Krypton Solutions Reviews

Great Company

Current Employee - Network Specialist  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Network Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at Krypton Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible when it comes to taking care of personal business, within reason of course. Leadership is really good as as I am concerned, I have been with this company over 2.5 years and have moved up. The owners in the company are doing a great job, trying their best to keep this company going strong. They and the management always have new plans to make sure we produce quality products, and make sure people are as happy as they can be. The company has grown a lot in the last several years, it's going though some "growing pains" meaning it still has to try and maintain that small company feel though its pushing 130 people now; I think they are doing a great job. Benefits could be better and cost less, but this would come at the expense of pay and other things. There is a pool table in the break room, and I have seen people abuse their breaks this is why they have gotten stricter in the last year or so. I'm not sure why people are lying in other reviews. No one got a raise last year because the company didn't do well, but every one got a raise in 2012, and bonuses at the end of the year. And everyone who works here and isn't a US citizen has or is working toward getting their legal citizenship, many have since I have been here. I also have not seen anyone fired for no good reason. They actively try not to let people go, they most certainly will if they are doing a bad job. Over all this is be best place I have ever worked for. They also offer a 401k.

I have not seen people act as human cameras, most keep a watchful eye because they need to maintain a certain clean environment, and must maintain other criteria to maintain our certifications so that the company can stay in business. Krypton gets audited several times a year.

Cons

I can't think of many cons to working at this company, at least for me. I would like more than one week vacation after a couple years. One week in your first year is good but after that a little more would be nice. Benefits could be a bit cheaper but at the expense of what. It would be hard for many people to be promoted mostly because people don't leave often for other jobs and the management positions are all full. This is the case with smaller companies.

One thing would be to get employees engaged more with each other, team building, and maybe some things after hours for people to attend. There sometimes is this "us and them" attitude with management and the rest of the company, it would be nice to see this line blur a little, with in reason. Other than that keep on doing it, I am excited for where this company could be in a few more years or more.

Not a great company when it comes to benefits. There are other PC Board companies in metro that pays better benefits

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Krypton Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great if you love this company more than your family. You will be working 10 hours a day if you are on salary since you will get fixed income every month and will not be eligible for an overtime pay.

Cons

- This company is best known for letting employees go at any time with or without cause or notice. The HR would not give anything in writing when they layoff employees. (refer to Krypton Solutions Employee Handbook, page 6).
    - The company observe ONLY 6 holidays in a year as per mentioned on page 18 of Krypton Solutions Employee Handbook.
    - Only one week vacation for first three years of full-time employment
    - No work/life balance for salaried employees
    - Salaried employees are required to work 10 to 12 hours/day ( 50 - 60 hours/week).
    - All employees including salaried employees get only 30 minutes lunch break. Two 10 minute breaks.

Request for better pay and benefits. Consider giving pay raise to employees every year and not once in a three year.

GREAT company and work environment!!

Current Employee - Engineering  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Engineering in Plano, TX

I have been working at Krypton Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people to work with! Most people would bend over backwards to help you out. The projects are exciting and different!

Cons

Benefits are a little on the weak side compared to large companies, but, for a small company, they do have descent benefits.

Keep doing what you are doing - there is a bright future for this company!! I am glad that I am part of this growing company!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

“Terrible place to work. Poor work culture/ethics.””

Former Employee - Process Engineer  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Plano, TX

I worked at Krypton Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are workaholics then it is good for you. Minimum 10 hours per day work attendance required.

Cons

1. No work/life balance
    2. Very expensive health insurance (salaried employees cannot afford to insure family)
    3. No promotion/career path and No pay raise given to employees for last three years
    4. Only one week vacation for first three years of employment
    5. Human Resource department is pathetic with no employee friendly policy
    6. Human cameras constantly watching new hires and feeding information to the owner and engineering manager
    7. If the work attendance fall below 50 hours per week then this employer will use "EMPLOYMENT AT WILL" policy mentioned on Page-6 of employee handbook to let you go without any explanation of termination. This employer will not give anything in writing as to why the employment with the company was terminated.

Pay better wages to all your employees and not just few of your favorites since majority of health insurance premium is paid by ALL employees. Pay two weeks vacation per year from 2 - 5 years of employment and then 3 weeks vacation per year from 5-10 years of employment. Boosting the employee moral will eventually boost the financial performance of the company.

Privately owned company with poor employee benefits and no work/life balance

Former Employee - Process Engineer  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Plano, TX

I worked at Krypton Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

No promotions for new employees since it is a very small company. Continue what you have been asked to do without any future promotion.

Cons

The small companies often do not offer good benefits to their employees and this is one of them. I would recommend this company if you are seeking position on an hourly pay and not fixed salary. Salaried employees are required to work more than 50 hours per week so negotiate your salary based on 60 hours/week instead of 40 hours/week.

- The company offers one week vacation for first three years of full time employment

- There is no work/life balance for salaried employees. On the other hand, hourly employees have freedom to take off from work without pay.

- Very expensive HMO health insurance through United Healthcare and an expensive dental PPO insurance. The cheap HMO dental insurance is offered through Guardian with very few GOOD doctors in the network. The chances you will continue see your current dentist are very slim.

I see very good future for this company if certain things can be changed

1. Provide excellent health coverage (very low deductibles, low out-of-pocket expense, very low monthly premium) to all of your employees as they are future of the company. Workers remain healthy must be the top priority of any company. Sick employees mean sick (unprofitable) company and healthy employees mean healthy (profitable) company.

2. Judge every employee without any bias and do not listen to only few of your favorites as they can be feeding you wrong information

3. Two week vacation from 2-5 years of service would be appropriate for work/life balance

4. Set minimum salary for any engineering position in the company to be around 70K per year. Engineers are back bone of the company. Excellent engineering work means less rework and happy customers.

MOST AWESOME PLACE TO WORK! Owned & operated by 4 amazing brothers that respect and care about each and every employee!

Current Employee - Quality Department  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Department in Plano, TX

I have been working at Krypton Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Krypton Solutions is a great company to advance your skills, knowledge and expertise. The daily challenges makes it an interesting place to work. I enjoy coming to work everyday and consider all of my co-workers to be my extended family.
    Full compensation package that is comparable or better than most other employers.
    An all-hands monthly meeting keeps us updated on how well we are doing as a company and lunch is provided by the owners for the entire facility.
    I've worked at other CM's and I can assure you that Krypton Solutions is the best one to work for.

Cons

I can't really think of anything.

Worked for Krypton Solutions? Contribute to the Community!