Kryptiq Reviews in Portland, OR

Excellent experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Kryptiq full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great vision on products. They were ahead of the curve on the needs of the healthcare industry.The products they launched were some of the most innovative in the industry.

Cons

Sometimes the vision is clouded by other shiny things. It is a very flat company, so there may not be much opportunity for management, but it is a meritocracy,

More regular reviews that result in pay increases or improved responsibilities.

Like Riding the Saturn V Rocket - Awesome

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Kryptiq full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is consistent at updating the entire company on progress.
    Excellent bonus and benefits.
    Compensation is becoming more competitive, they've always done right by me.
    Coworkers are some of nicest and most talented people I've had the pleasure of working with.
    Career path has grown/changed substantially - tons of upward momentum.
    Excellent values - Luis and Kurt bring lots of integrity to the company.

Cons

While the company is growing at an astonishing pace, the small headcount requires you to wear several hats. (Basically, the antithesis of Intel)
    Because of the previous point, Kryptiq lacks a formal HR dept or performance assessments.
    Robin seems overworked, she deserves extra vacation
    Departments are run differently (which is fine) but often have different standards. I've seen employees treated unfairly (in my opinion) in other departments, when they earnestly wanted to impress and do their best.

You're doing a great job steering the company forward - and looking for growth opportunities. But for as much time you guys look outside the company, I'd suggest you spend more time looking internally.

We're compensated handsomely (more often than not) - but I've seen people grow weary of not knowing how they can advance or grow in their position. Personally - I haven't had that experience, but I'd by lying if I said that I haven't heard people's issues regarding a lack of confidence with their future's at the company. This doesn't even mean giving them more money, or patting them on the back - some people just want to have goals they can work to achieve.

I wasn't there long, but thought it was sub-par and pay is below market value.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Kryptiq

Pros

Not a lot of red tape.

Cons

Little opportunity for career advancement unless you are friendly with or related to senior management folks.

Value employees and customers more. Don't treat some employees better than others. Be more transparent.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid post-startup tech company

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Kryptiq

Pros

Kryptiq has great medical benefits. The work environment is very flexible, relaxed work environment. There isn't a lot of bureaucracy. The focus is on assembling small teams to accomplish short term goals.

Cons

Having the business priorities change rapidly can be stressful. Sometime long-term goals are sidelined for short term gains. Due to the relatively small size of the company, there isn't an over-abundance of career paths to take within the company.

Kryptiq's senior management is comprised of a very strong group of industry veterans. The CFO recently name Oregon's CFO of the year. Several came from the top ranks of Intel. My advice would be to keep up the good work, and to stay focused on executing the company's goal of transporting the nation's medical data.

Worked for Kryptiq? Contribute to the Community!