LEO A DALY

Be The First To
Add Photos

LEO A DALY Chairman and CEO Leo A. Daly III

Leo A. Daly III

Leadership, strategy, focus & execution that leads to incredible design and management of projects around the world.

ProsThe leadership of the firm understands what it takes to be one of the largest and most successful firms of its kind in the world.

ConsBecause of the "go/no-go" process, the firm is very selective in the projects they accept.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom Mr. Dalluge to the leadership in everything Department, there seems to be a coordinated, strategic approach to the management of the firm that helps every office and market thrive.

Hoped for better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsSome opportunities for doing good work at the local office level.

ConsMany changes and poor long term vision, all investment in staff attempts are undercut by enterprise leadership in sole goal of keeping their positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance your specific goals while respecting your production staff. A companies culture is not only the projects that get done but the people that help to make it a place that they are proud to be apart of.

No work life balance

ProsVariety of projects, good teammate

ConsNo consideration for production level employee, treat their personal time (after working hours, weekend, holidays) as regular working hours. Starting salary is fair but very minimal raise after that, frequent of firing people instead of one big layoff

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of management level people are only concern about themselves instead of take care of the overall problem or what they can help for people who actually work for the firm

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good work and experience, terrible company culture

ProsOpportunity to work on great projects with good people. Encourage career development.

ConsHorrible benefits. Worst I have been offered in my career to date. Very poor tuition reimbursement program.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook around at other firms in the AE industry and try to keep up. Offer a competitive benefits and compensation package that won't leave employees broke if god forbid something were to happen.

Strong leader in architecture

Director, Business Development (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsNational and international architecture firm. Strong management and support. Opportunities to grow with firm.

ConsVery structured corporate environment not suitable for all.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore inclusive of staff input by leadership

Had many opportunities for growth and development

Marketing and Business Development (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsThe firm is anxious to include many functional groups in helping drive the direction of the firm. They are particularly focused on building the firm, providing opportunities and developing younger staff for future leadership positions. A variety of project types and in most instances in multiple markets to withstand economic ups and downs.

ConsAs a firm that's been in business for nearly 100 years, they are just now beginning to make all the necessary changes internally that meet the needs of younger staff. However, the working environments are good in most offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance is important --- know when consensus is beneficial to decision making. This is a business and a sense of urgency is required.

The company invests heavily in your personal growth

ProsI have been with the firm for 5 years and have been through three major individual growth training programs built around leadership, stewardship and team building. The firm continues to invest in this training even through difficult times. While its not perfect, their continual efforts to better the organization and grow is refreshing and honest. There is greater transparency and bolder design. Have seen a great deal of promotion from within over the last several years.

ConsAll large companies take time to make change, so changes are not always rapid. We are too tolerant of whiners.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing in individual development, building the leaders for tomorrow from within

Talent and Teaming Skills Are Valued

ProsThe company is big enough to be an industry player worldwide, but small enough to get to know most of your coworkers and feel like you have each other's back.

Talent and teaming skills are valued, whether you're a beginner, a veteran, or anywhere in-between.

A newly formed corporate team is putting new ideas into play, and the ideas are welcomed.

If you're interested in working abroad, the opportunities are there.

ConsIt's probably a challenge to find and recruit female and minority architects and engineers, but the company would benefit from having the broader viewpoint more diversity brings.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo whatever it takes to recruit and hire the very best people. And know that the best people need to be even better at listening and observing than they are at talking.

Leo A Daly is the best A/E/I/P firm to work for!

ProsGreat people, sexy interesting projects, and the kind of firm that allows you to grow and develop. The company has developed one of the best leadership institutes in our industry, is focused on the fastest growing markets types today and always looks to promote from within. All this and being paid very fairly, make this firm the best to work for in my opinion, and I have worked in several.

ConsWhile I am sure there must be some "Cons, " since there are at any firm, I honestly can't think of any.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe firm's leadership and management are inspirational, decisive and investing wisely in the firm's future. The employees appreciate the fact that the management work together and have real experience. They never ask someone to do something that they wouldn't or haven't done themselves. The leadership today is great.

Deserving of a Top 10 Rating

ProsDiversity of project types, Ability to collaborate with colleagures around the world, Opportunities for personal and professional growth, Creative and respectful culture, Multitude of learning situations, Recognition of "new normal" and making adjustments to thrive, almost 100 years old and determined to be around for the next century

ConsIndustry has not benefited from the economic downturn, some roles are still being impacted until the economy returns

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledging it is hard to turn a large ship, leverage the in-house talent to create the new success.

Worked for LEO A DALY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LEO A DALY reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LEO A DALY CEO Leo A. Daly III. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by LEO A DALY employees.