LBI International

LBI International Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

LBI International CEO Luke Taylor

Luke Taylor

Great workplace very fresh and productive

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat co workers responsible friendly upper managament very easy to work

ConsLong distance hence my commute was a hastle but other wise had a great time

Good, solid agency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood mix of people, senior and junior, opportunities to grow, decent brand portfolio.

ConsTypical agency process challenges, some frustration with lack of best practices.

Great enviroment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people to work with

ConsOrganization, the lower levels are not appreciated

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to grow

Management Supervisor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsEntrepreneurial, great leadership, great people

ConsLack of well-defined processes, especially in project management and creative

Now called MRY in the US, and LBi Digitas everywhere else, so wait til next year to really know how it turns out.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFun, young, happy go lucky.

ConsHard to define, less brand recognition in the US.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on a direction, don't try to be everything to everyone! Be more visible, more part of the company, sit with the people, and get some white boards in the work spaces!

Couldn't run an agency to save their lives...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the people that work there are amazing people to work with.

Cons- The senior management is a nightmare. Couldn't run an agency to save their lives.
    - They use threats and negativity to "inspire" you to work.
    - They spend too much time trying to please ONE client and rarely spend time trying to win new business or go after creative work.
    - The most unorganized agency I have ever worked at.
    - they are NOTORIOUS for not paying their freelancers for months.
    - Lack of a good creative leader keeps the creative team in a constant burnt out and unhappy state of mind.
    - They higher arrogant creative leadership that aren't qualified to run team.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to run a shop, guys. Get it together. You lose great people because of your inability to lead a team. The constant negative environment makes it an awful to work with you. Appreciate your employees.

Designer

Designer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLBi health is a digital agency, so their projects are based on the website and smart phone. If you really love digital works, its good to work here.

ConsThere are a lot of ISI and charts of pharmacy stuff, which are need to be created. It would cause a lot of back and forth to edit the projects.

Falling behind in the agency world, not enough skilled employees

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- good people who want to make a difference (depends on the dept)
    - excellent location with a very open office for interactions
    - very helpful HR Team, who is probably used to the high turnover rate

Cons- high turnover
    - lacking the employees with a set of skills to compete against other agencies
    - no direction or organizational structure (managers come and go)
    - because of the lack of structure, clients are confused who to turn to for responses
    - client base is not all that exciting, most of them are holdovers from previous agencies
    - another integration with another agency is taking place this year after buying MRY

Advice to Senior Management- start listening to the people who want to do more ( there are a lot of them)
    - stop promoting people based on the number of years they've been at the company
    - need to do a better job of cross functional team work (don't let creative and strategy take all the glory)

Little culture, but I think that is changing soon

Account Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsInnovative, strong tech team, growing culture, coffee espresso bar with barista (good caffeine fuels creativity!), feels like HR is looking out for you and really cares, strong vision for company moving forward

ConsCookie cutter, high turnover, not as creative and conceptual as some other agencies, have not been reviewed in almost 2 years, have no boss or structured team (But I think other teams are different), have no stable client

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the people who were used and abused by the Syrup regime

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

great place, great people, great over all experience

Creative (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosit is an environment that understands design and technology. really an office of talented people

Conssometimes hard to have a work life balance

Worked for LBI International? Contribute to the Community!