Kyocera Solar

Add Photos

Steven C. Hill

Fairly Dysfunctional, Poor Senior Leadership, High Turnover

Regional Manager (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsCompany produces quality products and has a reputation for standing behind it's products.

ConsCorporate planning and strategy tied to staying out of trouble with parent company governed oversees in Japan. Lackluster leadership with significant mismanagement and deep voids in organizational development, employee retention and appreciation, customer relations and strategic planning, among many others. It is no surprise that company is struggling in a increasingly competitive market.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot sure if same management is in place as was before 2010, but if so, recruit a new president (e.g., replace Mr Hill) and the controller. Inept would seem to be a kind one word description considering an employee turnover rate of over 50% less than 3 years,

Mediocre Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsCompany has a long history and an amazing founder.

ConsManagement are the most mediocre people I have ever met. Instead of hiring the people that have been around for the longest they should bring in outside talent who are the best people for the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire.

Applied for the Staff Accountant Position 6 Months Ago

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsNone - Everything I see on the outside says "mistake" on the inside of this company. Now I see the how true it is, their recruiting for another Staff Accountant after just four months.

ConsSomething is seriously wrong with this organization, turnover is horribly high. I remember asking the HR rep. about the high turnover during the interview, she gave me a bold-face lie. Then she tried to dodge the issue with a defensive posture and some bogus story about employee's with 10, 15, and 20 year careers with Kyocera.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet yourself a "moral compass" and learn how to use it!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great benefits and that's about it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGreat medical and dental benefits, many preventative procedures etc are covered and coverage starts day one. Small company feel within a large corporation. Access to all levels of management up to the CEO.

ConsToxic work environment, some of the most unhappy people I've ever worked around. They've been through two major layoffs since I left largely due to upper management decisions that continue to cost them market share. Company takes financially conservative to a whole new level placing band-aids on systems that desperately need replacement in order to be effective. Kyocera as a corporation has solid company standards and beliefs but at the local level in the Solar division there's more finger pointing than anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring friends and start investing in people with the experience to turn things around. Keeping personnel in place who are loyal to upper management while being ridiculed and laughed at by subordinates for their lack of knowledge isn't doing anyone any favors. Kyocera Solar needs a leader with a clear vision and the ability to inspire and communicate that vision to staff.

Worked for Kyocera Solar? Contribute to the Community!