LDS Family Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.3
Fred Riley

1. Wonderful place to work!

Current Employee - Secretary in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Secretary in Sandy, UT

I have been working at LDS Family Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is by far the best job I have ever had in my entire life. Just walking through the doors of LDS Family Services brings peace to the soul. Knowing that you are here helping people is enough payment! The other secretaries I work with are so loving and giving. The people I work with genuinely care about my life and want the best for me! There truly is no better job in the world.

Cons

None - but there is a 20 word limit in this section so I had to write something. Everything here is wonderful!

Advice to Management

Follow the rules and regulations of the "Leadership Pattern" - especially the middle part.

2. Great opportunity to be involved in many initiatives simultaneously

I have been working at LDS Family Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities to learn new things and contribute in positive ways are always coming up. It is a great place to learn and grow. And I love the people I work with. If you are someone that loves to learn new things, and wants to contribute to a great cause, this is a great place to work!

Cons

It doesn't seem to be the type of place where they want to keep employees around for their entire careers, so there is little if any talk of deliberate career development for junior employees, or even middle management. That being said, for an ambitious person that is willing to learn new things, this is a place where new opportunities constantly arise. And especially, if you want to contribute for a season and move on, this can be a wonderful place to work!

Advice to Management

Would love to see more deliberate career development.

3. I'm an Italian interpreter for the LDS Church. I love to serve the Lord. I love the spirit I feel in this work.

Current Employee - Family Search in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Family Search in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at LDS Family Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Clean and tidy environment, relationships based on respect, ongoing efforts to give their best in service. It's exciting working for the truth.

Cons

no one for me. So far I haven't had problem.

Advice to Management

help more foreign people to find a job considering their initial difficulties with the language.

Positive Environment

Former Employee - Office Assistant in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Office Assistant in Sandy, UT

I worked at LDS Family Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a positive, helpful environment. Bad language and other negative work place behavior was non-existent. Although working with people over a very wide age range, all were accepting and helpful co-workers. Cooperative environment.

Cons

There was a strict dress code. For women, skirts or dresses past your knee. Panthose or tights and tops that covered your shoulders and were not low cut. For men, button up shirts, slacks and ties, at a minimum.

Advice to Management

None. Loved working here.

Supportive, Encouraging Environment

Former Employee - Counselor in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Counselor in Boise, ID

Pros

Supportive environment, void of office politics, teamwork, leadership, autonomy.

Cons

Using contemporary or alternative, but empirically-based treatment is not encouraged; ie: hypnosis, memory recall, etc.

Advice to Management

A little bit of detailed feedback on how we are doing as counselors.

Okay pt job

Current Employee - Clinician in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Clinician in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Working with members who are really and truly motivated to change is very refreshing and rewarding. The mgt, boss etc.. are good about flexibility in schedule and very supportive clinically.

Cons

There are no benefits like retirement, medical and dental insurance offered for a p/t job. And it is next to impossible to be f./t.

Advice to Management

Provide employees benefits and don't favor some over others.

8. Not all things pertaining to the Church are true.

Current Employee - Lcsw in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Lcsw in Concord, CA

Pros

Opportunity to work with members of LDS faith. It is refreshing to deal with individuals who want to improve their lives through counseling from other Church members. The work is varied between clinical counseling of individuals, families, couples and birth parent or adoption work.

Cons

The agency is very punative if you are not one of their golden employees. The incompetence is wide spread but only individuals who play the games and kiss up are rewarded. There is nepotism within the system and qualifications acquired outside the agency are not recognized. The hierarchy is very sexist and do not follow legal business practices.

Advice to Management

To get out of Salt Lake and see how things work in the real world.

RSS Feed </> Embed