LG Consulting Reviews

Thomas H. Taft

Super fun place!

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at LG Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, the fun, the attitude to help customers.

Cons

Not a ton of bad things, all normal stuff

Advice to Management

Move out the bad talent from years ago and hire the top quality you have in the past year.

My experience with LG Consulting has been great and I absolutely love working for this company.

Pros

- Great compensation - Great work environment (good balance between having fun and working hard) - Solid leadership team - Flexible schedule - Fun team to work with

Cons

- Lack of training (however management is working on this and putting in place the appropriate training necessary to ensure we all are experts in what we do) - Lack of defined individual goals (would like to work with my manager to set personal goals whether it be on a quarterly, semi or annual basis)

Advice to Management

I think you all are doing a great job and are heading in the right direction as far as making the appropriate improvements in the areas needed.

Very good firm. Owners are honest, hardworking and have all the right intentions

Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

Pros

It's a no bs place to work. straight, open communication. recruiting is not for everyone. it's hard work and you have to be smart and tenacious. LG gives you every chance to make as much money as you want. finally have a good model in place and a clear plan moving forward. Great guys who own the firm who actually generate a substantial amount of revenue vs. sitting in an office giving orders.

Cons

They've hired terrible people in the past that shouldn't be in this industry in the first place. Thank god all those people are gone. I'm not surprised by some of the comments because it's by former employees who were completely dishonest, horrible employees, or were scheming against management to rip them off and take trade secrets with them. Management's plan has been seriously faulted in the past trying to make the leap from staff-aug to pure professional services and hired a guy who was an absolute bust. Came in talking big game but in the end it was all talk and zero production. Owners are bag carrying, revenue generating guys so you don't get as much hands on attention, but they've added some additional staff to help out.

Advice to Management

Hopefully your worst hires are in the past. I almost left because of some of these folks. Keep on point and make the slow transition to professional services. You know every executive in town.

Creative environment for entrepenureal leaders

Current Employee - Client Services in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Seattle, WA

I have been working at LG Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast growing, flexible, team oriented

Cons

Fast Growing, Balance of Priorities

Advice to Management

Commit to the vision you have and all will fall into place.

Neutrality!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

Pros

The people, location, and earnings potential is limitless

Cons

Disorganized, no training, lack of leadership of the recruiting team. Traffic in the area is terrible. If you don't live in the right spot and plan your commute correctly, you can lose 1-2 hours a day just in travel. The biggest problem is that it's really easy to forget about your social life. Some days you get so into your job you lose track of the time and the whole day passes you by. Occasionally there's pressure to get something accomplished quickly and you may find yourself working longer hours than you want.

Advice to Management

Make it a more open environment

7. Shifting focus and rebranding

I worked at LG Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New direction established and rebranding underway

Cons

Very high turnover; challenges with retaining quality staff

Do your homework about the company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Alot of the people within this company are great and have strong backgrounds. They cover all their employees benefits at no cost to the employee. Compensation is not bad (Some have it much better than others in the same role).

Cons

You are not looked at as a valuable asset to the organization and instead a dollar sign. Senior management is dishonest, untrustworthy and does not know the meaning of the word "intregrity". Even if you leave the company on good terms they still try to ruin your name.

Advice to Management

Why do you think 99% of all ex-LG Consulting employees have bad things to say about you? Could they all be wrong? People do not leave amazing jobs with bosses that truly value them...they leave when they feel the bosses wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire (which is why I and many others have left). Your company could be great if you listened and took care of your bottom line

Good and Bad

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA

Pros

-Good co-workers and environment at the time (most no longer there though) -Used to be able to make good money, though this apparently has changed -They used to have exceptional recruiters

Cons

-Management refers to employees as chess pieces on a chess board, and treat people poorly when they leave

Advice to Management

Do a better job of treating people well when they leave. Put some processes or training in place (this was non-existant)

Started Off Well, But Company Needs Some Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

--Friendly atmosphere in office --Good communication among peers --Moderately good benefits package --Enjoyable team building activities I was really excited to join the LG team and found the staff to be wonderful when I began my job: friendly atmosphere, promise of career growth, modest benefits that I was told would increase as LG grew.

Cons

--Lack of communication from executives --Not much in-office training --Management is not straightforward in sharing company information with employees that we need to do our jobs. Alot of the promises made at the beginning of my hire did not happen. No training, benefits have not improved, and there has not been opportunity to advance much. Management has not been clear about recent company activities involving a harassment complaint filed with the equal opportunity commission, which has left me having to answer questions from outside agents that I don't feel I am qualified to answer without more information from the exec team. General feeling of secrecy from management team that is not appreciated.

Advice to Management

Keep your staff in the loop about what is going on between the company and the community and your former employees so that we can do our jobs more effectively.

Proceed with caution

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at LG Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office staff is friendly and supportive with a desire to succeed. Benefits are comparable to the IT staffing industry. Consulting practice leaders are experienced with a depth in solution development. Field consultants work with good companies and are supported with a consultant support resource.

Cons

Turnover is very high with most of the practice leads, recruiting and sales resources on board for less than a year. Attracting talent, retention and longevity are poor. Company is in a constant state of transition and has been for years, trying to migrate from an IT staffing firm to an IT solutions firm without a clear strategy supported by the owners.

Advice to Management

Develop a clear strategy for the migration from staffing to solutions that the ownership can support. Manage the transition plan with a long-term perspective.

RSS Feed </> Embed