LEVEL Studios

LEVEL Studios President & CEO Tom Adamski

Tom Adamski

Great place to work

Senior UI Developer (Current Employee) San Luis Obispo, CA

ProsWork with top caliber clients

ConsNone to speak of really

Chaos and infighitng

ProsDecent client base to work with

ConsClique's allowed to dictate everything. immature senior management that resembled kindergarten kids

Rosetta is too worried about the bottom line

Account Supervisor (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsRosetta has very talented people. I've never worked with smarter and more knowledgeable teams. They do a great job with recruiting.

ConsIt's only about forecasting, margin, revenue, etc. Not the people. Not the relationships. Too much employee turn over. Retention is a huge problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are your biggest asset. Remember that. Flexibility is important too.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great learning experience that push me to my limits but also let me hone in on my best skills.

UI Developer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsIf you want a great working environment and great manager, this is the place to be. Unlike my previous job where my manager was a micromanager, here at LEVEL it's very laid back and you can relax and do your work. Yes, deadlines are coming, timelines are getting squeezed, and there are times of mild stress, but overall I really feel like everything is going with the flow. One thing I love about LEVEL is the perks (and the benefits, obviously). But some minor perks are free snacks and drinks in the kitchen (for me this is a big deal, because it saves me money!). Also, we have Nerf guns around so when the time comes, don't be surprised to find yourself throwing darts at someone!

ConsA few minor downsides in my opinion are.. I mentioned "snacks" earlier, well they did start decreasing the snack variety! I personally don't mind too much, but it is kind of sad. I only noticed this because at one point I remember seeing so many different kinds of snacks, now it's just a few.

Another minor downside, on a more serious note, is sometimes you may need to go "on-site" somewhere to do work related tasks. This is normal! But just in my opinion, in some cases I would need to go on-site for a long period of times, weeks, months, and while I get used to it, sometimes I miss working at the office! It really depends though, and like I said, it's normal.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I were to give advice to the leadership, I humbly ask to increase our snack variety and quantity. I guess I should be giving better advice than that, but I think they're doing the best job they can! So more snacks, food = happier employees!

Excessive Back-stabbing and Childish Behavior from Senior Level Employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

Pros-Various types of projects for large, and sometimes interesting, clients
    -Those who perform the work are talented, driven and dedicated
    -Relaxed atmosphere

Cons-Production sweat shop where thinking is frowned upon
    -Mean-spirited and selfish account people who are rewarded for unprofessional behavior
    -Most senior account people lie to clients, over promise, then force employees to make up for it.
    -Double standards across the board
    -A lack of knowledge, leadership, guidance and vision from the executives
    -Horrible resourcing process
    -Most projects go over budget due to mismanagement and a lack of expertise
    -Most of management contribute nothing to projects while hindering their progress
    -Executives who flaunt their vacation plans while employees are forced to work through their time off
    -After many years of service, long term employees are unfairly and rudely cast aside

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave for the greater good of the company.

LEVEL has given me tremendous professional and career growth and keeps me at the cutting edge of web development.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Luis Obispo, CA

ProsChallenging work, high-profile clients, exciting projects, great culture, awesome people, and growth opportunities, cutting edge technology, intelligent colleagues, opportunities to change location, flexible schedule, can occasionally work from home, projects may involve some travel

ConsNo bonuses, lots of extra hours (without overtime pay), little appreciation shown for your hard work (they reward you with food, alcohol, and parties rather than monetary bonuses)

Amazing place to work

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsWe can have exposure to different work areas like front end and back end at same time. very good benifits and they take care of their employees very well.

ConsLearn different technologies at same time. So sometime its very difficult to switch work between two different areas of work.

Probably best to look elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsThere are some really interesting projects
    Get to work for high profile clients
    Company provides employees with quality tools and resources
    Casual office environment

ConsLow morale among employees
    New hires quit or fired within weeks not abnormal
    Overly competitive and gossip driven culture
    Poor grasp of technology side of projects
    Projects are horribly under-scoped and mismanaged
    Account/Project management incompetent/inexperienced

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to scope projects appropriately and hire more experienced resources on the business/management side.

Amazing Digital Marketing Agency

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Luis Obispo, CA

ProsIt's a great opportunity to work with large clients.

ConsA lot is expected of you - for good reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with open communication between employees and management.

Great Vision, Resource Constrained, HIGH Stress Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsLevel's ultimate vision for what they want to accomplish is terrific and very encouraging. They reward employees who go the extra mile.

ConsThey are very resource constrained. The working environment is stressed because there is little to no strategy or process in place to accomplish goals. People are expected to work on multiple things concurrently leaving little time to help establish strategy. The foundation has many cracks, coming from the Directors and VPs and it's being built upon with more and more clients. Projects are often sold for less time than it will take to accomplish them. Many people work very late, so it's not a good place if you have a family.

Worked for LEVEL Studios? Contribute to the Community!