www.kwiktrip.com

Updated December 10, 2014
3.6

Kwik Trip President and CEO Don Zietlow
Don Zietlow

Pros
  • Profit sharing, higher than average hourly pay, the Zietlow family rocks (in 25 reviews)

• Also all employees including part time employees receive a year end bonus check (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • too much drama between co-workers ,store leaders showed alot of favortism (in 7 reviews)

• wages, long hours, lack of humility by some in management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Store leader

Current Employee - Store Leader in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Store Leader in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Kwik Trip full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Family owned, care for the coworkers, always changing, innovative the company is continuing to grow over the next few years so advancement is possible if you want to relocate. Growth is always going to be there when you are ready to work hard.

Cons

Long hours minimum 50 per week 10 hour days with 2 ten minute breaks internal politics can get in the way.

Caution as you grow too big not to over manage every process where it is too robotic and the personal element gets missed

Great Company to work for!

Former Employee - Retail Co-Worker in Independence, IA
    Former Employee - Retail Co-Worker in Independence, IA

I worked at Kwik Trip part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fantastic bonuses and benefits
    Flexible work schedules.
    Great opportunities for advancement and leadership positions.

Cons

Forced suggestive selling is a turn-off.
    Third Shift gets no respect

Treat your third-shifters well and your store will always look fantastic.

Guest Service Co-Worker

Current Employee - Guest Service Coworker in Owatonna, MN
    Current Employee - Guest Service Coworker in Owatonna, MN

I have been working at Kwik Trip full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Shifts go by quickly, competitive pay for the industry.

Job security, as long as you're working hard enough.

Profit sharing up to 9.6% of your annual salary

Cons

Management to employee experience differs on who you are and who your managers are.

There is a lot of finger pointing at this job, no one is afraid to throw you under the bus. This, however, varies by store.

Lots of room for mistakes, they preach integrity but you don't really hear much about your work unless it's a complaint or something you messed up.

Calm down

I can't live on this

I have been working at Kwik Trip part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very friendly, helpful people. Most customers are nice. Suggestive selling is not that bad

Cons

You start at 9.40 where I am but I got my first check and it was $340. I can't live on less than $700 a month. They won't hire for more than 28 hours but I've been getting 21-24. No such thing as full time, maybe the shift managers do. I don't know how they get away with no time to eat. Who is going to eat anything on 10 min you might not get? Finding it very hard to stand all day. This week I came in 6am-2, next week I work until 11 or 12 at night. Lousey benefits; they admit their health ins doesn't meet the ACA standards so if your state didn't expand medicaid you're screwed. And who can afford it anyway. Max vacation is 3 days, no sick days. Our store is extremely busy, I might have 10 seconds once or twice a day to get a drink of water. So far I've paid $30 for a shirt and $60 for work shoes or I'd die.

Most people need to make more than 11,000 or 13,000 a year.

Great company, not so great job.

I have been working at Kwik Trip part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Profit-sharing, competitive pay compared to similar jobs

Cons

Too strict with some policies, workload put too much on certain employees over others, lacking consistency with training of new employees

Take the time to train new employees correctly and consistently

solo 3rd shift worker spread too thin

Former Employee - Third Shift in Waconia, MN
    Former Employee - Third Shift in Waconia, MN

I worked at Kwik Trip full-time (less than an year)

Pros

it was quiet town of generally good people, no trouble makers causing issues or looking for a fight. the work was very easy. but it wasn't the work by itself i had an issue with. responsabilities (stacking bananas isn't backbreaking) time to think, quiet

Cons

too many responsibilities that it was not possible for a single person to do them. Job that literally requiring a person to be in two different places at the same time. one person cannot clean out bathrooms and frost donuts at the same time. if i had a second worker to man the front counter so that i could prepare the food without the worrying about selfserve gas patrons driving off or just watch the loiterers so they wouldn't steal stuff while I restocked the milk, this issue would not be there. it's not like the work was hard but you cannot request an employee to pull a Dr. Manhattan and be omnipresent.

listen to your employees when they say they need a secondary person or do not be open 24 hours if you can't staff it.

Great dealing with customers every day!

I worked at Kwik Trip

Pros

It's awesome getting to know the regulars that come in. It was also nice to know that this was a family owned business. I also liked that I was offered health insurance even though I was only working part-time.

Cons

I often felt that the shift I worked was understaffed considering we were responsible for putting truck away, making food and coffee, and ringing customers up.

Make sure you're training everyone to do the job correctly. I was often showed to do a single job multiple ways which was quite confusing and annoying.

Amazing Company

Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Kwik Trip full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great starting pay. Minimum $9.25
    Positive/ High energy work environment.
    High satisfaction standards for customers. Rare to deal with customer complaints.
    Full time benefits, 401k, insurance ect.
    Yearly bonus check made out of 40% of the companies profits, for all co-workers. ( just before Christmas!)

Cons

Very competitive company.
    Very high growth rate. Almost too high to keep up with.

It is fun.

I have been working at Kwik Trip part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, profit sharing, good hours. You get raises once your first 3 months of employment then every year after that.

Cons

Too many rules. Every mess up that happens, you get written up for it. Some customers can be snobby. Its easy to press wrong button on register

Listen to coworkers requests more often

guest services co worker, food service

I worked at Kwik Trip

Pros

end of the year bonus, free drinks during your shift, customers always friendly

Cons

i worked most weekends and holidays and cant call in (for any reason) unless someone is willing to come in for you, no employee discount, a lot of drama because all female co workers (mostly high school-college age) at my store.

Kwik Trip Photos