L-3 Vertex Reviews

3.2
David (Dave) Merriam

1. Good experience

I worked at L-3 Vertex

Pros

Good pay and work/life balance

Cons

Benefits are average. No communications between site and senior management

2. L-3 Vertex

Current Employee - Finance in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Finance in Jackson, MS

I have been working at L-3 Vertex full-time

Pros

The mission of the company allows the employee to be proud of what is done for our military. Working at L-3 is very challenging and offers room for growth - personally and professionally. The people are great. I've never seen such dedication and commitment to success, not only financially but also in a job sincerely well done.

Cons

Top level management is very disappointing. People have been put in positions temporarily and have little regard for the very hard working individuals that keep the company moving forward.

Get over casting blame for past decisions and truly focus on utilizing the existing talent to drive beyond the challenges and revive success.

3. Great contract pay. Poor company leadership.

Former Contractor - Maintenance Technician
    Former Contractor - Maintenance Technician

I worked at L-3 Vertex as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay for working overseas in a war zone.

Cons

Definite good ole boy club amongst leadership.

5. A very good company to work for

I worked at L-3 Vertex

Pros

Good working conditions and a fun place to work as long as you do your job in a professional way

Cons

Some lower management folks can be a pain but they usually do not last. There is a ;good 'ole boy' attitude at nearly all sites BUT, Just remember, There are doers and there are climbers. doers prevail, climbers fail because upper management folks] will see through this in time .

Thanks for keeping good people with a job

6. The management staff was great to work for.

Former Employee - Installer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Installer in Washington, DC

I worked at L-3 Vertex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits and vacation was great. Enjoyed providing the services for the customers, and satisfaction of a task completed.

Cons

Some of the co workers were not as productive as I felt they should have been, given the requirements of the positions.

Provide opportunities for all staff to take lead positions on tasks, as qualified.

7. Who are these people?

Former Contractor - Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Contractor - Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at L-3 Vertex as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Well they will hire or contract almost anyone. I replaced someone who there for 2.5 years that really didn't accomplish anything that worked.

Cons

No advancement for the people who work hard and may a little advancement for those who know how to grab upper managements ear. Lets be honest here, the midlevel managers can't lead or manage well. They reward self promoting people who rat everyone else out. What work does get done is by those who keep thier nose to the grindstone, but have little prospect of advancement. The contractor I replaced spent 2.5 years developing the simplest test ever and it still didn't work when I got there. It was unbelievable. The guy went unchecked for that long. What does that tell you about management. I'll say they don't interact with the employees. They can't lead. They don't understand why complex systems can't be completed because they spend so much time bragging about what they did in the past to everyone so thier jobs are justified. It's a very wastfleful method of management. I guess they only want to work really really simple projects. That way the big manager boys and girls will seem very smart and capable too. - it's just a poorly managed place. I know an assembler that learned a little software that to thier management was wonderful. Now, i think anyone should grow into whatever they want, but I know this assembler. She is unable to write code, but somehow she made them believe she figured it all out. I've even read her letter from them. Amazing! Selfpromotion at work.

Put on your big boy and girl pants and get to understanding your teams. Start to care about the employees for a change.

8. Great place to work if your a Veteran .

Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in San Diego, CA

I worked at L-3 Vertex full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Good working hours.

Cons

Little to no advancement

9. Maintenance of aircraft

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Killeen, TX
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Killeen, TX

I have been working at L-3 Vertex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good crew and a friendly work environment make for a positive and productive work place. Everyone gets along and tries to make schedule, while doing quality work

Cons

It's in Texas, so the awful heat

trust us and we will make you shine

10. Good

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Madison, MS
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Madison, MS

I have been working at L-3 Vertex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Travel, experience and the people are great. The pay is very good and there is a decent rotation schedule.

Cons

It is a lot of time away from home.

11. It could be a lot worse but it can definitely be better.

I have been working at L-3 Vertex

Pros

The pay and some really good people on the floor who makes things happen despite numerous obstacles thrown at them by people in positions who have no clue on what it takes to get an aircraft out but continue to give it their all because they don't want to let the person next to them carry all the weight by themselves.

Cons

Don't really have to know your job you just have to be pretty cool with someone in management and you'll have a better chance of being promoted or getting an available position that opens up.

Whenever you come around look around and talk to the workers and ask them who is the Technical Inspector, Sheet Metal Mechanic, General Mechanic, and Avionics Person who keeps the ball rolling and don't let them name themselves and when your done talking to each individual by themselves tally up the numbers and that's who your leaders should be.