LANDesk

LANDesk Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

LANDesk President and CEO Steve Daly

Steve Daly

Pros
  • There are some great people there with a lot of talent to offer(in 7 reviews)

• The product is an IT product, and the company is growing(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • While working there, there was a lot of tension and there were numerous complaints about certain senior management in Sales and Marketing(in 3 reviews)

• Lack of leadership and investment in the people(in 2 reviews)

Wonderful company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) South Jordan, UT

ProsEveryone here is friendly and hardworking. Honestly, it feels like a big family here. They frequently bring in food and have snacks on hand for employees. They are very flexible with schedules, as long as work is being completed. Management is hard working and truly has a vision for the company.

ConsNot many. Maybe more goal focused.

Software Development Intern

Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat work environment, coworkers were friendly and my supervisor was pretty lenient on when our work got done as long as we were working.

ConsNot a diverse amount of work to be done. While my time there was short I was pretty much doing similar work the whole time.

Company is good - Management is disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sandy, UT

ProsCompany is growing steadily. Product continues to sale, and company is positioned strongly to continue viability. Lots of bright and talented individuals currently work here.

ConsNo individual growth from within. Management says that they have a goal to foster internal development and career paths, but then offers no support or training and will not promote from within the company.
    Very much a "good ol' boys club."

Advice to Senior ManagementProve that you want to develop employees. Take action on your words.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Leadership out for themselves. Do not trust them!

Software Engineerng (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood software. Not great but good enough.

ConsNo MAC support and none coming! Only worried about how big they can make the company not about the products or people. VP and above only concerned with how they can get rich. Good old boy network. If you are in it you will be rewarded. If you are not, you will pay a big price. Will stab you to get what they want for the people in the network.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your number one asset, your people. They are only out to make their wallet fatter not their employees. Stop worrying about how big your pay check is and help you people make money. Your pay will go up with theirs.

LANDesk offers exciting opportunities

Marketing (Former Employee) South Jordan, UT

ProsGood benefits and time off. Great technology and happy customers. Motivated sales force. Smart and fun marketing peers.

ConsChallenges with consistency of strategic direction being shared consistently with the rank and file or the everyday workers feeling they understood the plan. Lack of incentive plan for general employees. Looks like management stands to make money when company is sold but not all with benefit.

Disappointing Experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) South Jordan, UT

ProsCompany is financial secure with potential for exciting growth.

ConsTerrible internal politics that have cost good people jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing politics.

A growing company with a lot to offer

Senior Order Entry Specialist (Current Employee) Sandy, UT

ProsThe company is growing in the fast paced software industry. Company has potential for long term growth and stability

ConsManagement does not promote from within very well

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize current resources better to retain talent and foster employee growth.

Great environment- strong products- lots of smart, qualified employees

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) South Jordan, UT

ProsStrong sense of cohesion and cooperation. Management respects employees and practices a more hands off approach. Quality products. Great employees. Nice environment. Respects the employees time and doesn't ask too much of them.

ConsNot as big of a company/market share as the products warrant

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep expanding- there are many users out there who really could benefit from using our products.

Great Atmosphere!!!

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) South Jordan, UT

ProsLandesk offers a great culture and environment to work in. Coming to work everyday is a pleasure. They offer great benefits.

ConsNo cons - Everyday working to make it a better place.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work ... You have made Landesk a great place to work.

Friendly, respectful, tolerant

Software Engineer (Current Employee) South Jordan, UT

ProsWork to personal life ratio very good. Running agile scrum model. Value innovation, questioning the status quo. Open to any suggestions. Very approachable senior management

ConsNo profit sharing, cube farm is terrible, would be better to have them move office building to more central location that have restaurants.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfit sharing, bonus.

Worked for LANDesk? Contribute to the Community!