Kumaran Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mohan Kumar Subramanyam

Human Resources to be trained to value the Resources

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Kumaran Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsDo not have any optimistic view about the organization

ConsI spent quite a lot of years in this organization and found the initial stages to be fruitful. I do see that the Management or the Human Resources should ensure that the exit process of employees should go smooth as it took me almost four long months to get my relieving and experience letters in spite of having zero dues with the company. I had to send continuous e-mails to the HR team after which I was given my letters finally. Attitude of Human Resources and the way they respond to employees, especially towards the ones who are relieved from the company needs to be seriously looked upon. This type of lethargic and irresponsible behavior of personnel’s spoils the name of the organization and it makes the departing staffs to go through a very bad experience

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease ensure that proper process is followed for each and every role and responsibilities. Already the company seems to be diminishing in its performance and name, at least try to awake and be responsible in the days ahead

Work Experience

Programmer (Former Employee)

I worked at Kumaran Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWide range of technology we can work.
I worked for 5 projects in 3 years varying from Dotnet, Reports, Oracle Forms, Web services, ETL and Visual Foxpro.
Each have different technology. Good start for a fresher to learn adversely.

ConsWeekends and late nights are usual.
When you have a good work mates, it does not matter for men when working at nights.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt does not try to increase their business. It started with cognizant, but it is the same old company for decades but for cognizant, the history speaks. Billion dollar company in 10 years.
Time to think..

Promotes Dual Employment

Senior Programmer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kumaran Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA good company for those who are experienced in old platforms. Even for freshers this place is a good one to start, not advisable to stay for more than a year or two.

ConsA company in the IT industry for more than 25 years with a management that’s limping towards nowhere. I had spent close to 4 years in this organization which was very decent in the beginning. Later on due to less business’ getting signed, the Management started to focus on opening up another business in other sectors. Any organization would be against dual employment and this is the only company, I believe that it encourages dual employment. They have come up with two companies by name Ionixx Technologies and Apex Finance Limited for which they make use of the employees of Kumaran to work for these other two company’s. This is done without any grace of even giving the employees with some monetary benefits for working for their other company. So an employee of this organization is made to work for more than one company and that is against the company’s own hiring policy and here they lose their ethical value of an organization at the same time brings disrespect to its staffs as they are exploited with multiple employment

Advice to Senior ManagementIt’s time to focus more on the existing business and shape it up towards reaching its destiny, rather than misusing its staffs to work for other company and avoid exploiting the employees.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very bad

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Kumaran Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNone. There is no advantage joining this company.

ConsEverything. Don't expect anything from this company. This must be the last choice. The only time you can consider this company is when you have got nothing else on your hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no management here. Complete body shopping and they don't really care your needs.

Learning to Manage, Managed to learn

Programmer (Former Employee)

I worked at Kumaran Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood Office Location, situated in prime location of the city

ConsManagement needs to be aggressive, need to focus on improving sales and marketing strategy in order to get more business and expand its operations. Boasts itself to be a two decade old company, but it doesn't reflect in its style of leadership and the way things are managed. Poor HR benefits, and the senior HR's are unapproachable, they need to improve their approach towards their staffs. No proper rewards and recognition programs followed. Lacks planning and executing minute of things and completely reliant on micro managing their staffs. No proper lighting inside work area and poor maintenance of restrooms and pantry (Hub foe infections). HR treats the exiting employees very badly, especially during the background verification calls made by the resigned employee's prospective employer, the HR (Suresh Sakthivel) in particular deliberately gives negative feedback. They are merely concerned about the career growth of their ex employees and always try to stagnate their future by giving wrong feedback during the background verification calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Ship is great; its high time to change the Captain and the crew, else you will be forced to sink the ship or propel towards the ship breaking yard.

Flag Review

Kumaran Systems Manager- Human Resources responded to this review

Dec 11, 2013

Thanks for review comments. Since you had worked with Kumaran for 3+ years, you must be knowing the open door system, we don't restrict any associate to meet any of the leaders at any point in time ... More

Working environment is ok. But learning is very slow

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kumaran Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSalary is good and competating
Good working environment for those who don't require change in work and life
Skills are evaluated neutrally

ConsLearning process is very slow
Need to work late night and weekends almost

Experience at Kumaran

I have been working at Kumaran Systems full-time

ProsGood place to learn a lot of stuff.

ConsThere is just too much of work / late nights all the time.

tough but interesting work items

Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Kumaran Systems

Proscan learn a lot of things

Conssalary would not be as such as other companies, but its compromising

Advice to Senior Management-

Worked for Kumaran Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kumaran Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kumaran Systems CEO Mohan Kumar Subramanyam. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Kumaran Systems employees.