Kwik Trip

www.kwiktrip.com

Kwik Trip Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Kwik Trip – US – “Kwik Trip”

Kwik Trip President and CEO Don Zietlow

Don Zietlow

Pros
  • Profit sharing, good pay for job,Great benefits even for part time(in 22 reviews)

• Also all employees including part time employees receive a year end bonus check(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management way out of touch with staff(in 5 reviews)

• low pay, coworkers that don't want to work hard(in 3 reviews)

Agree with majority

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) Rice Lake, WI

ProsHands down...Kwik Trip is in the upper retail businesses better then most

ConsThe favoritism is ridiculous. This company has lost business because of it. In the Eau Claire area you can get let go for complaining about stealing or such to upper management if they are a "favorite". Hopefully one day upper-upper management will realize this area is gravy and the right person could blow it out of the water

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking at degrees and cute girls....look at who is there learning everything, working extra shifts...etc

Great company to work for, epecially if looking for part-time employment

ProsProfit Sharing, PT benefits, Year-end bonus, Benefits

ConsManagement training could be improved

Good company but burn people out fast

Shift Leader (Current Employee) Eau Claire, WI

ProsProfit sharing at end of the year and the 401k that is nice to have

ConsOver work certain employees while others are just there. High stress which doesn't need to happen. Upper management way out of touch with staff. Too many favorites played which factors into promotions and merit increases. Way way to much talking up staff when it comes to promotion to keep people around a bit longer

Advice to Senior ManagementHave your DL and Zl's come out and see what actually happens on the front end of the company. It seems like most of the store upper management are out of touch with what really happens and are only concerned with numbers. Is it worth it to burn out good coworkers just so you can get a bonus at the end of the period.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work

Cashier (Former Employee) Tomah, WI

Prosgreat company benefits fun work experience

Consa bit cliquey sometimes frustrating between shifts

Advice to Senior Managementmany problems between shifts

I enjoyed weorking with the people

Retail Co-Worker (Former Employee) La Crosse, WI

ProsWorking with the guests and I had great coworkers. I used it as a college job but there is potential for working up in the company with little or no post high school education

ConsThey are very focused on selling food. Their is high gross margin on food so I understand but where I worked we had many regulars and were surrounded by fast food chains that offered better food so we struggled selling food which unfairly effected our payroll.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt felt like unless you knew someone in the corporated office your chances of moving up were limited.

Pretty much the same environment as retail

Assistant Food Service Leader (Current Employee)

Prosthey start with a little better pay than other retail or food service jobs. the bonuses are widely talked about.

Consthere are no lunches, even on an 8 hour shift. they can schedule you for 7 days in a row with no time off, due to their two week rotating schedule. the work is much harder than most retail or food service, and the expectations are very high for sub poverty pay. no employee discount, sub standard health insurance. they are one of the companies who cut their employees hours so they wouldn't have to pay for health insurance. the pay is based on time there, not on effort or performance. lots of petty politics.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement doesn't have much to say. the company president and his family make all of the decisions. but i would tell the president that all of the talk about ethics, etc., doesn't cut it much with the average employee until he pays a decent wage.

Okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood co-workers, decent pay for a gas station

ConsManagement takes itself way too seriously. At the end of the day, it's still a gas station.

Great company, Retail management gets away with too much.

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Rochester, MN

ProsFamily owned, you're not a number, great bonuses for all employees.

ConsALOT OF DRAMA! Management will pick favorites, large income gap between management and employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch your retail leaders a bit better. I could list several occurances in which I watched a member of the management stray from the core values. I would say that is your biggest enemy at this point, you have built a great company with a spotless reputation. It would be a shame to watch people continue to drag it through the mud.

Hard work pays off

understanding supervisors

Conshard work
    rude customers
    lots of trash

Do not become a leader (manager) with this company.

Food Service Leader (Former Employee)

ProsNone None None None None

ConsIf you are not a favorite you will be subject to bad scheduling, poor performance reviews, the subject of store gossip, etc...

Advice to Senior ManagementPull yourselves out of the 80"s. Times have changed

Worked for Kwik Trip? Contribute to the Community!