L'Oréal

Updated November 18, 2014
3.2

L'Oréal Président-Directeur Général Jean-Paul Agon
Jean-Paul Agon

Pros
  • Very fast-paced environment, you will NEVER find yourself bored, or not know what to do next (in 14 reviews)

• Good attempts at work life balance with flexi hours implemented (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Intern may experience some pressure and difficulties to manage work-life balance (in 44 reviews)

• Long working hours, project with no decent planning & schedule, very unorganise, bad documentations (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Solid company to work for if you love challenges!

I have been working at L'Oréal

Pros

The entrepreneurial spirit; constant collaboration; allows for creativity and innovation; you can make your role as big as you want it to be which can be very empowering and motivating

Cons

Hierarchical culture means slow moving and indecisiveness; L'Oreal kids (who have only worked their) have a very warped sense of the outside world sometimes

90% of your success is learning how to manage personalities

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the top beauty brands in the world are under the L'Oreal umbrella

Cons

work lif balance is a challenge and opportunities are few and far between

L'Oréal Response

Nov 13, 2014Employer Branding Manager

We'd like to thank you for this review and are pleased you share the sentiment about the powerhouse of beauty brands under the L'Oreal umbrella. In the US we have launched a few policies in an ... More

My experience was horrible.

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern

I worked at L'Oréal as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There were no pros for this company.

Cons

It was a horrible experience.

L'Oréal Response

Nov 10, 2014Employer Branding Manager

We're deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your internship experience here at L'Oreal. While we do realize that L'Oreal is not always a perfect match for everyone - we do our best to provide hands-on ... More

The Devil Wears Prada - Two....(I agree with former post from June 4th 2014)!!!!!!

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I worked at L'Oréal full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Free products monthly for the little people. Yearly allowance for the *untouchables
    Great products
    Great to have on your resume

Cons

Unless you are French, handpicked by " a friend of an HR employee”, referred by a person who is a friend with HR or you’ve been picked by “HR” to be in the “Management Training Program “ (AKA “We can mold you into what we want”, and do not mind being a puppet)You will not matter!!!!!

*There seems to be secret unwritten rule that if you are an AVP or above (possibly a Director…depending if you’re a “ friend of HR”) you’ll never be fired from the company . You are an…. “untouchable”… REGARDLESS of any of the following:

Indiscretions,
    Obvious preferential treatment or favoritism,
    Taking no responsibility for mistakes made , only passing them off as other’s mistakes
    Not providing direct reports with proper or sufficient direction on projects, (which if given proper direction the above-mentioned point may not occur)
    Lack of people skills, which is reminiscent of the Devil Wear’s Prada
    Horrible time management skills, yet never an issue….
    Direct reports work there as* off and have the “boss” taking all the praise and credit
    Long hours with ZERO appreciation

If you have a voice, an opinion or a backbone....You will not be taken care off.

"Take care of your customers and employees and the profits will follow!!"

Start hiring executives that are real PEOPLE. People who are not robots! Who are not opportunistic, self serving egomaniacs!! Who not threatened by seeing their direct reports flourish and grow!!

Get a more Human And Resourceful team of HR professionals.....

Interesting to say the least

I worked at L'Oréal

Pros

Cool projects, some great co-workers, fantastic cafeteria.

Cons

Terrible ego problems, no space for upward mobility

planner

Former Employee - Planner in Florence, KY
    Former Employee - Planner in Florence, KY

I worked at L'Oréal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

they are good to their employee's as far as benefits, they do a lot of outside training, that is more culture training, which is nice they do, But when you get back to work, no one follows that training, so it eventually becomes a waste of time. . They also let you get involved in volunteering and giving back to the community.
      Their Human resource group is top notch, and very qood at what they do, Their manager actually sticks up for her group, so they are not afraid to learn and make mistakes. .

Cons

Excessively long hours, due to antiquated processes. Upper management throws tantrums, and ignores people if they made a mistake, Other employees stand offish, and just let you flail around if you are not sure how to do something. All people coming in are engineering majors so materials management is being handled like the building of a rocket, which ties materials hands to move quickly and respond to marketing's needs. All tasks are cumbersome and over analyzed. For every one result, there is about 15 tasks and 4 people involved, again slows down the ability and agility to respond quickly to get results for the customer.

It would be helpful to hire college interns that are material management majors, not engineering majors. The operations group needs to also be managed by experienced Operational people, not an engineering major who happened to over see a group of planners while closing down a plant.

Excellent

I have been working at L'Oréal

Pros

Flexibility of the days of the week.

Cons

Distance from home to travel

None

TEMP TO HIRE AT L'OREAL COMPANY

Former Employee - Logistics in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Logistics in Seattle, WA

I worked at L'Oréal as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

It is a great job because it is for such a big worldwide company

Cons

I Never got hired on, worked for one year and a few months with a promise almost every month of being hired on in about 6 weeks. I was in a position with other full time employees making about 5$ less an hour for doing the same work until they said they would not be hiring me on and let me go.

Stop the lies.

Internal Hurdles create more challenges

Current Employee - Key Account Manager
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company Perks, decent pay, very interesting product development. Changing market requires quick changes to meet demand.

Cons

Work/life balance, Senior Management is not in tune with challenges throughout organization

A great adventure with many learning opportunities

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time

Pros

Colleagues are friendly, the work style is very professional, and there is a true culture of excellence. I also appreciate the talent diversity.
    There's a strong culture of entrepreneurship. Individuals can really shape their own job to a certain degree.

Cons

Maybe getting more feedback would be helpful at some points during work, but normally when you ask for it you get it.