LCE Reviews

System Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at LCE full-time

Pros

Helping our Veterans. I am originally from Beaufort, SC, and the military is the backbone of the community. Being able to work a project that helps our Veteran spoke to my heart.

Cons

The work pipeline needs to be diversified with government and commercial accounts to allow continuous work for all the employees.

Great place to work, great work-life balance

I have been working at LCE full-time

Pros

Great salaries and excellent benefits. Life Cycle Engineering covers its employee's cost of health, dental and vision insurance. Good work-life balance. An SC best place to work!

Cons

It would be good to have more opportunities for training and personal growth outside of assigned project work. More outlets for employee engagement.

Exciting, adventurous, and, overall LCE treats you as if you were their family.

Current Employee - Reliability Technician  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Reliability Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LCE part-time for more than a year

Pros

Per Diem travel to Japan, and Hawaii for work.

Cons

There are limited hours available. I only work 4 days a month.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great learning of government applications, functions, etc

I worked at LCE

Pros

Learning, flexibiility, benefits, employee relationships

Cons

there are none that have affected me personally

Solid Family Owned, Privately Held Company

Former Employee - Manager  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Manager in Charleston, SC

I worked at LCE full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great family to work for. A lot of outstanding professionals worked at LCE. Culture focuses on taking care of people and customers.

Cons

Executive management sometimes failed to take action on problems that were very obvious to most employees. I think that some of the executives were conflict averse.

Be more decisive in taking the obvious actions that will drive the company forward.

Great place to work. Good days pay for a good days work. Great Benefits.

Former Employee - Senior Reliability Engineer  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Reliability Engineer in Norfolk, VA

I worked at LCE full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Voted best place to work in SC for 6 straight years. Offices in 7 different locales. Large diversity in the workforce, by that I mean they do a lot of different things for a lot of different company.

Cons

A lot of jobs depend on Gov't contracts and unfortunately with the fragility of the governments budget right now, there is no guarantee that contract is going to last. However LCE will generally find you something else to work on till another position comes along

Keep up the good work, but be careful about letting some of the good ones get away.

Great culture with a positive working environment and managers who care.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at LCE full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is great! The newly renovated environment has allowed for a more efficient and comfortable work space. LCE management respects my personal life and encourages a life/work balance. I moved here not knowing anyone or the area and the employees of LCE took me in and made me feel welcomed.

Cons

I came from a large corporation where the benefits were a bit better. The benefits for a single individual are not as good as perhaps they are for folks claiming dependents.

Continue to engage employees through social activities outside of the office. Also, more communications from Executive Leadership in regards to activities occurring within the company, you are our link to each of the groups within LCE.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Charleston, SC

I have been working at LCE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful place to work! Everyone is very knowledgable and friendly. Like others have stated, there is very much a family type atmosphere. LCE is willing to go the extra mile for its customers as well as its employees. Training and certifications are encouraged. This year alone I've received two certifications and a training opportunity, for which I am very grateful. On top of the training and certifications, there have been numerous side projects, lunch and learn gatherings to share knowledge on new technologies, and other local community events to participate in sponsored by LCE.

I've also seen the company provide continual work for its employees. If work is winding down in one area, they provide the opportunity internally before looking for new talent. They say they want to keep each and every person they hire, and I feel it's true.

Cons

No real cons that I've noticed.

I think the management is doing a great job.

Very impressive company thus far

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Charleston, SC

I have been working at LCE full-time for less than a year

Pros

LCE engages employees in a variety of ways from social events to community services to collaborative meetings. There is a great opportunity to move up within the company especially now that prime contracts are being won and additional people are being hired. The people are very nice and very talented.

Cons

There are none at the moment.

Consistently One of SC Best Places to Work

I have been working at LCE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strengths-based - LCE is a strengths-based organization. Employees are responsible for setting their own career goals, and their manager/mentors help define a path for success.

Empowerment - Employees at LCE feel empowered in their jobs. Employees ideas are always heard. The best company initiatives are often started as 'grass-roots' efforts.

Balance - Work-life balance is valued. LCE employees are all leaders/professionals and will always go the extra-mile to ensure project success. Likewise, the company values its employees, and promotes a work-life balance. Commitment to employees is exemplified in the company-provided benefits, and opportunities for training/personal advancement.

Stability - LCE has been in business for over 20 years, and appears to have 'managed growth' philosophy resulting in a stable business model with consistent growth. The company is privately-held and the CEO has stated that it is his desire to always remain privately-held.

Cons

No major cons or concerns to state

LCE Photos

LCE Halloween 2011

+ Add Photo

Worked for LCE? Contribute to the Community!