LCG

4.0

LCG President & CEO Conrad D. Kenley
Conrad D. Kenley

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Small enough to care, big enough to help

Current Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at LCG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Small family mentality. Often have happy hours company wide where you can meet the top players or fellow new comers.

Cons

Micro management is present with a lot of their teams from what i am understanding. I know we have to account personally for every hour we work

Switch to fringe benefits as not all employees want the benefits you force on to us. I would much rather have the mandatory 3.25 an hour the govn't requires to a 401k as many of the bigger contractors do.

Good, and getting better

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at LCG

Pros

LCG suffered some peculiar and arguably unethical management problems years ago but those problems have been resolved, the problem personnel have been dismissed and the climate has improved towards a focus on doing good work for our customers.

Business development has demonstrated an increasingly strong capability of landing contracts and keeping the company fiscally healthy. economic woes were turned around in record time in an impressive display of financial mitigation.

LCG appears to promote from within almost exclusively. This opportunity for advancement is one of its greatest strengths and undersold by management. Fortunately, the policy seems to be working fine as far as avoiding the "Peter Principle" as well.

Cons

As a small company, LCG is not in a position to provide a large number of fancy perks.

I do have concerns LCG may suffer if we get an economic recovery and quality personnel get poached.

Be mindful of compensation packages in the event of an economic recovery. Severe brain drain is a true threat to the continued success of the company.

Don't give up on the corporate event planning. The gestures were welcome despite sparse participation. HR should not feel demoralized when some events aren't as popular as hoped. This is an early stage. Perhaps monthly is too ambitious. Quarterly and closer to work locations and starting times right after work might help participation rates.