,

More regular reviews that result in pay increases or improved responsibilities.

Like Riding the Saturn V Rocket - Awesome

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Kryptiq full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is consistent at updating the entire company on progress.
    Excellent bonus and benefits.
    Compensation is becoming more competitive, they've always done right by me.
    Coworkers are some of nicest and most talented people I've had the pleasure of working with.
    Career path has grown/changed substantially - tons of upward momentum.
    Excellent values - Luis and Kurt bring lots of integrity to the company.

Cons

While the company is growing at an astonishing pace, the small headcount requires you to wear several hats. (Basically, the antithesis of Intel)
    Because of the previous point, Kryptiq lacks a formal HR dept or performance assessments.
    Robin seems overworked, she deserves extra vacation
    Departments are run differently (which is fine) but often have different standards. I've seen employees treated unfairly (in my opinion) in other departments, when they earnestly wanted to impress and do their best.

You're doing a great job steering the company forward - and looking for growth opportunities. But for as much time you guys look outside the company, I'd suggest you spend more time looking internally.

We're compensated handsomely (more often than not) - but I've seen people grow weary of not knowing how they can advance or grow in their position. Personally - I haven't had that experience, but I'd by lying if I said that I haven't heard people's issues regarding a lack of confidence with their future's at the company. This doesn't even mean giving them more money, or patting them on the back - some people just want to have goals they can work to achieve.

I wasn't there long, but thought it was sub-par and pay is below market value.

I worked at Kryptiq

Pros

Not a lot of red tape.

Cons

Little opportunity for career advancement unless you are friendly with or related to senior management folks.

Value employees and customers more. Don't treat some employees better than others. Be more transparent.

Solid post-startup tech company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Kryptiq

Pros

Kryptiq has great medical benefits. The work environment is very flexible, relaxed work environment. There isn't a lot of bureaucracy. The focus is on assembling small teams to accomplish short term goals.

Cons

Having the business priorities change rapidly can be stressful. Sometime long-term goals are sidelined for short term gains. Due to the relatively small size of the company, there isn't an over-abundance of career paths to take within the company.

Kryptiq's senior management is comprised of a very strong group of industry veterans. The CFO recently name Oregon's CFO of the year. Several came from the top ranks of Intel. My advice would be to keep up the good work, and to stay focused on executing the company's goal of transporting the nation's medical data.