LEO A DALY Reviews

Updated April 11, 2014
3.4

LEO A DALY Chairman and CEO Leo A. Daly III
Leo A. Daly III

Leadership, strategy, focus & execution that leads to incredible design and management of projects around the world.

I have been working at LEO A DALY full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The leadership of the firm understands what it takes to be one of the largest and most successful firms of its kind in the world.

Cons

Because of the "go/no-go" process, the firm is very selective in the projects they accept.

From Mr. Dalluge to the leadership in everything Department, there seems to be a coordinated, strategic approach to the management of the firm that helps every office and market thrive.

Hoped for better

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LEO A DALY full-time

Pros

Some opportunities for doing good work at the local office level.

Cons

Many changes and poor long term vision, all investment in staff attempts are undercut by enterprise leadership in sole goal of keeping their positions.

Balance your specific goals while respecting your production staff. A companies culture is not only the projects that get done but the people that help to make it a place that they are proud to be apart of.

No work life balance

I have been working at LEO A DALY full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Variety of projects, good teammate

Cons

No consideration for production level employee, treat their personal time (after working hours, weekend, holidays) as regular working hours. Starting salary is fair but very minimal raise after that, frequent of firing people instead of one big layoff

Most of management level people are only concern about themselves instead of take care of the overall problem or what they can help for people who actually work for the firm

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strong leader in architecture

Former Employee - Director, Business Development  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Director, Business Development in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at LEO A DALY full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

National and international architecture firm. Strong management and support. Opportunities to grow with firm.

Cons

Very structured corporate environment not suitable for all.

More inclusive of staff input by leadership

Good work and experience, terrible company culture

I have been working at LEO A DALY full-time

Pros

Opportunity to work on great projects with good people. Encourage career development.

Cons

Horrible benefits. Worst I have been offered in my career to date. Very poor tuition reimbursement program.

Look around at other firms in the AE industry and try to keep up. Offer a competitive benefits and compensation package that won't leave employees broke if god forbid something were to happen.

The company invests heavily in your personal growth

I have been working at LEO A DALY full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with the firm for 5 years and have been through three major individual growth training programs built around leadership, stewardship and team building. The firm continues to invest in this training even through difficult times. While its not perfect, their continual efforts to better the organization and grow is refreshing and honest. There is greater transparency and bolder design. Have seen a great deal of promotion from within over the last several years.

Cons

All large companies take time to make change, so changes are not always rapid. We are too tolerant of whiners.

Continue investing in individual development, building the leaders for tomorrow from within

Talent and Teaming Skills Are Valued

I have been working at LEO A DALY full-time

Pros

The company is big enough to be an industry player worldwide, but small enough to get to know most of your coworkers and feel like you have each other's back.

Talent and teaming skills are valued, whether you're a beginner, a veteran, or anywhere in-between.

A newly formed corporate team is putting new ideas into play, and the ideas are welcomed.

If you're interested in working abroad, the opportunities are there.

Cons

It's probably a challenge to find and recruit female and minority architects and engineers, but the company would benefit from having the broader viewpoint more diversity brings.

Do whatever it takes to recruit and hire the very best people. And know that the best people need to be even better at listening and observing than they are at talking.

Had many opportunities for growth and development

Current Employee - Marketing and Business Development  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Marketing and Business Development in Omaha, NE

I have been working at LEO A DALY full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The firm is anxious to include many functional groups in helping drive the direction of the firm. They are particularly focused on building the firm, providing opportunities and developing younger staff for future leadership positions. A variety of project types and in most instances in multiple markets to withstand economic ups and downs.

Cons

As a firm that's been in business for nearly 100 years, they are just now beginning to make all the necessary changes internally that meet the needs of younger staff. However, the working environments are good in most offices.

Balance is important --- know when consensus is beneficial to decision making. This is a business and a sense of urgency is required.

Leo A Daly is the best A/E/I/P firm to work for!

I have been working at LEO A DALY full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, sexy interesting projects, and the kind of firm that allows you to grow and develop. The company has developed one of the best leadership institutes in our industry, is focused on the fastest growing markets types today and always looks to promote from within. All this and being paid very fairly, make this firm the best to work for in my opinion, and I have worked in several.

Cons

While I am sure there must be some "Cons, " since there are at any firm, I honestly can't think of any.

The firm's leadership and management are inspirational, decisive and investing wisely in the firm's future. The employees appreciate the fact that the management work together and have real experience. They never ask someone to do something that they wouldn't or haven't done themselves. The leadership today is great.

10 years and counting

I have been working at LEO A DALY full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love my job, the people and the environment in my office. The people and the challenging work is what keeps me coming back for more. I am encouraged to grow and progress my knowledge and career. I believe there is genuine concern for employees and many talents throughout the company.

Cons

Home office has a stiff culture that keeps the company "old school". This is ok for some, but most employees would like to see this culture become more modern. For example if you are not working directly with clients, you should not be required to wear a tie and jeans should be allowed on Friday's. "Fun" should be incorporated in the day to day. Compensation and benefits are not competitive.

Put your guard down, take off your jacket, and talk to employees at all levels. If you ask, they will tell you. Drive the "one company" culture further...faster. Get the right people on board to make this happen, no exceptions.

Worked for LEO A DALY? Contribute to the Community!