LA Quinta

Be The First To
Add Photos

LA Quinta President and CEO Wayne B. Goldberg

Wayne B. Goldberg

Pros
  • Fun and customer-focused corporate team and balanced family-oriented culture (in 3 reviews)

• There are some great people that work for this company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The front desk workers had to run the entire hotel so he could go do what he wanted (in 7 reviews)

• Long Hours and horrible treatment by the company as a whole (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Very Poor Management! Stressful! RVP's are negative and rude hostile work environment!

ProsThe staff, guests, Manager at hotel level. Pride in doing your best.

ConsHorrible restrictions on housekeepers
    Keep adding useless training programs they call "Belts" all employees think it a joke. Corp. Run hotels are horrible. RVP's are very negative I'm surprised upper Mgmt is still in place. I would star clear of La Quinta they preach core values but it's a lie at property level! Mgmt keeps cutting labor but keeps adding more work on all employees!

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace RVP's and get rid of minutes per room policy . yes they actually yell if you go over your minutes. Get rid of BELTS program! It was created by males who think karate is cute! You pay close to minium wage and keep adding stupid programs every month! Very sad!

Great place to start.

Front Desk Service Representative (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat atmosphere, good for starting and gaining experience in hospitality, you learn many needed hotel procedures and software with ease.

ConsMay become stressfull at times, pay isnt all that great with no experience. When busy very difficult to take a break.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to management.

Great company, needs to invest more in their employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe owners are very nice, kind, and give bonuses.

ConsLate hours, no security for front desk agents.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees and provide your hotel with security both for the guests and the employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The work is not worth the pay or benefits

Front Desk Service Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMeet interesting people and create networking opportunities on a daily basis. Enough downtime to study for school.

ConsThe pay or benefits package is not working the headache you get when having to deal with irate customers and fellow employees. Fellow employees did not know how to stay in their respective position with it was a FDSR trying to be management or and supervisor of a particular department trying to run another department.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more visible to guest as well as the employees. Conduct more meetings to encourage and promote a better working atmosphere for the employees.

Indeed, there is potential here...and I wish you well

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsA helpful, optimistic, we're here for you corporate culture that permeates the corporate office
    Overall, remarkably kind, generous and sweet people that care for the guests and for each other
    Nice office with covered parking with great views
    Highly talented people working with very tight capital constraints

ConsBlackstone still has its hooks in LQ and due to the massive debt they've saddled the company with....corporate office is understaffed and long hours happen
    Corporate culture can be a bit silly/doofy - a little lowest common denominator
    Company lacks scale - easily acquired by a larger competitor

Advice to Senior ManagementEnhance management training and coaching for staff at VP and above
    Implement 360 reviews above manager level
    Hire more staff

excellent learn a lot

Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Prosa lot of opportunity, to grow and advance my career

Consapproving my skills to advance

Advice to Senior Managementhad good experiences

La Quinta Employee

House Keeping (Current Employee) Saint George, UT

ProsLots of different positions available. Nice people to work with and with working in a hotel, you get to meet a lot of different people.

ConsNot a lot of advancement opportunities.

People are not their first priority

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOther GM's are great
    Good employees
    Guests can be great

ConsRVP's and upper level management are self serving and only care about their bonuses

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen multiple GM's tell you budgets won't work listen to them. Increase the number of hours for labor standards for housekeeping and maintenance departments. Pay hourly employees a living wage.

People are at the top of your list of core values yet you treat management and hourly employees poorly. You don't pay hourly employees nearly enough for the job you expect them to do. As a GM I constantly struggled to keep any of my best employees because my Manager would not approve a decent wage.

You should also put your guests first by providing accomodations that are worth what is charged for rooms. I was charging 15-20 dollars more than comparable hotels that have been renovated in the last 3-5 years when my hotel hadn't had a renovation in over 12 years.

Excellent Company by All Aspects

Corporate Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe company culture and values are amazing and the best part is that the leadership team lives the values each and every day. The commitment to our military and military spouses is also something which makes me proud to be part of this company. For example, the CEO provided all corporate employees the Friday before Memorial Day off to do something of their choosing, large or small, to give back to our military or military spouses.

ConsLean staff, but frankly, I would rather work with fewer "A" players than a large number of sub par team mates.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Horrible

Front Desk Service Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe guests who checked in were amazing, the coworkers were nice to

ConsThe Management is very cheap. They don't care about the people who work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring about your cliental and people who work for you.

Worked for LA Quinta? Contribute to the Community!