L Brands

Be The First To
Add Photos

L Brands Chairman and CEO Leslie H. Wexner

Leslie H. Wexner

Pros
  • Great work-life balance, freedom to be creative in work, good development plans (in 16 reviews)

• The company has great people and an enriching work environment (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • The cons are that the environment is stressful and the work life balance is not great (in 16 reviews)

• long hours, payroll, senior management (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Production Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe best part of working here is that facility is nice and they pay well. People generally want you to succeed if you put in the time and effort. The people and quality of leadership vary from category to category.

ConsThe cons are that the environment is stressful and the work life balance is not great. Promotions additionally come very rarely

2013 Summer Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun and exciting place to work.

ConsCommunication could be improved before and after internship is completed.

Good place for people who just start their career

ProsGood environment, friendly people, informal dress code, trainings,employee discount, charity events

ConsHigh turn over rate of senior leaders, hard to get promoted, not many career development opportunities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Front End Tech Lead

Front End Tech Lead (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat work/life balance, employees are valued.

ConsDecisions can be slow, like in many big organizations.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A solid place to work during the summer as an intern.

Intern - Hourly (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

Pros-The internship program is very efficient and well run. They will do their best to make sure their interns get the most beneficial experience possible.
    -They are the industry leader in personal care and intimate apparel for a reason. They know what they need to do and are very good at it.
    -Very involved in community service in the Columbus area.

Cons-Internship is only ten weeks long.
    -Full time employees seem to work very long hours. That isn't unusual but if that's not your thing, then it might be better for both parties for you to work elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet interns know what the real possibilities are of being hired on full time after graduation. Better to be brutally honest then to leave them with false hope.

Worst management experience.

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsOnly pros is discount and customer relations.

ConsNo clear expectations, next to no training for managers, if you are not in the "click" you are forced out regardless of how well you perform your job and increase overall sales and customers satisfaction. Zero talent development on any level...would never recommend this company for any inspiring managers looking to enhance their careers

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your management team. Stop putting on a fake facade when faced with associates, they see right through you and loose respect quickly....

Basic US corporate experience - nothing else

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, I met some very nice & talented people, the work was interesting & challenging

ConsYou need to brown-nose in order to advance, you need to drink the kook-aid in order to advance, so many people in upper management positions have worked here and NOWHERE else, so there is no other experience to draw from. There is no individuality. HR is useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would give advice, but nobody listens.

Great Company Committed to the Community

Finance Manager (Current Employee)

ProsUpper management is extremely intelligent and transparent in communication with associates from top to bottom.

Good pay and decent benefits.

The company is growing, which provides a great opportunity to learn with the business.

ConsExecutives sometimes seem as though they view associate opinions as worthless. Opinions from all levels should be respected and given proper consideration.

Advice to Senior ManagementA culture respecting all associates originates at the top. Lead by example to make it clear to all executives that all associates have valuable insight to share at times.

My experience has been a whirlwind of a ride.

IT Project Analyst (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsBusy, fast paced environment that keeps things exciting. Executive leadership is built on a foundation of outstanding business acumen. It is widely believed that having this company on your resume can be a real confidence booster in the future.

ConsThe focus on technology being revolutionary just isn't here. The jargon to, "Do more, with less," is everywhere which can be a bummer when you're being asked to take more responsibility but can't shed any old responsibilities to free up time for critical thinking. The, "Old guard," can squash new ideas with relative ease.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow is smooth, and smooth is fast. Just like the difference between accuracy and precision, there is a difference between speed and fast.

Microstrategy Team

Microstrategy (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsLot of challenges , Had very good innovative team ...Works hard ..

ConsNo appreciation.. upper management never appreciate for the hard work . Always want to do the way they want but not the way the technology suggest ...

Advice to Senior ManagementCome out of ur shell and think .... Use ur resources properly ... Give credit for good things

Worked for L Brands? Contribute to the Community!