LA Quinta Reviews

Reset
3.4
LA Quinta President and CEO Wayne B. Goldberg
Wayne B. Goldberg

Pros
  • Fun and customer-focused corporate team and balanced family-oriented culture (in 4 reviews)

• General Manager and Owner that both are good people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the company is cloud based and most services are outsourced, there is little opportunity for advancement (in 6 reviews)

• Front desk expected to do everything after 4pm (in 10 reviews)

1. Front Desk Attendant

Former Employee - Front Desk Attendant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Attendant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at LA Quinta part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Varied customer interaction. Lots of different projects to keep busy during the day. Flexible schedule options. Rate discounts for employees.

Cons

Being understaffed on high occupancy nights. Not getting sufficient training up front and being thrown into the fray. No real opportunity to advance unless you change locations. Security not always present at night to buildings open to the public.

Advice to Management

Compensate the dedicated trained people you have so they stay on to train other employees. Keep scheduling open to everyone so misunderstandings do not occur. Training should include the basics and procedure manuals available to all for everything else.

2. Laundry aide/ Room Attandant

Current Employee - Laundry Aide/Room Attendant
    Current Employee - Laundry Aide/Room Attendant

I have been working at LA Quinta part-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun, nice, respectful, an honest

Cons

the guest are rude when your nice to them

Great Experience, Mostly

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at LA Quinta full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is always seeking to improve, always reaching for excellence. There are plenty of opportunities to grow as a person and develop new skills. La Quinta guests are mostly easy-going. They just want a clean, comfortable room and to be treated with kindness and respect.

Cons

The hospitality environment can be chaotic at times. You are expected to take care of the guest in front of you, answer the phone within 3 rings, and do whatever needs to be done to make sure guests have a positive experience at your hotel. It is not uncommon to be juggling several of these activities at once.

5. Positive work environment gross job.

Former Employee - Room Attendant in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Room Attendant in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at LA Quinta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Set schedule. No late hours. Positive management. Everyone got a long well. Time and half on holidays and paid vacation.

Cons

Cleaning disgusting things that housekeepers in hospitals don't even have to clean since nurses clean it. A lot of work for little pay. Since it is on the lower end of the hospitality business you deal with a completely different demographic of customers then you would with a 4 star hotel. Be prepared to clean human feces out of beds and smeared around toilet lid. Customers deliberately ignore you when you greet them (majority). You and your cart are an eye sore to them and they have no problem expressing it. High high high turn over rate!

6. LA Quinta, Monterey

Current Employee - Front Desk in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LA Quinta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The interaction and meeting new people from all over the world. Its in a beautiful area and is close by the ocean.

Cons

Working by yourself can get challenging if there are multiple guest issues that arise.

Advice to Management

My only advice currently is to keep the lines of communication open and provide resources to empower the employees and keep a positive work environment.

7. They say "front desk"

Current Employee - FDSR
    Current Employee - FDSR

I have been working at LA Quinta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with the business about four months now, my manager is a very easy person to get along with but hardly ever at work. I have a infant child so I am off on weekends most of the times but when I work I am doing almost everything

Cons

Housekeeping sucks front desk has to do their job and we are understaffed more than likely on a really swamped day...

Advice to Management

Stop looking at apps and hire more employees our business would be so much better.

Night Auditor

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at LA Quinta part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

meeting new people helping them with they stay at the hotel. In the office i love learning the paper work, different things.

Cons

i work at night and on the weekends and i have a child would love to work in the day time and home at night and off on the weekend.

Advice to Management

I'm vary big on training in any shape or form. love learning things new

Front desk rep

I worked at LA Quinta

Pros

People were great. fellow coworkers were good. management was a little tough to work with. old system but not to hard to learn.

Cons

management communication was odd, system used was very old and easy to make mistakes on. hours were long with no lunch break had to eat on the job many times.

10. Breakfast

Current Employee - Breakfast in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Breakfast in Midland, TX

I have been working at LA Quinta full-time

Pros

I like helping the guest have a great enjoyable stay.

Cons

Lack of professionalism with management. At times it can seem like there's no management at all EXPECIALLY on the weekends.

Advice to Management

Needs to be more available on weekends. Punishment needs to be to in forced with all employees.

Great Company, but Hard to Advance

Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at LA Quinta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for 3 great managers and 1 terrible one. The terrible one was eventually transferred and then terminated. The great ones set a really high standard of how the properties should be run, and they wouldn't ask anything of you that they wouldn't do themselves.

Cons

As a Front Office Manager, it was difficult to be on call as much as the GM, especially when the pay was not the greatest. It is also hard to move up in the company. I applied for AGM three separate times. The first time, I can say in hindsight, I was not ready. But the other two times I was prepared and had amazing feedback from my GM, but the RVP decided to hire external applicants. After the third attempt, I was quickly hired as an AGM for a property under another chain.

Advice to Management

The corporate office needs to give more support to their GMs (especially in properties that haven't seen renovations in awhile, if ever). More opportunities should be given to promote from within. This is how you attract, and retain good employees!

RSS Feed </> Embed