LF USA

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dow Famulak

Freelance CAD Artist, worked with a team of great people, high organized, great communication with upper management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work life balance, strong communication amongst teams and departments, clear work flow, effective communication with upper management, great people and atmosphere, good hourly wage plus overtime

ConsNo room for growth, no possibility for full time employment on CAD team, no benefits

Once private company was acquired by LF USA, environment changed for the worst.

Design Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsJimlar management that has been there a long time (generally speaking) are nice, good people. Healthcare used to be free, but that was recently changed.

ConsThe senior management is very poor, weak. Management does not have a solid strategy. Product teams try to follow what little strategy they do have in place and then they blame those underneath them for poor performance. Management style is to yell at staff and blame design for everything. This is seen across several several managers at the top. Long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet much better leaders. Inspire people. Make them want to work and feel good. People will work very hard for people they like and believe in.

Could be better, could be worse

ProsLots of good people working hard

Conschallenging business environment and structure

Advice to Senior Managementprofessionalize! facilitate more internal networking.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It used to be one of the BEST companies to work for...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits & Good hours!

ConsCut throat! They rather hire outsider, then to promote from within.

Learned alot but no room for growth

Associate Designer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe environment was very warm and the people are great to work with.

ConsWorked very long hours and received nothing in return. There was no room for growth at all within this company. Sales team also did not provide accurate or enough information to designers in order to better product and sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot sure if it would be useful to even advise management on how to better the company. I believe this company is too unstable for any future advice.

potential

Prosgreat work/personal life balance.

ConsThey promise you many things yet don't have the personnel to help execute. virtually no training is offered to grow. promotions are limited.

High demand, low support

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsMy colleagues make coming to work more enjoyable. Our team is made up of very talented individuals. Benefits/vacation package is pretty good.

ConsThere is very little work/life balance. It is very common for employees in my department to stay very late, frequently, or work on the weekends. Employees are cramped in their work space.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in hiring more employees that offer support, those who physically get the work done.

Leaning a lot day by day

Handbag Designer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood Team atmosphere, varies by division

ConsPay can be challenging, especially if you've grown with them

Race to the Middle

Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAccess to customers, comfortable travel, at the time good benefits, good colleagues.

ConsPoor Upper Management. Management by Fear. Failed to pay promised bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove office culture. Fight for your employees, pay the bonuses as promised, especially when results are achieved.

Good experience

Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPaid internship. Lots of responsibility for an internship. Had the chance to work hands on with many departments on diverse projects. Good overall experience.

ConsNo chance for future career opportunities

Worked for LF USA? Contribute to the Community!