L'Oréal Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Interesting to say the least

I worked at L'Oréal

Pros

Cool projects, some great co-workers, fantastic cafeteria.

Cons

Terrible ego problems, no space for upward mobility

planner

Former Employee - Planner in Florence, KY
    Former Employee - Planner in Florence, KY

I worked at L'Oréal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they are good to their employee's as far as benefits, they do a lot of outside training, that is more culture training, which is nice they do, But when you get back to work, no one follows that training, so it eventually becomes a waste of time. . They also let you get involved in volunteering and giving back to the community. Their Human resource group is top notch, and very qood at what they do, Their manager actually sticks up for her group, so they are not afraid to learn and make mistakes. .

Cons

Excessively long hours, due to antiquated processes. Upper management throws tantrums, and ignores people if they made a mistake, Other employees stand offish, and just let you flail around if you are not sure how to do something. All people coming in are engineering majors so materials management is being handled like the building of a rocket, which ties materials hands to move quickly and respond to marketing's needs. All tasks are cumbersome and over analyzed. For every one result, there is about 15 tasks and 4 people involved, again slows down the ability and agility to respond quickly to get results for the customer.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful to hire college interns that are material management majors, not engineering majors. The operations group needs to also be managed by experienced Operational people, not an engineering major who happened to over see a group of planners while closing down a plant.

3. Excellent

I have been working at L'Oréal

Pros

Flexibility of the days of the week.

Cons

Distance from home to travel

Advice to Management

None

5. Internal Hurdles create more challenges

Current Employee - Key Account Manager
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company Perks, decent pay, very interesting product development. Changing market requires quick changes to meet demand.

Cons

Work/life balance, Senior Management is not in tune with challenges throughout organization

6. A great adventure with many learning opportunities

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time

Pros

Colleagues are friendly, the work style is very professional, and there is a true culture of excellence. I also appreciate the talent diversity. There's a strong culture of entrepreneurship. Individuals can really shape their own job to a certain degree.

Cons

Maybe getting more feedback would be helpful at some points during work, but normally when you ask for it you get it.

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Group Product Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Group Product Marketing Manager

I worked at L'Oréal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Worldwide brands, great marketing training. Opportunity to rotate internally to get exposure / learn from different business models. The company also evolves with the market - increasing emphasis on digital, continuous R&D. There is a lot of ownership for projects.

Cons

Work - life balance could use improvement, especially in subsidiaries. As with many large companies, some politicking is necessary to get up.

Advice to Management

Marketing to external customers is great - but also listen to the internal market - the employees. While employee surveys are good, follow ups and actions on the results of the surveys could help. Give employees more time outside work.

Understand what you have signed-up for!

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at L'Oréal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Great Resume Builder -Some really intelligent Snr Management and able to learn and grow from -Marketplace respect of Brand Marketing and Media Budget -Great Benefits (401k, Equinox, Pension)

Cons

-Be prepared to work very hard with little recognition and appreciation -Long hours and expectations to constantly check-in even when off -Lots of talk and little to no-portunity for cross brand or cross divisional moves. HR is useless. -Competitive coworkers and TOO MANY internal corporate politics -Other Snr Management will be threatened by young, smart, hungry go-getters and WILL throw you under the bus, keep you from spotlight or get rid of you.

Advice to Management

-Re-evaluate VP levels. Some are really great. Others are really awful with no care for their employees career development. They causing really smart young talent to RUN! -HR needs to help deliver on "Corporate Promises" - moving around company; explorere programs etc -Smaller brands operate like its 1980. They are decades beyond Mass and Luxury brands.

The Devil Wears Prada

Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at L'Oréal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free perfume, cosmetics each month.

Cons

Horrible work culture. If you are French then you will move up.

Advice to Management

Medieval times are over. We are all human.

Key Account Manager

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has great people who you can learn a lot from. Very Passionate Sales Force.

Cons

Stressful and doesn't pay as well as it should.

Disorganized

Current Employee - Creative Services Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Creative Services Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Name recognition, job duties, challenging, creative, large company, trips, working with talented people, discount on products.

Cons

When I was hired the company was going through a major overhaul. People were being hired and fired and positions combined. I was excited to have the job until I found out I would not recieve proper training. It was fine at first for I am a fast learner but since the girl who had my position previously had left on bad terms she left a lot of unfinished business that, naturally, my boss decided to blame on me since she no longer had her previous employee to blame. I took it in stride until my boss tried to not pay be for overtime. I had to wait an entire month to recieve my money and was fired for even requesting it!

Advice to Management

You are not always right! What a surprise. People are hired to help you, allow them to do their jobs. Train when necessary. Relax!

RSS Feed </> Embed