Kum & Go Reviews

Updated March 23, 2015
53 reviews filtered by
3.1
Kyle Krause

Pros
  • 401k, heatlh insurance, tution reimbusment if seeking a business degree, retention bonus after so many years) Company has good values and culture (in 4 reviews)

• The work is easy, lots of stocking, counting, and customer service always comes first (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • While a general manager trainee I worked alongside several GM's that were at the store from 4:30am to 3 and sometimes 4pm daily (in 4 reviews)

• The corporate "caring" does not extend to store staff, only to the corporate office (in 3 reviews)

1. I've worked for K&G for little over a year now

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Jonesboro, AR
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Jonesboro, AR

I have been working at Kum & Go

Pros

Great hours, great pay, an ok staff, very active environment

Cons

Standing on feet for long hours. Though its nice to dress business formal everyday but wouldn't hurt to allow jeans or let us dress up in normal clothes for holidays because we at store level work very hard at jobs, getting promoted is hard because I've asked to learn everything from my general manager and still have yet to be promoted. Give sales associates and managers the same benefits.

When you see an employee going the extra step by learning everything reward them some how. Like a pay raise, or hint hint a promotion so they can further their career

2. Unfair treatment

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Kum & Go full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you have the right people working in the store and enough help its a good place to work.

Cons

They could have better benefits for all their employees. they do not have enough help in all their stores at the peak hours when they are the busy. It would be nice if you were told when you have done a good job instead of being negative about what hasn't been done. Give other employees a chance at drifferent positions to see how they do and let them work drifferent shifts so they can see how their co-workers have to work..

GIVE YOUR EMPLOYEES BETTER WAGES! GIVE THEM PHRAISE WHEN THEY HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB. ITS DISSAPOINTING TO FIND OUT THAT YOU FAVOR OTHER STORES OVER OTHER ONES ESPECIALLY WHEN OTHER STORES DON'T HAVE AS MANY EMPLOYESS AND THEY ARE WORKING JUST AS HARD.

3. Not the best place.

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Springdale, AR
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Springdale, AR

I worked at Kum & Go full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I don't really have any pros about this job. I worked anywhere from 40-60 hours per week and did a lot of double shifts because management would never step in when people called in.

Cons

I was 18 when I started working here and I ended up staying for almost 2 years. Advancement takes awhile to happen if it happens at all. They don't pay fairly and the hours aren't the best. They don't enforce breaks so you mostly do without. I worked nights a lot which was 4-12 and from 10-12 I was there by myself almost every night even when I expressed how uncomfortable I was about it. They don't listen to employee concerns and upper management doesn't ever step in.

Take care of your employees rather than just your managers. Most of the time from my experience, the problems were the management team.

5. Great atmosphere and people working hard together

I have been working at Kum & Go full-time

Pros

Great company culture with some really great associates

Cons

Benefits have improved a lot, but could still be better for a company that wants to be outstanding.

6. Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Sales Manager Ll
    Current Employee - Sales Manager Ll

I have been working at Kum & Go full-time

Pros

This is the easiest and most fun job I have ever held. At my particular store we have more control and a lot of free reign. The customers are great. As long as you can keep your team inspired and smiling, getting everything done is the easiest thing. It's the spontaneous challenges that keep it interesting.

Cons

When you read "fast paced" in the job description, they meant it. As this company grows, new challenges arise and policy is ever changing. Many times, it's up to you to discover these changes. The communication you get depends on your RM and DM and how well they get info out.

More communication and transparency. Better articulation of the theory behind changes at the store level so we are completely clear on how new programs and policy is supposed to work with other facets of store operation. You have some intuitive geniuses working for you (seriously, it's like figuring out a Scooby Doo mystery sometimes with the cryptic discussions of roll outs of store operation tools that are supposed to make thing "better) that enjoy their jobs. I bet with a bit more clarity at the store level, we could do even better.
    Let us have more say at store level about products to carry for our specific demographic, we know our customers on a personal level. Most of management can even give you a run down of projected numbers right off the top of their head just from the daily customer inquiry.

7. Decent place to get started

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Parachute, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Parachute, CO

I have been working at Kum & Go part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Since this company is a 24 hour store, you can find hours that fit in a family schedule

Cons

Some customers can be rather rude

When you see someone worthy of manegment, push for it. Don't sit and wait until they are gone

8. Great opportunity!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in North Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in North Little Rock, AR

I worked at Kum & Go full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, awesome managers, wonderful customers

Cons

Ability to get promoted was low.

Keep up the good work

9. Headquarters

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Kum & Go full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They truly care for their employees. I can honestly say I have never worked for a company where I feel so truly appreciated for my time and work. Everyone is incredibly friendly, and the entire Senior Manager staff knows everyone by name. There are always events going on at headquarters including...monthly cake breaks, jeans day, fundraising activities, happy hours, catered events....there is ALWAYS something going on and it really makes you feel involved in the company. Also, everyone is wiling to help one another and everyone is so incredibly driven and hardworking!

Cons

Although I don't mind dressing business professional every day, jeans would be nice. Also, operations seem to overpower the rest of the company and leaves some of the important background departments in the shadows.

More focus on all departments of company.

10. Great company to work for and their future looks very bright!!

Former Employee - Store General Manager in Nevada, IA
    Former Employee - Store General Manager in Nevada, IA

I worked at Kum & Go full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They offer great benefits, competative salaries, and flexable hours. Supervisors are some of the best people I have ever worked for. They are all very caring and patient and WANT you to succeed!

Cons

Hard to get promoted once you have made it to Store General Manager level because the DM's have all been there for a very long time and it's such a great place to work for that most supervisors end up staying for life...

11. Great people, great relationships, wonderful place to work.

Current Intern - IT Intern in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Intern - IT Intern in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Kum & Go as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Small company, very team oriented. Care a lot about the work they do and the projects they do. Like to have fun in the workplace, lots of great ways to build relationships and share experiences.

Cons

Business professional dress, it's not the 1980's and there aren't any customers coming into the headquarters call it business casual and see the talent you get sky rocket.

Work on having individuals from different sections of a department, i.e. IT, give presentations within the department to teach on subject matter that isn't known to everyone. It helps people learn, helps people grow, and over all get a better idea of solutions in the future.