LCG Systems Reviews

Great people, great management

Former Employee - Software Engineer - Applications Developer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer - Applications Developer

I worked at LCG Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Encouraged to explore new technologies, great internal training.

Cons

Can't think anything other than long commute

Continue doing what you are doing

Good for temporary or beginning job.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at LCG Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Promoted training and recognized achievements.

Cons

Growth and advancement were limited. Employment for contractors is not guaranteed. Strongly focused on proposals, but did not see much success.

Application Development Consultant

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at LCG Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

working for LCG System feels like you are in family. due to all the project they have is a goverment contract It is relatively Secured , Reliable and the People working at LCG are easy to work with them

Cons

Career opportunity needs to be improved

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small enough to care, big enough to help

Current Employee - Tier II Technical Support  in  Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at LCG Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small family mentality. Often have happy hours company wide where you can meet the top players or fellow new comers.

Cons

Micro management is present with a lot of their teams from what i am understanding. I know we have to account personally for every hour we work

Switch to fringe benefits as not all employees want the benefits you force on to us. I would much rather have the mandatory 3.25 an hour the govn't requires to a 401k as many of the bigger contractors do.

Shining Star in a sea of undesirable tech firms!

Current Employee - Support  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Support in Rockville, MD

I have been working at LCG Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Management open to working with you to make sure you build the future you want
    -I really feel like LCG is making a big effort to make sure I am taken care
    -Management and HR go the extra mile to make you feel like they want you to stay at LCG and grow
    -Free training and certs!
    -Management will sit with you and talk about your future/growth opportunities. I dont feel like Im stuck in the same job forever.
    -Planned activities and outings
    -Great benefits!
    -Very generous company

Cons

-Some of the small client sites (with 3 or less employee's) sometimes seem forgotten. Just as perks are at bigger client sites (water coolers, free refreshments, kitchens, microwaves, refrigerators) they should also be made available for employee's at smaller sites
    -More opportunities outside the Rockville area
    - No Employee purchase program

Overall, LCG is an excellent company that really works hard to make sure their employees are happy. Keep working at making sure the connections stays strong between corporate and your employee's.

Good, and getting better

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at LCG Systems

Pros

LCG suffered some peculiar and arguably unethical management problems years ago but those problems have been resolved, the problem personnel have been dismissed and the climate has improved towards a focus on doing good work for our customers.

Business development has demonstrated an increasingly strong capability of landing contracts and keeping the company fiscally healthy. economic woes were turned around in record time in an impressive display of financial mitigation.

LCG appears to promote from within almost exclusively. This opportunity for advancement is one of its greatest strengths and undersold by management. Fortunately, the policy seems to be working fine as far as avoiding the "Peter Principle" as well.

Cons

As a small company, LCG is not in a position to provide a large number of fancy perks.

I do have concerns LCG may suffer if we get an economic recovery and quality personnel get poached.

Be mindful of compensation packages in the event of an economic recovery. Severe brain drain is a true threat to the continued success of the company.

Don't give up on the corporate event planning. The gestures were welcome despite sparse participation. HR should not feel demoralized when some events aren't as popular as hoped. This is an early stage. Perhaps monthly is too ambitious. Quarterly and closer to work locations and starting times right after work might help participation rates.

Small firm in growth mode

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at LCG Systems

Pros

The people. Most are really smart and really good at what they do.

Cons

Some of the bureaucracy can get annoying...

Sr. Mgmt needs to get some insight on how to run an IT services firm in the new decade...

LCG Systems- HQ and client site review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at LCG Systems

Pros

Nice people, office, and if you are at the HQ bldg- you get free fruit, drinks, and other perks. The building is secure which is a plus if you work later hours.

Cons

Corporate culture hard to break into the clique. Lack of dedicated, qualified tester for their in-house software development efforts lead me to believe that the client is not getting top quality products. Even though client sites are only a few miles from the HQ, the little perks are not available such as fruit, drinks, etc. --sort of makes you feel you aren't really part of the company.

Deliver some of your HQ perks to workers forced to be at client sites, often a fruit basket and some free soft drinks and a visit by management once in a while would go a long way towards making sure everyone feels they are part of the company.

Not bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at LCG Systems

Pros

Good professional development of career, always willing to accommodate for new certifications and training where possible and budget not withstanding.

Cons

no real growth opportunity. company growing, but you're either a manager of sorts or "in the field", so to speak.

Keep employees informed of ways to advance their career. Maybe a mentor/apprentice type role where we could find out how the management team works.

Many opportunities and rewards for hard working, intelligent employees.

I have been working at LCG Systems

Pros

-Management
    -Benefits
    -Innovation
    LCG Systems is continuously working to improve its standing as a preferred employer in the federal government space. The benefits package, management communication and opportunity to be involved in innovative technologies is excellent.

Cons

LCG Systems promotes training and certification so well that many of its employees move into the federal government space. This doesn't always leave the coverage that it should to focus and fulfill the company mission.

Worked for LCG Systems? Contribute to the Community!