L'Oréal

L'Oréal Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

L'Oréal Président-Directeur Général Jean-Paul Agon

Jean-Paul Agon

Pros
  • Good attempts at work life balance with flexi hours implemented(in 7 reviews)

• Fast-paced environment - a day can pass by very fast(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work life balance, the company thinks that you need to devote 100% of your life to work(in 42 reviews)

• Long working hours, project with no decent planning & schedule, very unorganise, bad documentations(in 21 reviews)

Great long term experience in Latvia

Project Manager (Current Employee) Riga (Latvia)

ProsVery dynamic, good brands and products, strong corporate culture, fair treatment, all official taxation and salary (all on time), flexible work time, trainings and development for some positions. Chance to work on your own things, smart managers. Very smart colleagues.

ConsA lot of work, work more for young and without families (possible to arrange but not easy), strict and sometimes stupid procedures. Too much manager involvement sometimes, needs more trust.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore empowerement, less micro-management, more honesty and transparency, quicker decisions.

Supply chain internship

Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsMaany professional and economic benefits, it has been a very good experience for me as a person and as an engineer.
    L'Oréal pays for 50% of your transportation title, offers also free vans that transport you from your workplace to specific locations like Charles de Gaulle Etoile, the food is very good, you also get discounts for the café and the restaurant.
    Arrival hours are not very strict and everyone, even if they stay working until veyr late, look very happy to work on what they do.

ConsIt is not much of an engineering enterprise, main developments and career advancements can be made generally by people who work in marketing.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake interns more involved in management and decissional opportunities, since a manager profile is required for not having so much management opportunities in certain cases.

A great adventure with many learning opportunities

ProsColleagues are friendly, the work style is very professional, and there is a true culture of excellence. I also appreciate the talent diversity.
    There's a strong culture of entrepreneurship. Individuals can really shape their own job to a certain degree.

ConsMaybe getting more feedback would be helpful at some points during work, but normally when you ask for it you get it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Great team work handling the lebanese Market.

Outdoor Sales (Current Employee) Beirut (Lebanon)

ProsA Multinational company that hold a big Market share.

ConsTO have a bigger Market share versus the competitors.

Advice to Senior Managementcovering the Market over all categories.

Satisfied with the experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat culture, demanding but helpful environment, great place to learn new things every day. Excellent place to learn about managing brands, category management and sales processes. Open, friendly culture that puts employee welfare at the forefront. The company clearly trusts its employees and delegation works nicely. The company also has growing market/business potential with a likely bright future.

ConsCompensation relative to work-load. Everyone is extremely busy with a high workload so it's hard to get advice and help at times.

Great experience

Digital Director (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsInnovative, fast moving, young, fresh culture and forward thinking

ConsA little too hierarchical for my liking and you really need to be a French national to succeed.

A dream place to work!

Product Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing culture and ethics politics, interesting challenges and projects, friendly staff

ConsCan't see any cons. Everything was great!

Great place to work

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsYou are learning everyday something different, you are in touch with very interesting and intelligent people. The possibility of grow up in the company is real.

ConsMore than ten hours of work per day.

L'Oreal is a vibrant company that pays great attention to their employees.

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly, helpful and enthusiastic group of employees
    Having the chance to try out different products.

ConsFast-paced, often require employees to think on their feet
    High turn-over rate, making it hard for people to work together efficiently

Director

ProsOne of the best companies to be a creative person, you always have the chance to dream and fulfill

ConsFeedback, senior management is very distant from country management, goals are driven by finance and not by circumstance

Worked for L'Oréal? Contribute to the Community!