Kyocera

Add Photos

Kyocera President, Representative Director, and Executive Officer Tetsuo Kuba

Tetsuo Kuba

kyocera

ProsGreat staff, bosses are friendly, coworkers are easy going. Great place to work.

Conshours could use a bit of a spruce up. Sometimes a bit confusing structure and late nights. Lots of personalities to handle in one space.

Kyocera

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosstability, work life balance, working with people with long tenure.

Consvery low mobility, few female in managerial roles, big company with cumbersome red tapes

lousy place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosdon't work there any more

Consit is a lousy place to work

Advice to Senior Managementretire

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not recommended to work there

Technician (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI like hours that I worked and convenient location..

ConsLow wages, not so friendly, Japanese dictatorship style. Waste of time exercising twice a week, poor equipment to work with. not professional management

Overall unsatisfactory experience in terms of communication, positive reinforcement, direction

Digital Product Support Hotline (Current Employee) Fairfield, NJ

ProsNew President has done great job in providing much needed leadership and direction which has resulted in actual profitability and good prospects. Started out flexible with accrual of up to 5 weeks PTO and ability to take half days at a time with the encouragement to take time off, even offering so much vacation reimbursement. Most employees at all levels are friendly and approachable. Good fairly clean work environment and excellent chef-run cafeteria. Original job as supervisor allowed time and offered opportunity to learn new things, keep up with updated resources and news.

ConsDepending on department the Pros above can be very different or non existent. There is evidence of favortism and cliques among management so therefore some undesirable "policies" will not change. Not alot of communication or direction or positive reinforcement going on here. the first few years I was a supervisor my subordinates were given performance reviews by my manager without my knowledge or collaboration!! Raises are low- probably average about 1.5%.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the Under My Thumb micro management style in some departments and put you money where your mouth is when you say "employees are the most important" and "do the right thing as a human being". More positive reinforcement, more frequent communication between supervisors and managers providing constructive critcism, praise, direction and goals instead of blindsiding and hitting hard at review time. Take the exponents out of Multi-tasking please!! We are not robots or machines or computer processors that can handle so many simultaneous things successfully or consistently. Take this into consideration PLEASE.

Hard work, very old school, backward thinking company

Sales Engineer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsTravel Good People and Great Benefits

ConsVery Old School style of doing things.
    Must be cheap with travel expenses.
    Not receptive to new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up more and provide better training

Not a bad place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsIn terms of people, the best place I have ever worked. At least within my amoeba, work hours is flexible (i.e. work from home). Not too much pressure from management (probably they know our salary is not competitive).

ConsToo much focus on seniority. Too much “promote within” mentality (too many cookie cutting senior managers). If you get things done, management keeps unloading more work on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot necessary advice to management but advice to people who are having interviews with Kyocera - Raises and compensations are not performance based – it is seniority base. That been said, work minimum amount to the point where you won’t get fired or laid off but plan to stick around for long time.

cnc machinist

Machinist (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA

Prosgreat atmosphere and good benifits

Conslow pay for the local area

Advice to Senior Managementthey have a supportive team

repair technician

Copier Technician (Former Employee) Brandon, MB (Canada)

Prossenior management very assailable at all times

Consvery large service area to cover with few techs.

good , learning experience

ProsGood company, good benefits, great location

Conscompany did not invested in new technology and innovation

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to basics

Worked for Kyocera? Contribute to the Community!