L'Oréal USA

Updated January 25, 2015
3.2

L'Oréal USA President and CEO Frederic Roze
Frederic Roze

Pros
  • Also great benefits and pay which they have to provide since the expected hours are so long (in 31 reviews)

• Growth can be very limited, but you can learn a lot about the industry (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance, need to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment (in 63 reviews)

• Too frenetic, hard to affect change, no work/life balance (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

L'Oreal is a good company

Current Employee - Planning Manager in Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Current Employee - Planning Manager in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I have been working at L'Oréal USA

Pros

Good colleagues, everyone is very friendly, good direct management, company provides excellent benefits including an employee shuttle to NY satellite HQ in New Jersey, abiltity to work from home when needed plus yearly bonus and profit sharing

Cons

Many in the New York headquarters regard the New Jersey satellite headquarters as "those people out in the boonies" and carry that attitude in their decision making.

Demanding

I worked at L'Oréal USA

Pros

Great experience and people know what they are doing

Cons

very busy, moody women, dont look forward to waking up and going to work

Great place to work hard

I have been working at L'Oréal USA

Pros

Entrepreneurial, collaborative, nice people, good perks, good culture

Cons

Crazy hours, workload, fast trackers, progression for support functions

Appreciate the support functions more

Great experience

Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at L'Oréal USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

personal and professional growth. Company promotes job rotation and enlargement.

Cons

The Compensation could be better.

Love this company!

I have been working at L'Oréal USA

Pros

The company is filled with talented people. You will work really hard, but you will grow and learn a lot. The pace is very quick, so if you are not organized, don't have a strong work ethic or don't want to long hours you will not be happy here. That being said, the company allows you to bring ideas to the table and run with them to see if they will work. Great company. I love working here.

Cons

Promotions are hard to come by if you are a field employee who is not willing to more. Work life balance can be difficult as everything is urgent and important and it never stops!!

Multi-national Treasure

I have been working at L'Oréal USA

Pros

L'Oreal has many different companies that allows you many opportunities.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to keep a work life balance.

Learned a lot, but it is grind

Former Employee - Packaging Engineer in Clark, NJ
    Former Employee - Packaging Engineer in Clark, NJ

I worked at L'Oréal USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people in their positions that have been their a while have a wealth of technical and work experience to share
    You are given a workload that is difficult to manage, but gives you experience that you rarely receive elsewhere in that time period
    You are given autonomy for your projects until something goes wrong
    the amount of holidays and work from home days are very helpful
    Benefits are very good

Cons

Your workload has a tendency to get very heavy the better you perform.
    Raises prior to becoming a manger are insignificant
    While it won't be directly said, being french is definitely a plus
    Marketing rules the world and you will know that pretty quickly as you better become good at CYA
    Advancement is ultimately in the hands of 3 levels above you who don't interact with you day to day. I

Taste 2015 Marketing Internship

I have been working at L'Oréal USA

Pros

Lots of interaction with current employees. A sense that L'Oreal is a fun company that nurtures employees and values its interns.

Cons

Way too involved for an internship hiring process. I felt like it generated more nervousness than was necessary. My friend got into Harvard grad school with less critique. By the end I was so tired that I'm not sure my passion and dedication to the industry shined in the actual final interview or that they ever really got to know who I am. Also a disproportionate number of rich girls who have never worked a real job and were only interested because it seemed "cool". This is my life and for them it just seems like something fun to do in the summer. For the company to be so selective, I was shocked out how many people seemed like sorority girl clones.

Do more screening before the final selections and the event. I felt like they should do more one-on-one interviews first and the final event should be more of an orientation and placing actual selected interns with brands. I kept hearing people say they felt like it was "The Hunger Games" and I agree, Hard to get lost again in the crowd after putting so much into the initial application. Also the company prides itself on being pro-diversity, yet I didn't see much representation for the ethnic brands in the company's portfolio. Do those companies even get interns?

Excellent experience in so many regards. Creative, inspiring and passionate.

I have been working at L'Oréal USA

Pros

People, people, people. Creative company with great passion. Room to be who you are. Room to fail and you are still valued.

Cons

Work life balance. Part time job without penalty of losing benefits a huge point of dissatisfaction. Work from home policy and flexible options in the stone age. Lack of clarity re: future progression and movement into next roles a big negative.

Improve flexibility options for working remotely. Work life balance still a huge opportunity for L'Oreal. Need for greater clarity on promotions, leadership opportunities and promotions!

Marketing intern

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at L'Oréal USA

Pros

Fun and engaging events for interns. Chance to meet upper management. Free beauty products and discounts at company store. Given work that is atleast somewhat tied to the business.

Cons

Lack of clear expectations communicated by management makes daily work a guessing game. Success in the program depends largely on being lucky enough to be placed with an experienced and competent manager.

Its a huge established cog company, so processes are somewhat archaic and more innovative marketing practices are rejected. Seemed very behind on digital marketing practices and I question how this will affect the business ten years down the line.

Not a culture that promotes intelligent self starters. Success here appeared to be largely a popularity contest, where the judges were highly bubbly ex sorority girls from bottom feeder universities. Found it to be highly cliquey, although with some good people as well.

More transparency about expectations is needed between managers and interns