Kwik Trip
www.kwiktrip.com La Crosse, WI 5000+ Employees

Kwik Trip Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Kwik Trip – US – “Kwik Trip”

Kwik Trip President and CEO Don Zietlow

Don Zietlow

Pros:
  • "Excellent benefits, profit sharing and CSI for long-term employees"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Also all employees including part time employees receive a year end bonus check"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "low pay, coworkers that don't want to work hard"
    in 3 reviews
  • "You have to work at least 50 hours a week and that's lucky if thats all you put in"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Review

Shift Leader (Current Employee)
    Owatonna, MN

ProsFor the pros for Kwik Trip, I would have to remain neutral

ConsIt is definitely not a steady schedule environment. Plus they do not watch what some of their DL's and Store Leads do behind their backs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a very demanding job for your shift leads. We all know you make enough to start paying your employees that much more...especially with the massive growth of this company.

Good job

Shift Lead (Former Employee)

ProsGood employee bonuses, plenty of staff for good coverage, excellent full and part time benefits.

ConsHad one awful manager out of several great managers. There was no system in place to fix this. He was later fired though, I just didn't make it through that time

Great Family company, treats employees fair

Large Pull Order Selector (Former Employee)
    La Crosse, WI

ProsKwik trip treats their employees very fairly. Employees are paid very well. Also all employees including part time employees receive a year end bonus check.

ConsWorking in the warehouse can be hard work. It is often very hot in the summer. Must be prepared to work hard, however you are paid for your hard work

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement was great

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great and growing company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers and customers are the best. Lots of opportunity to learn the inner workings of a growing retail organization. Company's core values truly shine in how people are treated.

ConsLots (LOTS!) of hours for leadership team

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the company as the founder meant it to be. Don't let success go to anyone's head.

Do not become a leader (manager) with this company.

Food Service Leader (Former Employee)

ProsNone None None None None

ConsIf you are not a favorite you will be subject to bad scheduling, poor performance reviews, the subject of store gossip, etc...

Advice to Senior ManagementPull yourselves out of the 80"s. Times have changed

exhausting

Shift Leader (Former Employee)
    Eau Claire, WI

Pros401k, profit sharing, paid vacations, health insurance

ConsI started out as a part- time employee but later went to full-time. The company needs to get rid of the bad employees, or its going to be all the bad ones that are left, because the good ones will find other jobs. I worked with some people who worked very hard and others who didn't care if they got things done, that needed to get done. Working 9 or 10 hours and only 2 ten minutes breaks. To that I say is that really caring about your employees? Sometimes you didn't get any breaks because it was too busy. If you are not in super condition with no health issues then you can probably do this job, but if not don't apply here because by the end of your shift you will feel so tired and achy you will not want to do much but sleep. Some of these stores have to have more people working. The workers need their breaks! The focus is food, food, food. I would feel better about the food program if we weren't contributing to people eating unhealthy food. On the positive side they do sell fruit and veggies and other good things. But the hot food stuff sold when you walk in the door is unhealthy. At one time I was interested in moving up, but just going to full-time was too demanding. I do not want to work 50-60 hours and be salaried and spend no time with family. We only have so much time before our children grow up, and you never know when someone you love may die. Work is needed, but there is a limit to how much most people want to give up for their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company started on great ideas and a great founder who wanted to have a company that treated employees well. My suggestions would be, 1) get rid of salaried positions. have a store manager and 2 assistants and they all work 40 hour weeks. anything needed over that should be overtime. 2) The bonus should be divided evenly with all employees. (part-timers would get less than full-timers). 3)If your there 8 hours give a 20 minute lunch and 2, ten minute breaks. Someone needs to be in these stores and see how hard it is to get the work done and come up with solutions. New employees are getting harder to come by and new hires are not staying! There is a reason this is happening! I notice a lot of stores are hiring and are short staffed. Start selling food that is healthier be part of the solution of Americas obesity epidemic and not contributing more to the problem. Start co-workers out at a higher wage. Some of your workers are on food stamps! pay enough so this company doesn't have their own employees getting assistance. Most co-workers are living pay check to pay check. especially single moms or dads. It seems the company is out of touch with the co-workers. The work is too hard for the pay received even with the bonus. Make some changes so you really can be "Better than the best."

It was very nice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prospay, profit sharing, vacation time

Conshours of work. No set schedule

wouldn't suggest

Cashier, Kitchen Worker, Bakery (Current Employee)
    Oshkosh, WI

Prospay, vacation time, end of year bonus's/gifts

Consdisrespect, lack of hours and keep cutting them, rude co-workers (but not all), to much swing shift if you have all 3 shifts, no discounts, two 10 min breaks if you get a chance

Advice to Senior Managementgive a survey to your employees on how they like/dislike working there and what they would like to change or do more of.

Company is very generous, but its still Customer Service.

Retail Co-Worker (Former Employee)
    La Crosse, WI

ProsPart Time Benefits
    End of Year Bonus
    Pays well

ConsI worked Store Level for 7 years. It can wear you out

It's a job.

Cashier (Current Employee)
    Eagan, MN

ProsGreat benefits & flexible hours.

ConsThey take themselves too seriously. If you didn't go to college, this is the job for you. You advance slowly if you want to "work your way up the ladder". I have this job just to have a little extra money while I go to college so I have no desire to make this long term. If you don't have a life, go ahead immerse yourself in the ok land of Kwik Trip.

Worked for Kwik Trip? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kwik Trip reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kwik Trip CEO Don Zietlow. All 93 reviews posted anonymously by Kwik Trip employees.