LF USA Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

Horrible Management

I worked at LF USA

Pros

Cant seem to find any positives

Cons

3rd floor period people quit in the middle of the night

2. Intern

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at LF USA

Pros

Great intern program - very structured and a lot of fun outings in addition to hard work.

Cons

The company is global and very large. It sometimes felt like not everyone was on the same page.

HORRIBLE!

I have been working at LF USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pros are the benefits that have changed in the 3 years I have been there

Cons

Where to start.. just seem to buy up any companies that they feel they need. Once acquired, layoffs start, no one is safe. If they buy a company that is not in New York, good luck, there will never be an upper management professional on site to manage the business. They put management in charge who know nothing about the business that they are brought in to manage. Most of the time, management is in NY and you will see them on site maybe once a month. Once the acquired business starts to fail, do to their total lack commitment to that company, they start to layoff employees and get ready to dissolve the company. I agree with a previous reviewer, no one even knows HR until they are ready to lay you off, then they are there with the severance packages. I have never worked for a worse company than this one

Advice to Management

STOP acquiring companies if you don't plan on bettering that company. Put people WHO KNOW how to run the acquired company in charge. They know the ins and outs of the company BETTER THAN YOU DO!

Assistant Designer

Former Employee - Assistant Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Designer in New York, NY

I worked at LF USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is very friendly, relaxed atmosphere, you are generally allowed to be independent. Really good benefits and HR department. Annual company outing/holiday parties.

Cons

Not much growth potential. Entry level salaries are pretty low.

Advice to Management

Create room to grow for your employees with salary bumps and title upgrades.

Don't waste you time

Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at LF USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

NOTHING. THE BRANDS ARE GOING DOWN SO NOTHING TO REALLY MENTION HERE.

Cons

Business going down in a bad way is not the place you want to spend your future- horrible management - no room for growth - horrible work environment of back stabbing and cattiness - not supportive (unless you like cocaine that is) and definitive somewhere I would send my worst enemy not my best friend. DON"T BOTHER!! YOU WONT LEARN ANYTHING EXCPET WHAT NOT TO DO - MANAGEMENT IS LACKING ANY TALENT WHATSOEVER.

Advice to Management

WORST MANAGEMENT SKILLS I HAVE SEEN IN A CORP. WASTE OF SPACES!!!

Overall my experience has been good,the enviornment is very corporate and can be challenging when working remotely.

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator
    Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator

I have been working at LF USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, we just started having to pay for insurance but costs are minimal compared to other companies. With tenure, vacation time is generous and salaries are competitive.

Cons

Difficult to move up in the company if you are not in the NY area or willing to move to the area. Also difficult to move into new roles as exposure to upper management is limited.

Avoid this company.

I have been working at LF USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are pretty decent. Low cost health insurance. Vacation is just okay. They offer training sessions for a variety of topics.

Cons

Lack of strategy. Poor leadership. No work/life balance. Disorganized. Communication between managers and employees is poor and confusing. No major perks. Product discount is low compared to other companies.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage, inspire, and strategize.

Limited growth potential

I have been working at LF USA full-time

Pros

May have opportunities to work overseas

Cons

The company is always changing and there always seem to be alot of lay offs that happen. The potential to grow within the company is terrible. Compensation is not on par with the average job level.

10. I worked at LF USA

Pros

Good work life balance, strong communication amongst teams and departments, clear work flow, effective communication with upper management, great people and atmosphere, good hourly wage plus overtime

Cons

No room for growth, no possibility for full time employment on CAD team, no benefits

Once private company was acquired by LF USA, environment changed for the worst.

Former Employee - Design Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Design Director in New York, NY

I worked at LF USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jimlar management that has been there a long time (generally speaking) are nice, good people. Healthcare used to be free, but that was recently changed.

Cons

The senior management is very poor, weak. Management does not have a solid strategy. Product teams try to follow what little strategy they do have in place and then they blame those underneath them for poor performance. Management style is to yell at staff and blame design for everything. This is seen across several several managers at the top. Long hours.

Advice to Management

Get much better leaders. Inspire people. Make them want to work and feel good. People will work very hard for people they like and believe in.

RSS Feed </> Embed