L'auberge du Lac

Be The First To
Add Photos

Anthony Sanfilippo

Good benefits and Good Pay

Full Floor Supervisor (Current Employee)
Lake Charles, LA

I have been working at L'auberge du Lac full-time for more than a year

ProsFun and exciting. Always meeting new people, accessible management, decent pay and benefits and vacation. Has a very family like atmosphere with peers and co-workers.

Cons40 hour work week is okay, but you loose weekends and holidays. They don't always train you well, but if you've done the job once then you've done it a hundred times.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on consistency from shift to shift.

This was a very entertaining place to work!

Table Games Dealer (Former Employee)

I worked at L'auberge du Lac part-time for more than 5 years

ProsI liked the ability to transfer to other departments and that I was offered full time employment with great medical, dental and vision benefits.

ConsI worked all weekends and rarely got them off.

Great company to work for, but advancement opportunities limited to those who are in the cliques (close to management)

Casino Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at L'auberge du Lac full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFun, exciting, and fast-paced atmosphere.

ConsThere are occasional advancement opportunities, but there are often too may internal applicants and the positions are generally given to those close to or in management's clique.

Bulk of work and company earnings produced by line level employees but rewards & performance incentives are reserved for management only.

Dual-Rate Deal/Supervisors pay is low $19.00/hour compared to $21-$24 at teh other local casinos

Full Floor pay ranges from $19.50-$21.50 depending on game knowledge again below the local averages.

Advice to Senior Management1. Think about your employees when paying out bonuses. Come up with a rewards & incentive program to reward employees.

2. Create a program to develop employees that want to grow. Cross-training opportunities across departments to prepare employees for supervisory and management roles (fast-track program)

Networking is a must!

I have been working at L'auberge du Lac

ProsCan expect a consist check with normalcy in hours. Gain experience working with diverse groups of people and servicing many people as well.

ConsAlthough the company employees nearly 2,000 workers and there should be plenty of opportunity for advancement, Job vacancies are rarely posted for internal employees to apply too, jobs are are given to the know, so networking and knowing the right people can get progress your career quicker than being the hardest or best worker.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a real program to develop internal employees one in which employees can be recommended by a Supervisor or Manager or an interested employee can apply for training to develop the necessary skills to advance within the company!

Overall good, but some downsides

Latte/Dessert Attendant (Former Employee)
Lake Charles, LA

I worked at L'auberge du Lac part-time for less than a year

ProsHours are flexible and managers are more than willing to work around your schedule-Good for students
Lots of hours, plus tips in some positions. If you are good at your job and nice to people, you can make lots of extra money.
There is a cafeteria for employees, so you don't have to worry about finding something to eat on your break.
You get a discount on some items in the retail shops.

ConsSome shifts are long-8 hours or more
You ALWAYS have to work on holidays. Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Easter, pretty much all of them.
The uniforms are rather uncomfortable and, in my opinion, unattractive, in some positions.

Great place to work for college student.

Valet (Current Employee)

I have been working at L'auberge du Lac

ProsThe job is easy and your schedule can be adapted to fit your class schedule. The tips are fantastic if you are good at your job.

ConsPromotions are available, but competition is stiff. The valet job requires a lot of physical effort, as well as working out in the weather.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe main issue I always had were the uniforms making the job harder. I understand that they have to cut cost on uniforms to save money, but often times the uniforms did not have enough pockets or made employees hot.

Not good

I have been working at L'auberge du Lac

ProsMoney was what kept me there.

ConsWe work every holiday and storm.

Constantly Changing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at L'auberge du Lac

ProsBeing able to create a unique Customer Experience Daily

ConsEvery Day is Different - Consistency is needed in process and communication of changes to Operating Departments

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain and Promote Qualified Candidates

Fast Pace and rewarding!!!!!

Count Team (Current Employee)

I have been working at L'auberge du Lac

ProsStill guaranteed hours daily if on time and finish before 8 hour shift completed.
Earn PTO after 90 days.
Great benefits. Medical and vision insurance. 401k program.
Early morning shifts and 1 weekend off a month.
Employee Appreciation events monthly.

ConsStaffing shortage at times.
Salary could be better for responsibilities.
Lack of communication between departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack of the house employees are just as important as those on the front line and often are forgotten.

alright

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at L'auberge du Lac

Prosbenefits were decent
coworkers were always fun and entertaining
management usually listened to advice

Consno advancement opportunities
pay is nothing to be excited about
drunk customers always blaming you for their losses

Advice to Senior Managementdoing a good job

Worked for L'auberge du Lac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L'auberge du Lac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for L'auberge du Lac CEO Anthony Sanfilippo. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by L'auberge du Lac employees.