L'Oréal

L'Oréal Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

L'Oréal Président-Directeur Général Jean-Paul Agon

Jean-Paul Agon

Pros
  • Good attempts at work life balance with flexi hours implemented(in 7 reviews)

• Fast-paced environment - a day can pass by very fast(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work life balance, the company thinks that you need to devote 100% of your life to work(in 40 reviews)

• Long working hours, project with no decent planning & schedule, very unorganise, bad documentations(in 21 reviews)

Internal Hurdles create more challenges

Key Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompany Perks, decent pay, very interesting product development. Changing market requires quick changes to meet demand.

ConsWork/life balance, Senior Management is not in tune with challenges throughout organization

A great adventure with many learning opportunities

ProsColleagues are friendly, the work style is very professional, and there is a true culture of excellence. I also appreciate the talent diversity.
    There's a strong culture of entrepreneurship. Individuals can really shape their own job to a certain degree.

ConsMaybe getting more feedback would be helpful at some points during work, but normally when you ask for it you get it.

Great learning experience

Group Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsWorldwide brands, great marketing training. Opportunity to rotate internally to get exposure / learn from different business models. The company also evolves with the market - increasing emphasis on digital, continuous R&D. There is a lot of ownership for projects.

ConsWork - life balance could use improvement, especially in subsidiaries. As with many large companies, some politicking is necessary to get up.

Advice to Senior ManagementMarketing to external customers is great - but also listen to the internal market - the employees. While employee surveys are good, follow ups and actions on the results of the surveys could help. Give employees more time outside work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Understand what you have signed-up for!

Marketing (Former Employee)

Pros-Great Resume Builder
    -Some really intelligent Snr Management and able to learn and grow from
    -Marketplace respect of Brand Marketing and Media Budget
    -Great Benefits (401k, Equinox, Pension)

Cons-Be prepared to work very hard with little recognition and appreciation
    -Long hours and expectations to constantly check-in even when off
    -Lots of talk and little to no-portunity for cross brand or cross divisional moves. HR is useless.
    -Competitive coworkers and TOO MANY internal corporate politics
    -Other Snr Management will be threatened by young, smart, hungry go-getters and WILL throw you under the bus, keep you from spotlight or get rid of you.

Advice to Senior Management-Re-evaluate VP levels. Some are really great. Others are really awful with no care for their employees career development. They causing really smart young talent to RUN!
    -HR needs to help deliver on "Corporate Promises" - moving around company; explorere programs etc
    -Smaller brands operate like its 1980. They are decades beyond Mass and Luxury brands.

The Devil Wears Prada

Marketing (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFree perfume, cosmetics each month.

ConsHorrible work culture. If you are French then you will move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementMedieval times are over. We are all human.

Key Account Manager

Key Account Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe company has great people who you can learn a lot from. Very Passionate Sales Force.

ConsStressful and doesn't pay as well as it should.

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI liked working in a fast paced environment for one of the market leaders. Most people are higly qualified and very competitive. It is a relatively efficient organization.

ConsThe athmosphere is terrible with a competitiveness that has reached an all time level and thus people are not really collaborating. It can either boost you or truly demotivate you.

Disorganized

Creative Services Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsName recognition, job duties, challenging, creative, large company, trips, working with talented people, discount on products.

ConsWhen I was hired the company was going through a major overhaul. People were being hired and fired and positions combined. I was excited to have the job until I found out I would not recieve proper training. It was fine at first for I am a fast learner but since the girl who had my position previously had left on bad terms she left a lot of unfinished business that, naturally, my boss decided to blame on me since she no longer had her previous employee to blame. I took it in stride until my boss tried to not pay be for overtime. I had to wait an entire month to recieve my money and was fired for even requesting it!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not always right! What a surprise. People are hired to help you, allow them to do their jobs. Train when necessary. Relax!

L'Oreal is a vibrant company that pays great attention to their employees.

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly, helpful and enthusiastic group of employees
    Having the chance to try out different products.

ConsFast-paced, often require employees to think on their feet
    High turn-over rate, making it hard for people to work together efficiently

color educator

Color Educator (Current Employee) New York, NY

Proscreative, open door policy, upward opportunities

Consmust pay for your own education, snarky, lots of egos with management

Advice to Senior Managementcut out the ego, give others a chance!

Worked for L'Oréal? Contribute to the Community!