LCG Systems Reviews in Rockville, MD

Application Development Consultant

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at LCG Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

working for LCG System feels like you are in family. due to all the project they have is a goverment contract It is relatively Secured , Reliable and the People working at LCG are easy to work with them

Cons

Career opportunity needs to be improved

Shining Star in a sea of undesirable tech firms!

Current Employee - Support  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Support in Rockville, MD

I have been working at LCG Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Management open to working with you to make sure you build the future you want
    -I really feel like LCG is making a big effort to make sure I am taken care
    -Management and HR go the extra mile to make you feel like they want you to stay at LCG and grow
    -Free training and certs!
    -Management will sit with you and talk about your future/growth opportunities. I dont feel like Im stuck in the same job forever.
    -Planned activities and outings
    -Great benefits!
    -Very generous company

Cons

-Some of the small client sites (with 3 or less employee's) sometimes seem forgotten. Just as perks are at bigger client sites (water coolers, free refreshments, kitchens, microwaves, refrigerators) they should also be made available for employee's at smaller sites
    -More opportunities outside the Rockville area
    - No Employee purchase program

Overall, LCG is an excellent company that really works hard to make sure their employees are happy. Keep working at making sure the connections stays strong between corporate and your employee's.

Small firm in growth mode

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at LCG Systems

Pros

The people. Most are really smart and really good at what they do.

Cons

Some of the bureaucracy can get annoying...

Sr. Mgmt needs to get some insight on how to run an IT services firm in the new decade...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

LCG Systems- HQ and client site review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at LCG Systems

Pros

Nice people, office, and if you are at the HQ bldg- you get free fruit, drinks, and other perks. The building is secure which is a plus if you work later hours.

Cons

Corporate culture hard to break into the clique. Lack of dedicated, qualified tester for their in-house software development efforts lead me to believe that the client is not getting top quality products. Even though client sites are only a few miles from the HQ, the little perks are not available such as fruit, drinks, etc. --sort of makes you feel you aren't really part of the company.

Deliver some of your HQ perks to workers forced to be at client sites, often a fruit basket and some free soft drinks and a visit by management once in a while would go a long way towards making sure everyone feels they are part of the company.

Not bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at LCG Systems

Pros

Good professional development of career, always willing to accommodate for new certifications and training where possible and budget not withstanding.

Cons

no real growth opportunity. company growing, but you're either a manager of sorts or "in the field", so to speak.

Keep employees informed of ways to advance their career. Maybe a mentor/apprentice type role where we could find out how the management team works.

Worked for LCG Systems? Contribute to the Community!