L'Occitane Reviews

41 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
L'Occitane Directeur Exécutif, Président du Conseil d'Administration et Président Directeur Général Reinold Geiger
Reinold Geiger

Pros
  • Great products are easy to sell (in 21 reviews)

• AMAZING employee discount (40%) and free products with every new promotion (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Intimidating not inspiring upper management (in 20 reviews)

• Absolutely no work-life balance despite company claims (in 8 reviews)

Temporary

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at L'Occitane full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location free products employee discounts

Cons

Very Low Pay High Employee turnover Not open to suggestions

Advice to Management

Pay your employees decent salaries and maybe you'll keep the good ones

2. Sales associate

I have been working at L'Occitane part-time

Pros

It's a good company, staff is friendly, opportunities to move up.

Cons

Hours sometimes aren't good. Pay is low for such a demanding job.

Advice to Management

Bump pay up and be more realistic about daily goals.

3. Love the brand.....

I have been working at L'Occitane part-time

Pros

Gratis. Plant based. No parabens. Good brand idea.

Cons

Selling to Asian maket that requires animal testing, which goes against the heart of what Olivier believes in. Also the music played in the American stores is obnoxious at times. I'd rather hear silence or classical music because the songs infiltrate my dreams every night and distrupt my sleeping patterns (science). I would probably be higher up on the mood elevator if I had a music selection at work that did not have weird repetitive lyrics that made me crazy in the head. It was great when it was all high upbeat French, also the Brazilian mix was amazing, the 50% English is questionable and over half of it makes me want to cry in a corner because I have to hear it everyday.

Advice to Management

If you want your ants to sell your products, although the product sells its self, you NEED to give your employees an environment that PERSONALLY makes THEM happy. Customize my employee experience.

Upper management only cares about profit

I worked at L'Occitane part-time

Pros

Great gratis every campaign The store employees are awesome You meet great people

Cons

You can't have a life outside of work Part time employees run the stores

Advice to Management

Care about the employees not the profit

6. SALES DIRECTOR

Former Employee - Sales Director in France, ID
    Former Employee - Sales Director in France, ID

I worked at L'Occitane full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good brand, potential, good structure, management ok, salaries ok,

Cons

Independency needs to be improved

Advice to Management

trust your eployees

Complicated Relationship

Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at L'Occitane full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good bonus structure for all employees. Amazing product with results.

Cons

Poor work life balance. Operations in corporate are disorganized and lead to extra work for stores with already short deadlines. Poor learning and development department. Responsibilities fall on Store Manager to carry many hats including, product knowledge, floor moves, coaching, scheduling, transfers and a multitude of other tasks all while running on a small staff with little hours. Store Managers are on the sales floor about 75% of the time.

Advice to Management

Give stores more hours and cut from merchandising/marketing department by stopping daily print outs of memos and unnecessary updates with signage during a campaign. Prioritize events and floor moves to ensure store can support more staff on these days. Give staff more time and hours to plan inventory and transfers.

Generally a good place to work, but if you intend to move up in company, expect s long wait and a lot of excuses.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Monthly gratis of new products, flexible hours, great products, good environment.

Cons

Only 4 paid holidays (if you are Christian, be prepared to work major holidays), antiquated computer system, inconsistencies between districts, lack of reliable communication, not all stores allowed to ship, and unless you want to start at level 1 and wait it out to see if you can rise to management position, you'd better enter company as a manager first. Otherwise you'll hear a lot of promises, only to watch them hire from the outside every time there is an opening.

Advice to Management

Follow up on district managers to check on reliability and consistency. RMs need to know first hand who works the stores and gets the job done despite their DM.

Generally satisfied.

Pros

The pay at L'occitane is relatively high compared to other stores. Gratis and employee discount is also pretty generous. Small pretty boutiques makes it more relaxing.

Cons

Pressure on sales is too much. Lots of responsibilities and confusing marketing. Also not enough staffing.

Mediocre

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at L'Occitane part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent starting hourly rate. I would say gratis but every piece I've received is a scent that doesn't wear well on me so I end up gifting it anyway.

Cons

Long days even as a part-timer. When they hired me they presented the company in a completely different light than what it really is. They said they don't cold call and clientele but that was a lie. They push you to make unattainable goals and when you actually do exceed expectations you don't hear a positive word about it. Management is moody and NEVER works weekends. I've worked as a skin lead for almost ten years and make as much money as the other associates who know nothing about skin care and haven't even worked in retail before. The business has so much potential but it's like they have no idea what they're doing. This job would be ideal for someone that's only looking for a very part time position.

Advice to Management

Stop setting goals so high and pushing the wrong skin care on people. Let the product sell itself. Work weekends and nights!

11. A trip to Provence in your hometown

Former Employee - Full-Time Sales Associate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Full-Time Sales Associate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at L'Occitane full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was an honor working for this company. Beautiful environment, Product Education like opening a good book. Entrancing in the spell that is cast.

Cons

Better communication from between company and associates other than e-mail that is to be monitored thru out the day. Constant barrage of "events" that are no longer special, or create excitement. Consumers are jaded by this.

Advice to Management

The staff is human, as are the consumers and when you have someone who really loves the product and work nurture this and build from it. Unsettling manner in which customer challenges are handled. Have your teams back or they will not have yours. The customer is not always right. They are working out a frustration out on an individual who is powerless to defend themselves. In the pursuit for money in business one must draw the line as to where it is too much and becomes humiliation for the individual at any cost, so long as they are buying something. Tighten up on the disgusting returns. People should be ashamed but they never are. It is STEALING and the attitude is that "this is a big company can absorb it". That may be true but multiply that a thousand times and then you are not making money. I thank you for the Miraculous Product Olivier. You brought LIVING SOUL to those of us who understand.

RSS Feed </> Embed