Kum & Go

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kyle Krause

Kim & Go

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Bono, AR

ProsGreat atmosphere and friendly people

ConsNeed more associates per shift

Kum & Go is good place to work

West Des Moines, IA

ProsMany fun activities and events - opportunities to move up within the company

ConsNot everyone is happy with the corporate environment and therefore morale is sometimes low.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees - not everyone is replaceable.

Excellent company

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Springdale, AR

ProsGood pay, decent benefits, and upbeat atmosphere. You got to interact with persons from all backgrounds and lifestyles.

ConsLong hours on your feet, service job with service job connotations, cleaning up biological waste, and the potential threat of robbery.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They strive to have the best customer satisfaction in the convenient and sure show it

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Greeley, CO

Proscontinuously improving to be the best. Just need to find the right people to be the best convenient store by 2021.

ConsBuilding structure in Legacy stores are not built well. Lack of training for all employees to be on the same page. Needs to have a better system.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure all employee's are accountable for their actions, Set goals for both managers and train all employee's in meetings so everyone is on the same page.

Associate

Store Associate (Former Employee)
    Okmulgee, OK

ProsWorked well with my College and Reserve Hours

ConsNot Paid enough for the amount of work you could end up doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

General Manager

General Manager (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsGreat Friendly environment, lots of customer interaction, every day a different day.

ConsToo much to do and not enough time because of staffing issues. Constantly not enough people to get jobs done in a timely and efficient manner. Lack of regular associates that share the same level of dedication to be a team player as upper management. Smoothness in running a store never lasts.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery store needs to have staffing based on duties and tasks that need to be completed not just based off of customer count and sales.

Meh

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Kirksville, MO

ProsIt's an easy job as long as you can shake off the idiot customers. If you work at a slow store you can get away taking a lot of breaks and still finish all your assigned tasks.

ConsThere are no assigned breaks so if you're working alone you can get stuck without a break for a whole shift. Kyle Krause sold our store even though it was consistently a money-maker. Great business sense there.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more holiday pay.

Loved the customers

General Manager (Former Employee)
    Iowa Falls, IA

ProsFair wage, Supervisors are professional and there to help you be successful. Plenty of opportunity

ConsA lot of work not enough time to do it in.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise your matrix for budget hours. Not enough time to serve your customers properly

Working part time for kum and go isn't to bad but, could be better.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsCompetitive pay and benefits available. (401k, heatlh insurance, tution reimbusment if seeking a business degree, retention bonus after so many years) Company has good values and culture. Fast paced work enviroment for the most part. Good for interacting with people and developing cash handling and many other skills.

ConsNo breaks. Have to stand for hours on end. Only three holiday pay days a year. Hard to get over time if wanted. Might have to deal with people that my be unpleasant but, that comes with alot of jobs. May have to work alone if you work at a slow store since budget hours are lower.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave two people on duty during the times of 8am until 10pm at all locations. This helps both the employees and customers when things get busy. Also more duties can be completed and the store will be properly stocked and clean.

Working for a retail based company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a good company to start off with and they do look after you . The movement within the company is also possible may it be on the retail side or the corporate side.

ConsIf you work in a small city they going higher up will be pretty diffcult as sometimes it looks like the person above you will never leave his job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to ask around and they try to keep your eyes open for opportunities as they are slim so when they come just go for them quick.

Worked for Kum & Go? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kum & Go reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kum & Go CEO Kyle Krause. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by Kum & Go employees.