LF Stores Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Laurie Furst

Pros
  • The employee discount is also amazing (in 5 reviews)

• You learn A LOT of the ins-and-outs of a company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours when it comes to their only sale of the season- overtime and double time are a nice bonus (in 6 reviews)

• Home office is very overbearing (in 5 reviews)

a very specific job for a specific type of person

Current Employee - Full Time Stylist
    Current Employee - Full Time Stylist

I have been working at LF Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LOVE the girls that work there clients are hilarious company philosophy is great work doesn't seem like work - who wouldn't want to style someone who is likely to become your friend by the end of it amazing discount lots of hours which wasn't typical at my last retail job room for growth very involved in store running creative atmosphere you literally can get in touch with anyone within upper level management in a phone call

Cons

stressful hours are long - so you can make a lot of $ but prepare to work for it high turnover big focus on numbers if it's not your type of job you will feel like it isn't immediately can be cliquey

Advice to Management

if the motto is after 3 days you have just as much experience as everyone else, who does it feel like such a hierarchy still? I've been with the company for 6 months and i still feel like this!

2. Would not recommend!

I worked at LF Stores full-time

Pros

Awesome discount on clothing and hands on with everything that goes on in the store.

Cons

Management likes to take advantage of power and company flaws are always blamed on individual stylists. Impossible company standards, and not very understanding

Advice to Management

Be more involved with duties instead of giving orders and taking extra long lunches

3. Not Worth the Stress

Pros

The compensation was good ($11/hour = above minimum wage) and coworkers were friendly. Definitely a job where your success purely depends on your performance. Room for growth.

Cons

I was hired as a part-time stylist/sales associate but was working full time hours (40+ per week) while I was a full time student at University. Furthermore, I was not scheduled to work hours per day, rather I was scheduled to work days (from open to close) with only 2 days off per week. Management was unprofessional, from the store manager to the corporate headquarters. Communication within the company was near impossible. The work environment in the store was not suited for success. Turnover of employees is incredibly high, as there is no training of employees or management. Lack of professionalism all around.

Advice to Management

Open up communication between management and employees. Work on training employees and management. Foster amicable relations between stores and amongst employees rather than pitting them against each other too competitively.

5. Server/ Cashier

I worked at LF Stores part-time

Pros

It was a very comfortable environment to work in and they were flexible with hours. It was a small place so it was easy to manage serving all the customers at once.

Cons

Sometimes the place is empty for hours aside from an occasional quick pick up for a coffee. Not an incredibly good place for building communication skills.

Advice to Management

keep it up!

Assistant Manager, ridiculously demanding

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at LF Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

YOUR EXPERIENCE WILL VARY DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU WORK! I worked at two stores. It's marginally better if you work in a smaller boutique location, because you get to run the store as if it were your own. You can manage, merchandise and market the way you feel is best. You are essentially a full blown stylist and a personal shopper with your own clients, but with extensive managerial duties. Your coworkers are the defining part of the job -- it's fantastic if you get along. The "experience" looks great on a resume if you want to further yourself in the fashion industry... that's about it.

Cons

First and foremost, if you are not as thin as a twig, they will ridicule you. Unacceptable. They literally publicly singled-out one employee on a company-wide conference call to say she was too large for their clothing, and therefore shouldn't be representing LF as an employee, especially not in their social media posts! She was probably a size 25-26. Disgusting attitude. Incredibly rude, condescending, uncaring and unhelpful upper management. IF YOU'RE A STORE PROFESSIONAL, RUN AWAY! Home office/CEO/VPs are catty and immature. You'd almost think they were in high school, not grown women. They speak badly about one another right in front of you. They don't care about anything as long as money is coming in. You are expected to follow all their demands and still make their sales goals, which is absolutely unrealistic. Luckily they don't follow through in the smaller locations, or seem to care (unless you're working in the LA or NY stores, and if you are, good luck.) Nothing is ever good enough. There's no structure. They want to hire "fashionista" party girls, who typically make terrible employees. They couldn't care less about responsibility. You're expected to work until the work is done, which means working INSANE amounts of overtime. Awesome if you're paid hourly, but I'm pretty sure government occupation health & safety agencies would "disapprove," to put it mildly. There's essentially no HR and there is zero involvement unless something drastic happens. Upper management is incredibly difficult to get a hold of when you actually need their help, but they are ALWAYS available to criticize you! There's zero chance of promotion to a home office position but even if there was, I wouldn't have wanted it -- who would want a position where you'd be surrounded by mean, judgmental, rude, petty and unprofessional??? Oh, and good luck during the sale... the hours and exhaustion are a danger to your health.

Advice to Management

Be professional and cut it out with the catty attitude. Build up your employees instead of tearing them down. We're the ones putting in the hard work!! Make your employees feel wanted! Care about your customers! Don't approach your business with a "one size fits all" attitude. Be more available to managers. Have better coordination between your upper management staff, i.e. marketing, operations, IT, HR etc.

7. bad bad bad

Pros

great discounts on the clothes and shoes

Cons

only care about forcing customers to buy clothes whether or not it looks good on them

A really really tough place to work

I worked at LF Stores full-time

Pros

Great discount, get to run your own show. Free to merchandise, style, post social media pics.

Cons

Owners/management is horrible. They like to humiliate you when you don't produce the numbers they expect... Even when you produce substantially higher numbers year after year. I had anxiety and sleeping issues the whole time I worked for them bc I knew nothing was ever good enough. Conference calls and managers meetings in LA were always a dreaded nightmare. They would belittle you in front of other managers and one time even made us vote on who had the worst outfit in front of all the other managers.... What was the point of humiliating your management team? I would like to thank them tho, after the hell I went through with this job, I can handle anything!

Advice to Management

The turnover might not be so bad if you actually recognize talent and treat management as equals not the enemy.

Stylist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I worked at LF Stores (More than a year)

Pros

Great discount... Much more than that though I couldn't say. Met a few good friends at the job but it became way too much of an interference with daily life.

Cons

Poorly managed; a LOT of excess stress when it comes to selling and numbers; I worked many 10-12 hour shifts; they want to be in every aspect of your life. Not a job you want if you don't want to take it home with you after you clock out. They constantly threat firing you over numbers and the work load is not worth the pay. Incredibly unprofessional.

10. Run away.....

Pros

Discount on clothes and shoes is only reason to work there.

Cons

-treats employees horrible, they talk down to you -expect you to drop what you are doing for them when they call you and if you you will be punished -lack of communication, you can never get ahold of someone when you need them or have a question bc they don't believe in questions.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

11. Amazing growth and opportunity!

I have been working at LF Stores full-time

Pros

Every stylist is important to the staff and there is tremendous room for growth and opportunity

Cons

Long hours and can be stressful

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

RSS Feed </> Embed