Kysor//Warren Reviews

Jim Laycock

Definitely a growing company

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Coop in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Coop in Columbus, GA

I worked at Kysor//Warren full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will definitely be put through training that will pay off

Cons

Work load can be heavy at times

Kysor Warren is the most disorganized and wasteful company that I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Case Specialist in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Case Specialist in Columbus, GA

I worked at Kysor//Warren full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There was no shortage of overtime making pay checks fat.

Cons

80 hour weeks every week were required causing employees to live in a constant state of exhaustion.

Hire enough employees so that 80 hour work weeks are not required. Work is important but it shouldn't be a human being's entire life. Practice 6 Sigma and have a team who's sole purpose is to develop and implement process improvement.

Great job however plenty of hours

Current Employee - Brazer in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Brazer in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Kysor//Warren full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Steady work, great pay with benefits. Management is great and listens to all inquiries. Would recommend to whoever wants to work for them.

Cons

Hours.. Sometimes we get about 60-70 hours a week during peak time which is May-October then slows down to about 40-50.

Be prepared to be overworked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I worked at Kysor//Warren

Pros

Recognition for job well done... Piece of paper in a picture frame.
    Water machine.
    Clean bathrooms.

Cons

Management didn't seem to care about anyone.
    Cut throat business
    Floor workers forced to work every day of the week.
    No time to see their families.

Power more important than people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Kysor//Warren

Pros

The industry keeps moving even during slow economic times. New products are developed and updates of old cases and systems happens regularly. New technological advances are put into place in the systems and cases.

Cons

Non-production pay is severely misaligned throughout the company in comparison to other fields in the industry. A fact noticed by two different corporations who owned us, but neither did anything. Yearly raises are basically just cost of living increasing, but is truly not even enough to cover cost of living increases. Cost cutting measures happen everywhere but yearly sales meetings in nice hotes, restauraunts continue to happen. And the senior management goes to offsite meetings regularly with lunch/dinner paid for. A company wide inventory usually happens twice a year and are contiously not acceptable. Lower employees make suggestions but if you are not in top of power (or don't make enough) they are ignored. In some departments (not all) there is a debate between Education and Work History. In some of the departments if you have a degree in anything you are regarded as more valuable than the person who has been doing the job for 15+ years and has certifications, etc. A Degree and Knowledge should be weighed/averaged, not one for the other.

Stop looking at your paycheck and the power you have over everyone. You do have enough. Move on. Worry about how the company works. Meetings every hour, constantly reporting numbers, and ignorance towards your employees is not just hurting moral, it is hurting the company itself.

We could be a great company, if we wanted to.

Current Employee - Engineer in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Kysor//Warren

Pros

The job isn't too insanely difficult and we have a pretty good maintenance department who helps complete projects in a timely manner. The factory workers are good people and always help me out when I have a job to complete.

Cons

The overall attitude from the top on down. It seems like newer employees are not always welcomed and shown the ropes when they first sign on - this wasn't just me, as I have seen it with others. There are many employees that have been here for many years and they have a limited vision of building the company into a better place. I am salaried and it is bad when I receive more respect from the hourly associated than I do from fellow salaried employees. It is kind of a "put-down" environment that likes to pick at a person's personality traits and physical looks. I seldom feel supported from upper management.

Instill the attitude that we are all in this together and put yourself in other people's shoes. Show that everyone deserves mutual respect instead of being told, "You're doing it all wrong...what is wrong with you?"