LA Quinta Reviews

Reset
3.3
LA Quinta President and CEO Wayne B. Goldberg
Wayne B. Goldberg

Pros
  • Fun and customer-focused corporate team and balanced family-oriented culture (in 4 reviews)

• General Manager and Owner that both are good people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the company is cloud based and most services are outsourced, there is little opportunity for advancement (in 6 reviews)

• Front desk expected to do everything after 4pm (in 10 reviews)

1. LA Quinta, Monterey

Current Employee - Front Desk in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LA Quinta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The interaction and meeting new people from all over the world. Its in a beautiful area and is close by the ocean.

Cons

Working by yourself can get challenging if there are multiple guest issues that arise.

Advice to Management

My only advice currently is to keep the lines of communication open and provide resources to empower the employees and keep a positive work environment.

2. Great Experience, Mostly

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at LA Quinta full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is always seeking to improve, always reaching for excellence. There are plenty of opportunities to grow as a person and develop new skills. La Quinta guests are mostly easy-going. They just want a clean, comfortable room and to be treated with kindness and respect.

Cons

The hospitality environment can be chaotic at times. You are expected to take care of the guest in front of you, answer the phone within 3 rings, and do whatever needs to be done to make sure guests have a positive experience at your hotel. It is not uncommon to be juggling several of these activities at once.

3. Night Auditor

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at LA Quinta part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

meeting new people helping them with they stay at the hotel. In the office i love learning the paper work, different things.

Cons

i work at night and on the weekends and i have a child would love to work in the day time and home at night and off on the weekend.

Advice to Management

I'm vary big on training in any shape or form. love learning things new

5. Great Company, but Hard to Advance

Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at LA Quinta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for 3 great managers and 1 terrible one. The terrible one was eventually transferred and then terminated. The great ones set a really high standard of how the properties should be run, and they wouldn't ask anything of you that they wouldn't do themselves.

Cons

As a Front Office Manager, it was difficult to be on call as much as the GM, especially when the pay was not the greatest. It is also hard to move up in the company. I applied for AGM three separate times. The first time, I can say in hindsight, I was not ready. But the other two times I was prepared and had amazing feedback from my GM, but the RVP decided to hire external applicants. After the third attempt, I was quickly hired as an AGM for a property under another chain.

Advice to Management

The corporate office needs to give more support to their GMs (especially in properties that haven't seen renovations in awhile, if ever). More opportunities should be given to promote from within. This is how you attract, and retain good employees!

Front office manager

Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Collinsville, IL
    Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Collinsville, IL

I have been working at LA Quinta

Pros

fun and easy going environment, easy computer program

Cons

pet policy needs to be revamped

7. Just a job

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at LA Quinta

Pros

I guess the only good thing is the fact that I had a job.

Cons

Pay, benefits, culture, not too much that is good about the company.

8. ok

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I worked at LA Quinta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You never have a problem with your paycheck not being

Cons

Negligence where they had water inb the laundry and she refuse to pay me my workman comp I had to sue their company.

Advice to Management

Stopn expecting the works to do what you all can do it's impossible to clean a entire room in 20 minutes, correctly

9. Good

I worked at LA Quinta part-time

Pros

Great environment to work in

Cons

Sometimes it was overwhelming with school

10. Customer service

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Night Auditor in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at LA Quinta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mike is very nice to work for. He puts you in a job that he feels best.

Cons

Mike is not a hands on boss. The employees take over the hotel.

11. Good Work Enviroment

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Saint George, UT
    Former Employee - Housekeeper in Saint George, UT

I worked at LA Quinta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly coworkers, easy to get along with and I thought they were great. The job is very straight-forward so you pretty much know exactly what you're supposed to do, and there's a system that they teach you, using videos and then instruction. If you are one of the last people to finish your rooms, then they will usually send other housekeepers to help you, and if you finish early they will probably send you to help someone else. It works out because you get help when you're the last one there and really tired, or you get more hours in by helping the other housekeepers, and I liked that aspect of the job.

Cons

The job is fast-paced and not for the faint of heart. There were a lot of people there who were hired and then quit in the first week because they couldn't handle it. It's manual labor, and there are a lot of rooms, so if you work there, expect to actually get work done. The people there are willing to help you but don't expect them to pull your weight. Some days can feel very long. You probably won't get a lot of tips left in the rooms unless you are on the first floor (no idea why that is.) You are expected to clean the rooms within a set time period, regardless of how many beds are in each room, or how messy the rooms are, or how often you have to go to the laundry room because you ran out of something. I didn't interact with management that often, but got the impression that they pressured our supervisors a lot. Some of the people there do not speak much English, which can make it difficult to communicate sometimes, but it isn't necessarily a con because they are very nice and the miming we had to do to communicate was amusing sometimes.

Advice to Management

Chill out with the time limit and take into account the amount of time that is spent loading and unloading the carts. No one is going to get a checkout done at 9:30 if they started at 9:15 because of the time spent loading the cart. Realize that the housekeepers are basically the foundation of the hotel, because without clean rooms you won't get paying customers.

RSS Feed </> Embed