LA Quinta Reviews

114 reviews filtered by
3.5
LA Quinta President and CEO Wayne B. Goldberg
Wayne B. Goldberg

Pros
  • Fun and customer-focused corporate team and balanced family-oriented culture (in 4 reviews)

• General Manager and Owner that both are good people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the company is cloud based and most services are outsourced, there is little opportunity for advancement (in 6 reviews)

• Front desk expected to do everything after 4pm (in 10 reviews)

Great College Job

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Austin, TX

I have been working at LA Quinta full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, the company takes care of you, it's easy to work full time and keep good grades while in school full time.

Cons

Very few. Generally the biggest cons come from drunk and disorderly guests, not from within the company.

There's not much to add. La Quinta is one of the better chains in the business to work for.

2. Great Company

I have been working at LA Quinta

Pros

People oriented company and very professional

Cons

Do not really have any Cons

3. I have been working for LaQuinta for 13 Years FDSR II (Front Desk Supervisor)

Current Employee - FDSR II ( FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR ) in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - FDSR II ( FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR ) in Houston, TX

I have been working at LA Quinta full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The staff is really nice we try our best to satisfy the guests. We all work well together.

Cons

The pay is not good for this location. We all work very hard. Other LQ'S pay more. No room for advancement. FDSR II ( Front Desk Supervisor ) is the highest one can go. I worked here for 13 years. Which I am. The pay is only at $12.64. Seems like you have to quit and get rehire to get a decent pay increase at LaQuinta

We have a lot of long term employees at our location. They should do a accurate wage survey on surrounding hotels in the area. If we did not have a very nice manager I'm pretty sure most of us would have left the company for another hotel chain.

5. Lots of hours - great company

I worked at LA Quinta

Pros

Pay, benefits, travel, corporate card

Cons

At the mercy of staff

Hold people accountable and be tough

6. Great intro to Hospitality

Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Casper, WY
    Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Casper, WY

I worked at LA Quinta part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great for entering and familiarizing yourself with hospitality. Being in a state with a major highway, we saw a lot of people and a wide variety at that. The one I worked at was a franchise, so I can truly only speak for the hotels in Wyoming and Colorado when I say the management was incredibly caring about my coworkers and I when we had family emergencies or school trips (High school and college alike). There was a bit of room within the hotel staff for growth, there weren't too many higher positions to move into, but my manager was willing to recommend transfers for anyone. Coworkers and GM were always in contact.

Cons

Again, not much room for growth and it takes a while before you're available for a raise of any sort. Some coworkers were incredibly difficult to work with, always depends on where you apply. You tend to see the worst in a lot of people and they always expect you to be able to work the magic when, like many other places, you can only do so much.

Compensation is likely something to work on as well as the work-life balance. I was working a lot for part-time and not given a chance to move into full time.

7. My experience working at La Quinta is learning the routine of the hotel industry.

Current Employee - Housekeeping in Jessup, MD
    Current Employee - Housekeeping in Jessup, MD

I have been working at LA Quinta

Pros

La Quinta is a business hotel. Most of out guest stay for longer periods of time. I love getting to know these guests and what they do while they are here in Maryland. I also love the breakfast that us employees get to utilize.

Cons

Because it is a smaller hotel, it is very hard to get promoted or more forth within the company. Also its part time and I have been wanting full time. I want to learn more to get more hours but have not been able to.

I would like to be trained on the front desk in case you have call outs or just need an extra helping hand.

8. La Quinta

I have been working at LA Quinta

Pros

A great company to work for that really values their employees. Culture is about having fun and working hard.

Cons

No cons-best hotel company I've ever worked for.

9. Front Desk Agent Review

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in San Antonio, TX

I worked at LA Quinta full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for a franchise location, so obviously each franchise is different. I really enjoyed working for my GM, so that kept me there for quite a while. Also, as a college student, I was able to do my homework and study on slow nights. Through this job, I was able to enhance my customer service skills on the telephone and in person. It depends on the ownership, but I was allowed a lot of freedom and responsibility, which I really enjoyed.

Cons

The ownership for my particular franchise was very unorganized. For very low pay, I was completely responsible for day to day operations. Although I gained a lot of experience, the compensation was far from justified. The owner also did not like to spend money on upgrades, making our jobs a little more difficult because things would break down and we would have to find ways to work around it. No paid vacations, no paid time off, and no holiday pay.

10. Average place to work

Current Employee - General Manager in La Quinta, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in La Quinta, CA

I have been working at LA Quinta

Pros

Autonomy. Nice people to work for.

Cons

Does not put money into property

Spend some money

11. Global Sales Manager

I worked at LA Quinta

Pros

Work schedule flexibility and opportunity to learn as much about the hotel industry as you desire

Cons

There are not too many cons overall a positive place if you choose to make it positive