Kubra

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rick Watkin

Not a lot of opportunity for career growth.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kubra full-time

ProsI joined Kubra when they acquired the company I worked for.

ConsNot a lot of opportunity for career growth.

Good people, lousy management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kubra full-time

ProsNice people to work with.

ConsLow pay. Documentation lacking. Upper management is all family.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove documentation. Increase pay to industry standards. Listen to employees.

Casual environment, friendly people. Workload is much greater than compensation.

Senior Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kubra full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- Casual environment (attire wise and in general)
- Possibility of a flexible schedule
- Most people are friendly and helpful
- Exposure to different Microsoft technologies (vb3, vb6, vb .net, C#, ASP .net etc.)

Cons- Workloads are often extremely high. I see many people working late into the evening.
- There is an "unwritten/unspoken" expectation of working after hours/on weekends to finish up work without overtime.
- Placing such effort will not necessarily be acknowledged/compensated by upper management.
- Telecommuting is generally looked down upon. Permitted under certain circumstances and when they require you to work after hours.

Advice to Senior Management- Set realistic expectations.
- Change is good, but changing things may be overwhelming

Too much work for not enough pay, bad technologies and environment.

I have been working at Kubra full-time for less than a year

ProsMany of the people working here are friendly and easy to get along with and the position is quite open ended to what kind of backgrounds can be hired.

ConsThe position does not pay a competitive rate, you will be working with terrible old technologies (VB6 and ASP), the processes and corporate environment are frustrating and impede work, and you will feel like you are never doing a good enough job and that there is no faith in you.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to be a big company and focus on how you can be a small dynamic company with a lot of employees instead. Trust your employees instead of trying to check them against every metric.

Overworked Underpaid

Worked Directly With Executives (Former Employee)
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Kubra full-time for more than a year

ProsKUBRA motivates their employees through company functions such as barbecues and other events planned by their social committee. It is a great way of bringing people together in a social setting.

ConsI've seen talent come and go. Employees are pushed to their limits with long work hours, salaries not competitive with today's market and unreasonable goals they set based on their lack of inadequate resources. Their motto should be more work no pay. Their high turnover in talent also makes it a problem for training purposes.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management lacks a positive role model for their employees to emulate. Promoting those who have worked the most years in the company to management/supervisor positions does necessarily guarantee success. Look at the root reasons of why you have such high turnovers within departments and you will find the key reasons to why you cannot sustain employees for very long.

good company - lots of improvements

I have been working at Kubra full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOver the last few years since I joined kubra, there have been a few good improvements:
- Moving to newer technologies, new perks like increasing personal days, charity service, education programs, free fruit
- Better training for positions and orientation, more documentation
Also the people are great, and it is a fun environment. I like the social events and sports activities after work.

ConsStill some applications using older technologies, since it takes time to migrate over. Still need to work on documentation.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be good to inform the employees about lots of the changes that are happening with new technologies and strategies.

Good for fresh graduates

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Kubra full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood to learn the corporate culture for fresh graduates
some departments are great to work with

Consnot much in terms of long term career growth
low salaries
some departments are not so great to work with

Clearing the Air

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Kubra full-time for more than a year

ProsAfter reading the reviews below, I wanted to clear the air. I do not know what the others experienced but from my personal experience it has not been as bad as they have mentioned.
I recall enjoying the orientation process. I have never been to a company where the company takes an interest in you learning what each department does and ensuring you know the job. My past experiences at other jobs, on my first day, they showed me to my desk, gave me a bunch of manuals and that was it. At KUBRA it was different and I liked it. My mentor was very good, busy but was always there to answer questions and provide info. Being here at KUBRA, you can tell its a growing company and there is room to grow.
Another plus, is that there are a lot of social and wellness events, flexibility and as a young person that is a big plus.

ConsOne of the cons for a while was the parking but recently management has made an adjustment to this problem. All companies have their pros and cons, but overall I am satisfied with what I have seen so far.

Major Disappointment

I have been working at Kubra full-time for less than a year

ProsMostly Nice people to work with, trying to look for any other pros but I can`t find any.. Maybe another advantage that It accepts fresh grads

ConsI`m a fresh Grad, When I first started everything seemed nice. There is Noo training what so ever, you`ll be basically be shadowing someone who has no time to teach you anything for a week or two, then you`ll be given similar tasks as everyone else, with no support from your manager! at least mine lol till it gets very frustrating and you start hating it. &the pay is low 2!

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the new hires process

Good people, Poor pay

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Kubra full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt's a great place to slack off in. It has a very relaxed environment. Ripped jeans, sandals and a hoodie is the new "Business Casual". No matter how many times a person fails in a project, there are no repercussions.
But seriously, Kubra has a lot of great people, its like a family. I built a lot of good friendships along the way.

ConsPay is below industry standards. And consistent to what I said in the Pros section, like family, Kubra treats its people like children. Not enough trust to its people to make their own decisions, and there is favoritism with the upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize who of your people are willing to move the company forward and reward them accordingly.
You lost a lot of senior people who had loyalty to the company and would have stayed if they were paid within the industry standard.

Worked for Kubra? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kubra reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kubra CEO Rick Watkin. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Kubra employees.