Kurman Communications

Kurman Communications Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cindy Kurman Barrie

I had a great working experience.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCindy provided me with computers, printers, software programs to use at my complete discretion in order to finish a project she hired me to do as seamlessly as possible. Cindy and Lee worked completely around my schedule, and even allowed for me to keep a long standing weekly appointment that would typically interfere with work hours. I read the reviews below and cannot attest to their validity since I had such a wonderful working experience at the company.

Cindy is a tough cookie, she tells you what she wants, how do it, and when to have it done, because she truly cares so much about her clients and employees. Cindy encourages you to do the best you can do, which may be tough for some, but in an client driven industry displaying a great work ethic gets you noticed.

My time at Kurman I didn't have the same work assignments the other employees had, I was assigned a single project. Yet the task I was given was extremely labor intensive, and I was the only one at the office hired to do it. There were days when I would stay late at the office to finish the goal I set for myself that day, and there were days when I would bring my work home with me (mind you, on a computer Cindy owned and completely let me borrow my entire time at the office). I know for a fact that Cindy without a second thought will provide you with what you need in order to finish your assignments. She is straightforward, lays out all that she needs from you on the table, and once all the necessary information is given, she can literally sit and talk with you with just about everything. She's wonderful. Cindy and I still speak weekly; and even though I'm no longer at the office due to school, she's always bringing me other potential jobs to work on together.

From my time spent at Kurman Communications I personally feel that Cindy cares not only about me, but my future as well. In fact, when I told Cindy I was going back to school for a second degree she offered to pay for my monthly Adobe subscription to help ease my financial burden, which is one of the nicest things an employer has ever done for me. If you're looking for a boss that truly cares about not just her work, but her employees as well, then I would look into working for Kurman Communications.

... They are also avid coffee drinkers like myself. The office kitchen is like a coffee drinker's dream come true! They also specialize in restaurant public relations, meaning they always have something delicious to feed you.

ConsBefore I started my assignment Cindy and Lee had already purchased a program they wanted me to work with opposed to using the software that I was more comfortable using. The only con I would say is that my work time was extended due to buggy software.

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked on a solo project and collaborated with Cindy and Lee opposed to the other employees at the office. Working alongside the CEO and VP benefited me so I supposed establishing that type of relationship allows for people to be more productive.

Disappointing, Unproductive Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAcct Coordinators and Interns get their own office (because the place is empty)

ConsNo direction on assignments followed by insults of work rather than constructive criticism
    Leadership yells at each other (at the top of their lungs) over domestic issues
    Bad relationships with clients
    Pays way below industry standards and doesn't allow people to get part-time jobs on weekends or evenings
    Constant dishonesty
    High employee turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop better relationships with people to reduce high client and employee turnover

Fast-learning but unprofessional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI learned very fast at Kurman Communications. There were no limits...I was allowed to take on senior level assignments as an intern. It's a good place to start and get experience.

ConsI was expected to know everything and there was little room for any formal training or direction. The environment in the office is very unprofessional and poor mistreatment happens on the regular. Very low pay and high work activity...doesn't match up.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest paying more....the average salary is so low it's unethical. I would also suggest ethical treatment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kurman was an under-paid, stressful and un-professional working enviornment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFast learning office
    Lots of opportunities to "run the company"
    Entry level positions available
    Great portfolio builder for newbies
    Fun industry to work in

ConsVery stressful, and unorganized
    Lack of communication between superiors and employees
    Very inadequate pay
    Work is under-appreciated
    Overwhelming workload
    Unrealistic expectations from upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more respectful of your employees in all aspects of life.
    Establish a more professional work environment.
    Use an outside source to manage HR needs.

Neutral

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWork with different clients in the restaurant and entertainment field.

ConsBad communication within the office

Advice to Senior Management.

Worked for Kurman Communications? Contribute to the Community!