LCG Systems

Updated Mar 30, 2014

LCG Systems President & CEO Conrad D. Kenley

Conrad D. Kenley

Great people, great management

Software Engineer - Applications Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at LCG Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsEncouraged to explore new technologies, great internal training.

ConsCan't think anything other than long commute

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you are doing

Application Development Consultant

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at LCG Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Prosworking for LCG System feels like you are in family. due to all the project they have is a goverment contract It is relatively Secured , Reliable and the People working at LCG are easy to work with them

ConsCareer opportunity needs to be improved

Small enough to care, big enough to help

Tier II Technical Support (Current Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I have been working at LCG Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsSmall family mentality. Often have happy hours company wide where you can meet the top players or fellow new comers.

ConsMicro management is present with a lot of their teams from what i am understanding. I know we have to account personally for every hour we work

Advice to Senior ManagementSwitch to fringe benefits as not all employees want the benefits you force on to us. I would much rather have the mandatory 3.25 an hour the govn't requires to a 401k as many of the bigger contractors do.

Many opportunities and rewards for hard working, intelligent employees.

I have been working at LCG Systems

Pros-Management
-Benefits
-Innovation
LCG Systems is continuously working to improve its standing as a preferred employer in the federal government space. The benefits package, management communication and opportunity to be involved in innovative technologies is excellent.

ConsLCG Systems promotes training and certification so well that many of its employees move into the federal government space. This doesn't always leave the coverage that it should to focus and fulfill the company mission.

Fantastic

I have been working at LCG Systems

ProsOpen collaborative enviroment where employees are valued! The majority of employees are very committeed to seeing the company succeed and therefore, there is a true team culture.

ConsStill growing and with that comes growing pains! Things at time can seem a little unstructured but with time this should iron itseld out.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep aiming big but be mindful of how thin people are spread. Dont forget that it's not always about revenue and that investment in your employees, even at the expense of the bottom line, in the long run will always be fruitful!

Great people and a supportive work environment

I have been working at LCG Systems

Pros- Great people who are competent, friendly and enthusiastic
- A fun place to work if in the right team
- Encourages people to take charge of their own careers and strives to provide opportunities in employees' areas of interest
- HR is actually pleasant to work with and is quite efficient

Cons- Not a place for big company types who crave for structure, direction and clear career paths.
- Based on what team you are assigned to, the experience can vary significantly. No "LCG way" of doing things; everything depends on your team and the client.
- Lack of brand recognition in the marketplace. The time spent doing poor quality work at a big firm might look better on your resume than doing great work here. LCG needs to compensate this by improving the brand or offering higher salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on improving the company's brand - it will help in attracting and retaining good talent in addition to growing the business. The current updates on business results are great, but considering most of the employees are technology professionals and the business is technology services, it would be great if a coherent technology strategy and road-map are thought through and provided.

Good, and getting better

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I have been working at LCG Systems

ProsLCG suffered some peculiar and arguably unethical management problems years ago but those problems have been resolved, the problem personnel have been dismissed and the climate has improved towards a focus on doing good work for our customers.

Business development has demonstrated an increasingly strong capability of landing contracts and keeping the company fiscally healthy. economic woes were turned around in record time in an impressive display of financial mitigation.

LCG appears to promote from within almost exclusively. This opportunity for advancement is one of its greatest strengths and undersold by management. Fortunately, the policy seems to be working fine as far as avoiding the "Peter Principle" as well.

ConsAs a small company, LCG is not in a position to provide a large number of fancy perks.

I do have concerns LCG may suffer if we get an economic recovery and quality personnel get poached.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe mindful of compensation packages in the event of an economic recovery. Severe brain drain is a true threat to the continued success of the company.

Don't give up on the corporate event planning. The gestures were welcome despite sparse participation. HR should not feel demoralized when some events aren't as popular as hoped. This is an early stage. Perhaps monthly is too ambitious. Quarterly and closer to work locations and starting times right after work might help participation rates.

Small firm in growth mode

I have been working at LCG Systems

ProsThe people. Most are really smart and really good at what they do.

ConsSome of the bureaucracy can get annoying...

Advice to Senior ManagementSr. Mgmt needs to get some insight on how to run an IT services firm in the new decade...

LCG Systems- HQ and client site review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at LCG Systems

ProsNice people, office, and if you are at the HQ bldg- you get free fruit, drinks, and other perks. The building is secure which is a plus if you work later hours.

ConsCorporate culture hard to break into the clique. Lack of dedicated, qualified tester for their in-house software development efforts lead me to believe that the client is not getting top quality products. Even though client sites are only a few miles from the HQ, the little perks are not available such as fruit, drinks, etc. --sort of makes you feel you aren't really part of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeliver some of your HQ perks to workers forced to be at client sites, often a fruit basket and some free soft drinks and a visit by management once in a while would go a long way towards making sure everyone feels they are part of the company.

Not bad

I have been working at LCG Systems

ProsGood professional development of career, always willing to accommodate for new certifications and training where possible and budget not withstanding.

Consno real growth opportunity. company growing, but you're either a manager of sorts or "in the field", so to speak.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employees informed of ways to advance their career. Maybe a mentor/apprentice type role where we could find out how the management team works.

Worked for LCG Systems? Contribute to the Community!

LCG Systems – Why Work for Us?

Since 1990, Laurel Consulting Group (LCG, Inc.) has been a leader in providing innovative technology solutions to health and social services agencies. LCG Systems (a division of LCG, Inc.) was established in 2002 to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LCG Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LCG Systems CEO Conrad D. Kenley. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by LCG Systems employees.