Kurt Geiger Reviews

Wesley R. Card

1. consultant

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, MI

I have been working at Kurt Geiger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture - the people truly, truly care about a positive work environment. Because we are small you have the opportunity to do real, valuable work

Cons

Kurt Salmon only focuses on retail and consumer products (but really just retail) which can be limiting if you are looking to work in many industrie.s

Advice to Management

be more organized in the promotion process

2. The worst company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Durham, NC

I have been working at K&G Fashion Superstore (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discount on shoes, other than that none.

Cons

The staff are all false, management don't give you any support, expect you to run the store while they go shopping then kick off when the audit goes wrong and blames you. They will take disaplinary action on you for forgetting to say hi to a customer, the two stores I worked in had harrasment issues, avoid at all costs.

Advice to Management

Yous all need to go on a trainging course to be shown how to treat staff.

Intern to Permanent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kurt Geiger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intern Opportunity Position was made Perm Real Experience Travel Paid whilst Interning Offices are Fab Open Plan Offices so exposure to all levels of Management

Cons

Internship was not paid (but travel was paid)

Advice to Management

Keep taking on Interns as it is a great experience for us!

5. Our Head Office is Great :-)

Current Employee - Head Office Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Head Office Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kurt Geiger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful Contemporary Offices, Amazing Discount, Paid Half Day Fridays at the end of each month, Free Group Yoga, Staff Sales, Great Pension, Life Assurance, Harrods discount too (lots more) . . . .

Cons

Entrepreneurial environment - Will not be suited to those who like rigid structure but definitely good for those with a creative flair.

6. Need to go back to basics

Former Employee - Concession Manager
    Former Employee - Concession Manager

I worked at Kurt Geiger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

50% discount on products. nice work environment with other staff members. Can order stock easily for customers.

Cons

Head office staff rubbish. You have to email them with any problems however urgent and will get a sarcy reply. no support from area managers, they say leave it with me and you probably won't hear back. left to your own devices, need to train yourself up. The pricing of their product is basically send something in at £120 but it is always going to be at a 'promo ' price of £59 so customers think they're getting a better price but in reality it is still overpriced. They won't spend the money on keeping staff, so the staff turnover is ridiculously high. Takes ages to activate online discount. And new starters always get taxed wrong the first couple of months.

Advice to Management

Need to go back to basics and train staff up and keep them interested. Communicate with them more. Lower your prices on stock that is made from synthetic materials (no leather) .

7. Branch Manager

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Kurt Geiger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great discount, great product. You feel glamorous every day and wearing the shoes for work is great fun(if sometimes a little painful!)

Cons

Hopefully this will have changed by now. As a manager I was treated appallingly. Short staffed and the area manager wouldn't pass through any applications unless I gave one of her friends a job. I ended up working 9 hour days, with no lunch breaks, for 12 days in a row. I'd then have 1 day off and start again. It got so bad I ended up in hospital with stress induced exhaustion and quit.

Advice to Management

Do some research on the rm's you hire. Listen to your managers too. Don't just take the rm's response as the truth because they have more power. Also give HR more power!

8. Not great

Current Employee - Sales Assistant
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant

Pros

Very few. Discount is okay but they don't pay enough for you to have money left to buy new shoes.

Cons

Management, no room for growth.

9. Sales advisor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Kurt Geiger part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a nice company for those new to retail. good staff discount and commision. staff are friendly and fun. get to meet designers in person sometimes. Good vacation package

Cons

if you want to work your way up. you may have to lick. Holidays season can be mental. You may have to look eventually if you are looking for promotion. training for staff could be improved. have to fight for a raise

Advice to Management

Management will have to Develop their staff and they will stay loyal and thereby reduce high staff turnover. Look after the welfare of your staff such as giving them raise.

Kurt Geiger Has Singlehandedly Put Me Off The Retail Sector

Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England (UK)

I worked at Kurt Geiger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• 50% discount on own brand shoes. • A leading luxury shoe and accessories retailer, which is sure to look good on your CV.

Cons

• The horrendously low salary. • The job title should be changed to "Glorified Cleaner". • Sales Associates are all on different salaries, with some being paid commission (1%) and others not. • Girls hired on 4 to 8 hour contracts are expected to work over 20 hours a week. • I was constantly and consistently called and texted by management or supervisory on the majority of my days off asking me to come in to work. • Despite hiring students, the manager had no respect or understanding off a work/life/study balance and girls were scheduled to work on all of the days they weren't in school. • You are only guaranteed the salary for your contracted hours at the end of the month, any overtime you do (which the majority of the work is) is paid in arrears (next month). • The store had a high turnover and I witnessed someone leaving every month. • Colleagues stealing your customers or sales. • Colleagues would talk behind each other's backs and report each other to management or supervisory for minor infractions. • I didn't feel as if there was anyone I could turn to for support if I were having any problems. • Breaching Manual Handling and Health and Safety Act.

Advice to Management

• Offering a liveable salary would decrease the turnover. • Do not hire people just because they are attractive. • Re-read the Health and Safety at Work Act. • Lose the arrogance.

Worst job I have ever had

Current Employee - Key Holder in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Key Holder in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kurt Geiger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

only thing I can think of is the 50% - even then you have to wait 3 months.

Cons

The company is more concerned with your personal looks and apparence rather than your sales. I was told I HAD to wear foundation, even though my skin is really good. Also forced to wear high heels (which was not in my contract) - the heels then gave me nerve damage in my feet which is leading to surgery. I then had to buy a full price pair of flat shoes for work. Which basically swallowed my entire pay check.

Advice to Management

Focus more on sales instead of the appearance of your staff. Motivate your team by giving them positive feedback instead of telling them everything they had done wrong. Stop throwing away people's CV's that are not what you see as 'pretty enough' to work there. It's 2015, stop being such a materialistic and sexist brand. Embrace people's unique looks.

RSS Feed </> Embed